• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Best places to buy my nootropics and more Qs?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:42 AM

What's are the best places to buy high quality Alpha-GPC and Piracetam at decent prices? Also, what dosages should each have? When should I take a breax from them? For how long do I need to keep the attack dose of 800 mg every hour for 6 hours in a row each day? Do the effects of Piracetam eventually seem to wear off after a good 3 weeks or two as I read in Google Groups? Is it worth getting the powders instead of the capsules or is the difficulty not worth the maintanance cost?

BTW: I want to supplement Piracetam with Alpha-GPC (capsules) instead of CDP-Choline because I understand it is more powerful and efficient.

#2 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:45 AM

No need to take a break from those two substances.
No need to take an attack dose.
The effects doesn't wear off, you might get used to the feeling but it doesn't wear off.
Get the powders, much cheaper and you can measure out your doses exactly the way you want them.

If those two are the only nootropics you will ingest I would shoot for 2500-3500mg Piracetam and 2000mg Alpha GPC divided into 2 or 3 doses.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 exigentsky

• Topic Starter
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 12:10 AM

Is it ok if I abandon the Alpha-GPC and just take Ortho-Mind with Piracetam? After all, it has a LOT of CDP choline.

#4 atp_none

• 29 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:39 AM

No need to take a break from those two substances.
No need to take an attack dose.
The effects doesn't wear off, you might get used to the feeling but it doesn't wear off.
Get the powders, much cheaper and you can measure out your doses exactly the way you want them.

If those two are the only nootropics you will ingest I would shoot for 2500-3500mg Piracetam and 2000mg Alpha GPC divided into 2 or 3 doses.

Wow, isn't that a lot of Alpha GPC for only an addition to piracetam?

I take about 1 grams of piracetam, 500mg of Alcar and 500mg of Aniracetam a day (2/3 times a day) and supplement it with about 300 mg Alpha-GPC (2/3 times), no other sources of choline are taken (non supps not included). No dizzy spells, headaches, neck aches yet. Would you think I'm not taking enough choline/A-GPC?

#5 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:05 PM

You're fine.

#6 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:24 PM

LifeMirage I've read that when taking choline (without phosphatidyl part) you smell like fish. Since at the moment I only have access to pure (97%) Lecithin and Choline Bitartrate what do you think is the better source for now? I really wouldn't want to smell like fish on my trainings where I sweat a lot :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:52 PM

LifeMirage I've read that when taking choline (without phosphatidyl part) you smell like fish. Since at the moment I only have access to pure (97%) Lecithin and Choline Bitartrate what do you think is the better source for now? I really wouldn't want to smell like fish on my trainings where I sweat a lot 

Taking Choline bitartate in high doses can, less so with the chloride and citrate forms. If I had to pick one of the 2 it would be lecithin, only because should not cause you to stink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users