Photo

Cause of Terry's nails?

terrys nails vascularity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tomakin

• 23 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

I have them since 2005 or so, no blind idea why. After a few months of high temperature and diarrhea they just appeared. No MD was able to get rid of diarrhea and temperature, so after few months I've took this in my own hands and fixed it in just a few days with the supplements - zinc and vitamin D.

Changes in my fingernails are still visible, they don't really concern me much, but once they appeared, it seems like I've lost my ability to utilize oxygen. I can't run on long distances anymore, well, I can - but very slow. My ability to run fast is not affected, but I can't keep it longer than 20 seconds. Seems it's not just general health problem, as I can run for a very long time - a few hours at least. My memory isn't working as well as it used to be and I have hard time focusing on any demanding activity.

So, what I've found, Terry's are:

Tissue biopsy showed that the nail abnormality was due to distal telangiectasias

It looks like vascularity dissappeared and was replaced with connective tissue. Probably the same thing happened with my muscles and brain, hence problems with aerobic performance and memory.

Terry's nails are commonly found in:
- liver cirrhosis
- diabetes
- thyroid problems
- renal failure
- malnutrition
- congestive heart failure

- My liver is in an excellent state (low bilirubin, high albumin, excellent protrombin time)
- my blood sugar is always perfect
- no thyroid issuses at all, warm hands and feets, no constipations, blood tests OK
- kidneys are OK
- I've gained 15 kg (mostly muscle mass) after a few months of bodybuilding, so seems there's no malnutrition issue
- heart scans didn't show anything, and my resting heart rate can go down to 40 (it's normal for runners)

I'm lost. I have no idea what caused this issue. It MUST be something that can be detected in the normal blood test, or any other examination - these diseases should have common factor.

Anyone have any idea what caused them? Or any other insight?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English, it's obviously not my 1st language :)

Edited by tomakin, 11 April 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Is this a problem with aerobic fitness/oxygen utilization? You can only run quickly for 20 seconds, and you can only run a long time if you go very slow. And yet, you have a very low resting heart rate. A lot of people here have found that their aerobic fitness improves (sometimes dramatically, in the case of people with certain diseases) when they used c60-olive oil. This isn't just olive oil; it's a fairly remarkable new drug. You can get it here, if you're interested.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 tomakin

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for your reply.

There is a problem with the new drugs, especially OTC ones - sometimes they can have very nasty side effects. I know, I have two choices - either use this olive oil or don't use it at all. Both decision lead to some consequences - there's fair chance I will live longer and get less diseases with it, but there's also chance my son will have 4 hands and 2 heads. For some new drugs I'm going to take the risk - right now I'm on vitamin K2, for example, but this c60 thing is really new and untested in the long trials.

I'll look closer at this thing, but in my opinion such new, revolutionary drugs should be the very last chance. It would be much better (and safer) to find the cause of low vascularity - and counteract with specific protocol.

//edit

this fullerene c60 can be found naturally in shilajit supplement, doesn't?

//edit2

One more thing, it's important to find cause of such problem - for example, it might be heavy metal poisoning, or subclinical thyroid underactivity due to iodine deficiency. C60 fullerene can enchance mitochondrial function (or whatever it does) and remove most of the symptoms, yet said heavy metals or iodine deficiency will continue to influence my everydays life. I've already tried heavy metal chelation and iodine supplementation, it's just an example.

Edited by tomakin, 11 April 2013 - 10:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users