Photo
- - - - -

New to Nootropics

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 charisma

• 49 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:56 AM

Hello, I'm new to the idea of Nootropics and after browsing the forum I'm on information overload. Can someone give me some advice as to what I should look for? I'm a computer technician and would like something to sharpen my mind, maybe give me some more energy, focus and creativity.

Also anything that might possibly enhance dreaming. I know that may sound odd, but I haven't remembered a dream except rarely in years.

Thanks so much for your help
Charisma

#2 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:36 AM

Hi Charisma

While the process of finding the right nootropic (or nootropics) for you can take alittle time, knowing the effects you are going for is helpful.

Imminst member Rasputin had the same problem with dreams for him I recommended Aniracetam 750-1,500 mg which made a big difference.

For the other effects you are going for Idebenone 150-300 mg may enlighten you.

Yours In Health

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 charisma

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:56 PM

Thanks so much Life Mirage.

With the Aniracetam does it make a difference whether you get the capsules or the powder?

And what time of day should I take the Aniracetam and Idebenone?

I'm sure I'd take the Idebenone early in the day but I'm not sure if I should take the Aniracetam early or late.

One last question, is Unique Nutrition a good place to order from? I was looking at them and Bulk Nutrition.

Thanks again,
Charisma

#4 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:37 PM

With the Aniracetam does it make a difference whether you get the capsules or the powder?

As long as you have a good scale and know the powder is good quality, no.

And what time of day should I take the Aniracetam and Idebenone?

Idebenone 150-300 mg and 750 mg of aniracetam in the morning and another 750 mg an hour before going to bed.

One last question, is Unique Nutrition a good place to order from? I was looking at them and Bulk Nutrition.

Both are fine companies.

#5 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:25 AM

Re: dreams

I have read....it was ages ago and don't even remember where that not enough vitamin B6 can result in not remembering dreams....

Charisma, are you taking any B vitamins? (if you're going to add something I'd take a B-50 rather then just taking B-6).

#6 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:16 PM

I tried the aniracetam before sleep yesterday ( one hour before going to bed ) I got a really interesting dream, can't remember them quite good because i woke up because of the intensity a few times. I'm always afraid to start thinking about it when i wake up in the middle of the night, because as an ex-insomniac, i'm always afraid to get "that" feeling. Going to try the same tonight and write things down when waking up.

Nice tip, the aniracetam before sleep. I never touched the aniracetam or piracetam because i thought they would stimulate me too much to sleep .

#7 erics99

• 23 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:23 PM

What benefits are gained when taking nootropics, such as aniracetam before bedtime? Does it increase memory retention? If so, is it wise to take a choline source before bed? I thought I read somewhere before that choline should not be used before bed. Also, would taking Bacopa, Vinpocetine, and Huperzine A before bedtime be beneficial? Thanks.

#8 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:30 PM

If you have things to do the next day, stay awake from -racetam before bed.

Subjectively, I can testify to the dream-enhancing properties. The only problem is, it seemed like I was dreaming all night long, and I didn't really get any deep delta wave sleep. So I woke up still kinda tired.

#9 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:42 PM

If you have things to do the next day, stay awake from -racetam before bed.

Subjectively, I can testify to the dream-enhancing properties.  The only problem is, it seemed like I was dreaming all night long, and I didn't really get any deep delta wave sleep.  So I woke up still kinda tired.

I too get this effect from the racatems. If I take p'tem and a'tem before bed I can wake up feeling pretty tired. Fun sleep, though.

#10 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:12 PM

I find whey protein supplementation and picamilon have the best correlative effects on dream detail and retention. 1-2 servings of whey and as little as 140mg picamilon divided into 2 doses with one each before breakfast and lunch.
Don't ask me why, but that's what I've experienced. I also take aniracetam and alphaGPC so those contribute and I will attest that my dreams were much more clear and lucid for a week or so after starting the aniracetam.
[The 140mg picamilon figure comes from a mix I did of L-carnosine, nettle leaf, and picamilon in three capsules a day(just happened that way). L-Carnosine(350mg),Picamilon(70mg), and Nettle Leaf(200something...don't have it nearby). soooo....maybe it's the carnosine and not the picamilon....but I kind of doubt it....anyone?]

Edited by liplex, 09 May 2005 - 11:03 PM.

#11 charisma

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:27 AM

I got a bottle of B-150 today so I'll let you know how that works out, thanks for the tip. I had some vitamin B in my multivitamin but I'll see how this goes on top of it. Seems like it may be a lot of vitamin B but I don't see much in the way of negative reactions to too much of it, except for possibly B-6.

Thanks for all the responses. I was really excited to read them. It seems like I go to bed and as soon as I fall asleep I wake up and go to work. Kind of a bummer.

Oh, one other question... I was thinking about getting the trial of Aniracetam from Unique Nutrition just to see how it works for me. Would I get the full effect of that if I take it by itself? I'm taking the choline that's in my multivitamin and my B-complex vitamin as well.

http://www.uniquenut...sp?idProduct=30

Thanks again
Charisma

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:05 AM

I got a bottle of B-150 today so I'll let you know how that works out, thanks for the tip. I had some vitamin B in my multivitamin but I'll see how this goes on top of it. Seems like it may be a lot of vitamin B but I don't see much in the way of negative reactions to too much of it, except for possibly B-6.

Thanks for all the responses. I was really excited to read them. It seems like I go to bed and as soon as I fall asleep I wake up and go to work. Kind of a bummer.

Oh, one other question... I was thinking about getting the trial of Aniracetam from Unique Nutrition just to see how it works for me. Would I get the full effect of that if I take it by itself? I'm taking the choline that's in my multivitamin and my B-complex vitamin as well.

http://www.uniquenut...sp?idProduct=30

Thanks again
Charisma

I would consider adding some, as most B-Complex's & Multi's do not have alot of choline.

Yours In Health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users