• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

UNI would like to sponsor the nootropic forums

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: UNI would like to be an Imminst sponser of the Nootropic Forums & give free products monthly & discounts to Full members. Do you support this? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

UNI would like to be an Imminst sponser of the Nootropic Forums & give free products monthly & discounts to Full members. Do you support this?

1. YES (13 votes [81.25%])

Percentage of vote: 81.25%

2. NO (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:10 AM

We would like to support Imminst and its members, but Bruce and its leader have some concerns. We have been in business for a very long time and have had probably 2 or 3 people complain of website and/or shipping delays in the past 3 YEARS. If you are interested please reply your opinions to Bruce Klein and make it happen. Even Relentness Improvement who carries such brands as AOR, LEF, GeroNova, and Jarrow carries our top quality brand.

Thank you

Sincerely Steve Sliwa
President

Unique Nutrition

Edited by uniquenutrition, 05 August 2005 - 05:02 AM.

#2 uniquenutrition

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:55 AM

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sincerely Steve Sliwa
President
Unique Nutrition
www.uniquenutrition.net

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 vastman

• 155 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:38 AM

Steve...you haven't provided much detail on what the concerns are, but as a close follower of all th HEALTH threads for the past half year I note some pretty feisty/inflamitory discussions between you and 1fast recently. Haven't searched all your comments but it seems to me that as a thread sponsor one has to have an extreemly high level of humility and professionalism to avoid an obvious potential for conflict of interest.

I've been very impressed by the way AOR Support handled the supplements forum sponsorship befor Pete took over. The focus was always on the science and issues of quality/purity were handled tactifully, not in an inflamitory fashion (at least not by AOR Support). Relentless is also navigating this sticky issue of how to be a sponsor without trying to coopt the forum/slam others fairly well. The recent posts which I noticed you were reviewing an hour ago on oxiracitam are probably what leadership is concerned about...

This isn't to say I would object to sponsorship, and given the huge drain on my bank account for my "augmentation" budget, would obviously love to get some discounts/freebees for being a full member. It would be a great thing to encourage more financial support for this great group. However, what do you mean, exactly?

I ask this because I sent you an email awhile ago, in line with a similar comment you had made about giving a special price to full imninst members in another thread and I listed a number of things I would like to acquire lots of...asking for that "special price" Maybe you got busy or the email got garbled or something but I never learned what kind of deal you'd be able to offer...

Steve, you may be a great person, with a lot to offer this forum. You could be both of these and still be too self-righteous (ala adam???) or lack the tack and dipomatic skills necessary for this position.... I don't know. All I know is what I've read in the threads... Please don't take what I've said personally; I meant no harm or insult at all. I don't know you and indeed hope to develope a relationship as I refine the nootropic side of my program but at this point I can understand a bit why leadership may be a bit hesitant.

#4 vastman

• 155 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:53 AM

Steve,
I would humbly suggest you retitle your query to something like: "UniqueNuitrition would like to sponsor the nootropic forum. What do you think?" A more explicit title along these lines lets the reader know what the thread is all about. Actually, I wish a lot of people would be more descriptive of their threads....

#5 uniquenutrition

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:05 AM

thanks for your comments vastman, I really don't know what issues they have they really did not say.

but i will be keep my comments regarding only my company in the future.

Sincerely Steve Sliwa
President
Unique Nutrition
www.uniquenutrition.net

Edited by uniquenutrition, 14 August 2005 - 10:09 PM.

#6 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:25 AM

I smell a conflict of interests brewing.

#7 vastman

• 155 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:26 AM

Well, Steve I do look foreward to working with you as I'm pretty solid on most of my supps/nootropics and wish to stock up on powders for the long run. Will email you again with new quantities, once I decide which powders I can stomach mixing in with my evening and morning blueberry/protein smooties... hey, thats a marketable name... isn't it? "Smart Smoothies!" I can't imagine capping stuff up (my 20 hour days are too full already). I'll take some time over the weekend and email you a new list and await your response. Cheers.

Regarding commenting on other companies, I think it is ok when discussing different formulation strategies and defending your rationals, which I think AOR Support did very well. I learned things from them. The other end of the spectrum, which seems to be more polarized in the nootropic field, is purity and I sense that everyone is a bit raw with all the heated discussions over the past year with nootropic and the like... Yes, they are important but getting into pissing contests just doesn't do anyone much good. I've done this myself on a couple occasions but in retrospect, regretted it and know I could have defended my position better without slammin someone else. For example, if you have a purity of 98.3 on product X, state it... but you don't have to drag others into it.... let your products speak for themselves. Make sense? Of course, it's easy to say and hard to do as the ego is a vicious little beast that loves to get loose from time to time. Geeeze.... I'm rambling.... sorry

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:50 AM

I think one sponsor for the health forums is enough....especially since they carry your products.

but i will be keep my comments regarding only my company in the future.

Those smart drugs must be working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users