- - - - -

Rapid graying - help

graying

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Suddenly I have been graying very rapidly. I know nothing officially exists for the problem, but does anybody here even have any ideas?

I'm not one of those people who look good gray - just look 10 years older - and I have developed a violent allergy to hair/beard dyes.

#2 Godot

• 198 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Copper deficiency?

#3 scottknl

• 421 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

In younger folks rapidly graying hair is often due to dietary deficiencies. Copper/Zinc are things that one might focus on. Excessive sexual behavior for males can cause zinc deficiency too.

I had this rapid graying and balding about 4 or 5 years ago due to a diet heavy in carbs and deficient in zinc. I added lots of healthy foods and balanced my omega fatty acids and started taking he shou wu (fo-ti) 15 g per day. Later I added 5 g per day of huang qi (astragalus). My hair deterioration stopped and came back a little, but not as good as it was when I was 5 years younger.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 GiGiQue138

• 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

I had always read about zinc being linked to gray hair. However, Dr. Oz (perhaps not the most reliable source) had a doctor on sometime last year who stated that taking Chlorophyll (sp) supplementation is supposed to decrease gray hair, also. I have taken chlorophyll supplementation for years, and am just this past year getting gray. I'm a 52 year-old female. All my relatives were gray in their late 30's and early 40's--but one grandmother only developed a "grey streak" in her hair in her early 60's. (I don't have that streak) I have not been able to find any medical studies as proof of any effect that Chlorophyll may or may not have.

#5 nowayout

• Topic Starter
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Excessive sexual behavior for males can cause zinc deficiency too.

I wish I had that problem. :)

#6 hyper_ventriloquism

• 60 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

I had always read about zinc being linked to gray hair. However, Dr. Oz (perhaps not the most reliable source) had a doctor on sometime last year who stated that taking Chlorophyll (sp) supplementation is supposed to decrease gray hair, also. I have taken chlorophyll supplementation for years, and am just this past year getting gray. I'm a 52 year-old female. All my relatives were gray in their late 30's and early 40's--but one grandmother only developed a "grey streak" in her hair in her early 60's. (I don't have that streak) I have not been able to find any medical studies as proof of any effect that Chlorophyll may or may not have.

Chlorophyll is high in copper. It's likely the copper that corrects (or over-corrects) a deficiency.

#7 Jembe

• 92 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

I have a friend who has quite a number of grey hairs at age 27. Still overwhelmingly brown but there's a number of visible grey ones on his head. He pretty much doesn't cook and frequently has yoghurt and oats for dinner, and takeout at work.

Edited by Jembe, 09 June 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#8 Oki

• 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

http://www.worldheal...t-gray-hair-an/

#9 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

This is a subject that has been discussed here 100s of times before.
Perhaps these Longecity site search links will give you some ideas:
https://www.google.c...ey hair greying

Increasing Catalase to neutralise H2O2 is probably your best bet. Cocoa, resveratrol, vit E (all 8 forms) etc.
As telomerase is active in stem cells, germ cells and hair follicles; looking at a telomerase activation stack, starting with Epitalon may be a good idea.

C60oo is extremely good at neutralising ROS and seems to synergise with telomerase activators.

Use the site search demonstrated in the link to find out more from posts here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users