* * * * * 29 votes

Lostfalco's Extensive Nootropic Experiments [Curated]

nootropic

• Please log in to reply
4019 replies to this topic

#3181 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

Has anyone here successfully ordered from mimaki family and is located in europe?

I'm asking because I was planning to order Ibudilast from them as well, but then I remembered a post on a certain subreddit, in which the author claimed that an "inside source" told him that mimaki family is red-flagged at all european customs, making it impossible to claim the package without legal consequences.

EDIT: Found it - he sounds a little confused and/or english is probably not his first language. So not a very trustworthy source of information at first glance...

Yet I've only been able to find reports of successfull orders from people in the US, which worries me a bit. (I'm located in Germany)

https://www.reddit.c..._family_orders/

Edited by chris106, 05 May 2016 - 02:43 PM.

#3182 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

I don't know about the reddit poster, but I find it very unlikely that the german customs would let Ibudilast through if they open the package, because it would considered an unregistered pharmaceutical, which is not permissible. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3183 dwaaam

• 30 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:54 PM

Has anyone here successfully ordered from mimaki family and is located in europe?

I'm asking because I was planning to order Ibudilast from them as well, but then I remembered a post on a certain subreddit, in which the author claimed that an "inside source" told him that mimaki family is red-flagged at all european customs, making it impossible to claim the package without legal consequences.

EDIT: Found it - he sounds a little confused and/or english is probably not his first language. So not a very trustworthy source of information at first glance...

Yet I've only been able to find reports of successfull orders from people in the US, which worries me a bit. (I'm located in Germany)

https://www.reddit.c..._family_orders/

Received my package yesterday from Mimaki and I am located in Sweden. There was no problem for me atleast.

• Informative x 4

#3184 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:39 AM

Sorry about the lack of responses. It's finals time!

Will be done on Wed and then I'll be back in the loop.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's ibudilast experiences. 

Talk to you soon, 

LF

#3185 MindExplorer

• 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:42 AM

Lostfalco, this is kind of random, but I just wanted to let you know that contrary to what your site says on the intranasal insulin page, those glass spray bottles from Amazon did come with that "Snoot!" label for me. :-D

#3186 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

"patients receiving galantamine worsened significantly compared with the donepezil-treated group on the IADL scale" according to albedo here.

Granted, these were established AD cases as opposed to cognitively normal individuals, but it's hardly a ringing endorsement of galantamine as a nootropic. Perhaps there's some sort of bivalent effect here, but all else being equal, I'd rather use a compound which helped both groups. Oh well, next idea...

#3187 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:36 PM

"patients receiving galantamine worsened significantly compared with the donepezil-treated group on the IADL scale" according to albedo here.

Granted, these were established AD cases as opposed to cognitively normal individuals, but it's hardly a ringing endorsement of galantamine as a nootropic. Perhaps there's some sort of bivalent effect here, but all else being equal, I'd rather use a compound which helped both groups. Oh well, next idea...

Sigh. I'm sorry I don't have time to properly respond but please reread the study and think through the type of study, what is being measured, how it's being measured, in whom it's being measured, how the data relates to the conclusions, how this particular study compares to all other studies on galantamine/donepezil/rivastigamine, the overall data on the substances, the limitations of the study, etc. 

Then, ask yourself what I recommended galantamine for (the mechanism of action, the particular behavioral target, etc.) and the limitations I explained as well (it's certainly not going to work for everyone! Nothing is). 

With that said, there's def no reason to experiment with something that you're not interested in trying but I'd encourage you to think through how you came to your conclusions. If you conclude that it's not for you, no worries. 

I actually do agree with albedo that Alzheimer's patients seem to be in need of more holistic approaches. 

Edited by lostfalco, 06 May 2016 - 04:51 PM.

#3188 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:51 PM

about ibudilast, checking its pharmodynamics i still cannot see it as being noticable in any positive or even negative effect. it might work for asthma as its indication is, but not sure anyone will experience anything else from that one. we shall see anyway as few people have brought it now and surprise surprise me please

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#3189 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:14 PM

about ibudilast, checking its pharmodynamics i still cannot see it as being noticable in any positive or even negative effect. it might work for asthma as its indication is, but not sure anyone will experience anything else from that one. we shall see anyway as few people have brought it now and surprise surprise me please

It's used for stroke, to reduce brain inflammation, to increase cerebral blood flow, etc...so, worth a shot imo if someone has brain fog and nothing has seemed to work. The PDE4B inhibition is especially interesting.  

Here are a few abstracts. =)

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/26499171

Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2015 Dec;25(12):2404-15. doi: 10.1016/j.euroneuro.2015.09.021. Epub 2015 Oct 21.

Cortical neuroinflammation contributes to long-term cognitive dysfunctions following adolescent delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol treatment in female rats.

Abstract

Over 180 million people consume cannabis globally. Cannabis use peaks during adolescence with a trend for continued consumption by adults. Notably, several studies have shown that long-term and heavy cannabis use during adolescence can impair brain maturation and predispose to neurodevelopmental disorders, although the neurobiological mechanisms underlying this association remain largely unknown. In this study, we evaluated whether, in female rats, chronic administration of increasing doses of the psychotropic plant-derived cannabis constituent, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), during adolescence (PND 35-45) could affect microglia function in the long-term. Furthermore, we explored a possible contribution of microglia to the development of THC-induced alterations in mood and cognition in adult female rats. Present data indicate that adolescent THC administration induces a persistent neuroinflammatory state specifically localized within the adult prefrontal cortex (PFC), characterized by increased expression of the pro-inflammatory markers, TNF-α, iNOS and COX-2, and reduction of the anti-inflammatory cytokine, IL-10. This neuroinflammatory phenotype is associated with down-regulation of CB1 receptor on neuronal cells and up-regulation of CB2 on microglia cells, conversely. Interestingly, blocking microglia activation with ibudilast during THC treatment significantly attenuates short-term memory impairments in adulthood, simultaneously preventing the increases in TNF-α, iNOS, COX-2 levels as well as the up-regulation of CB2 receptors on microglia cells. In contrast, THC-induced depressive-like behaviors were unaffected by ibudilast treatment. Our findings demonstrate that adolescent THC administration is associated with persistent neuroinflammation within the PFC and provide evidence for a causal association between microglial activation and the development long-term cognitive deficits induced by adolescent THC treatment.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22137656

Brain Res. 2012 Jan 11;1431:97-106. doi: 10.1016/j.brainres.2011.11.007. Epub 2011 Nov 9.

Ibudilast, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor with anti-inflammatory activity, protects against ischemic brain injury in rats.

Abstract

Ibudilast, a non-selective phosphodiesterase inhibitor, is clinically used in patients with stroke or dizziness. However, whether the compound exerts a beneficial effect on acute ischemic stroke remains to be established. We used a rat model of transient focal cerebral ischemia using middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) and reperfusion, and explored the effects of ibudilast on infarction size, brain edema, atrophy, and nerve cell death. Neurological outcomes (behavior and mortality) of rats were also assessed. An intravenous administration of ibudilast attenuated the size of cerebral infarction in a dose-dependent manner, with the most significant reduction achieved at the dose of 10mg/kg. Ibudilast induced a significant reduction in infarct size when administered 30min before MCAO or 0-2h after reperfusion, with the largest reduction observed at 30min before MCAO and 1h after reperfusion. Ibudilast significantly attenuated brain edema formation, cerebral atrophy and apoptosis of nerve cells preferentially in the cortical penumbra area, and also significantly reduced mortality and improved neurological outcomes. Expression of various inflammatory mediator molecules in both hemispheres was markedly suppressed by ibudilast. We conclude that ibudilast exerts beneficial effects against acute brain ischemia in an animal model.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/18677969

Arzneimittelforschung. 2008;58(6):277-82. doi: 10.1055/s-0031-1296507.

Effect of ibudilast on non-specific symptoms in patients with chronic cerebral ischemia. Analysis of cerebral blood flow.
Abstract
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: 

Many patients with chronic cerebrovascular disease complain that dizziness and depression negatively affect their daily lives. In these patients, ibudilast (CAS 50847-11-5) reportedly ameliorated dizziness. The efficacy of ibudilast was investigated and its effect on the cerebral blood flow (CBF) was recorded.

METHODS: 

The study population consisted of 11 patients (male and female) with chronic cerebrovascular disease complaining of dizziness or depression. They received 30 mg of ibudilast orally per day. The grade of vertigo and depression at entry into this study and 2 and 6 months after the start of therapy was recorded. Their depressive state was scored with the Japan Stroke Scale-Depression Scale (JSS-D) and their cerebral blood flow(CBF) was measured before and approximately 3 months after the start of ibudilast therapy.

RESULTS: 

At 6 months after the start of ibudilast therapy, all patients reported the resolution of dizziness; of the 6 patients with depression at entry, all experienced significant improvement. At 3 months, the CBF was significantly increased in the right frontal (p = 0.019) and occipital cortex (p = 0.004) with no significant changes in the cerebellar folia, subcortical gray matter (striatum and thalamus), and other cerebral cortices in the right cerebralhemisphere. There were no significant CBF changes in any areas of the left cerebral hemisphere.

CONCLUSION: 

In patients treated with ibudilast, the amelioration of dizziness and depression was accompanied by a CBF increase in the right frontal and occipital cortices. These findings suggest that the right frontal and occipital cortices may be related to their dizziness and depression.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21036126

Eur J Pharmacol. 2011 Jan 15;650(2-3):605-11. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2010.10.033. Epub 2010 Oct 29.

Ibudilast, a mixed PDE3/4 inhibitor, causes a selective and nitric oxide/cGMP-independent relaxation of the intracranial vertebrobasilar artery.
Abstract

Ibudilast, a mixed phosphodiesterase (PDE) 3/4 inhibitor, is a cerebral vasodilator widely used in Japan for treating post-stroke dizziness. However, little studies have been conducted on the vasorelaxant effects of PDE inhibitors in the vertebrobasilar artery associated with dizziness onset. The in vitro vasorelaxant properties of ibudilast were, therefore, investigated by comparing with known selective PDE inhibitors, using vertebrobasilar arteries. Vasorelaxant activities of PDE3, PDE4, PDE5 inhibitors, and ibudilast were assessed in 5-hydroxytryptamine precontracted ring preparations from rabbit intracranial and extracranial vertebrobasilar arteries. Ibudilast more selectively relaxed the intracranial than extracranial artery. Similarly, selective PDE3 and PDE4 inhibitors showed higher selectivity for intracranial arteries. Furthermore, like selective PDE4 inhibitor, the vasorelaxation by ibudilastaccompanied by increase in cAMP levels was inhibited by the adenylyl cyclase inhibitor SQ22536 in intracranial arteries. Next, it was examined whether nitric oxide (NO)/cGMP signaling is involved in this vasorelaxation in intracranial arteries. The suppression of NO/cGMP signaling by an NO synthase inhibitor or a guanylyl cyclase inhibitor potentiated the vasorelaxion by a PDE3 inhibitor and reduced that by a PDE4 inhibitor, while either suppression of the signaling had little influence on that by ibudilast. These results suggest that ibudilast has the high vasoselectivity for intracranial artery based on a mixed PDE3 and PDE4-inhibition, and effectively relaxes intracranial arteries independently of NO/cGMP signaling because of its vasorelaxation compensated by either PDE3- or PDE4-inhibition depending on the state of NO/cGMP signaling change.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16313925

Life Sci. 2006 May 1;78(23):2663-8. Epub 2005 Nov 28.

Preferential inhibition of human phosphodiesterase 4 by ibudilast.
Abstract

Ibudilast ophthalmic solution exhibited an improved clinical efficacy over cromoglycate in the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis. To further characterize its principal mode of action, the phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitory profile of ibudilast has been examined using human recombinant enzymes. Ibudilast, but not the other commonly used anti-allergic ophthalmic solutions including cromoglycate, ketotifen, tranilast and levocabastine, potently inhibits purified human PDE4A, 4B, 4C and 4D with IC50 values at 54, 65, 239 and 166 nM, respectively. Ibudilast effectively blocks lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced tumor necrosis factor (TNFalpha, IC50 = 6.2 microM) and N-formyl-Met-Leu-Phe (fMLP)-induced leukotriene (LT) B4 biosynthesis (IC50 = 2.5 microM) in human whole blood, which are 3 and 6-fold more potent than cilomilast, respectively. The attenuated inflammatory and allergic responses from the potent and preferential PDE4 inhibition of ibudilast may have contributed significantly to its beneficial pharmacological responses and distinguishes ibudilast from the other ophthalmic solutions in the treatment of ocular allergy.

Edited by lostfalco, 06 May 2016 - 02:21 PM.

#3190 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:50 PM

Lostfalco, this is kind of random, but I just wanted to let you know that contrary to what your site says on the intranasal insulin page, those glass spray bottles from Amazon did come with that "Snoot!" label for me. :-D

haha What!? I've ordered numerous times from them (the two pack and the six pack) and they have all been label free.

Has anyone else ordered the spray bottles?

I'll change it if everyone is getting labels now. I last ordered about a month ago. Those labels look damn ugly in the pics. ha

Received my package yesterday from Mimaki and I am located in Sweden. There was no problem for me atleast.

Thanks for the info dwaaam. Glad it made it. =)

#3191 MindExplorer

• 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

resveratrol_guy, if I'm reading that abstract right, I don't see what the problem with galantamine is. All participants had AD, which is a progressive condition, and if I'm reading it right, they all were given one of the three treatments. There's no control group. Thus there's no evidence to suggest the AChEIs made that speed of deterioration faster than it would have been in a control group. Implicating those particular drugs in the cognitive decline is as arbitrary as implicating water or sleep or playing bingo or anything else they partook in. Alzheimer's Disease is the only factor in play that we have evidence for being the cause of that decline. I read the results as suggesting that AChEIs do slow down the rate of cognitive decline in AD patients and that galantamine was the lowest performer of the three. All this is to say that that study at worst shouldn't change our harm assessment of using galantamine as a nootropic and at best might be suggesting that the nootropic also confers long-term benefits in slowing cognitive decline. None of this is to say that we should view galantamine or AChEIs as benign, just that this study doesn't appear to be demonstrating *anything* negative about galantamine.

Edited by MindExplorer, 06 May 2016 - 06:53 PM.

#3192 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

Which of the Ibudilast products did you guys buy? Pinatos or Ketas seem to have the same amount of active ingredient but the one is more than twice as expensive...

#3193 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:08 PM

Sigh. I'm sorry I don't have time to properly respond but please reread the study and think through the type of study, what is being measured, how it's being measured, in whom it's being measured, how the data relates to the conclusions, how this particular study compares to all other studies on galantamine/donepezil/rivastigamine, the overall data on the substances, the limitations of the study, etc. 

Then, ask yourself what I recommended galantamine for (the mechanism of action, the particular behavioral target, etc.) and the limitations I explained as well (it's certainly not going to work for everyone! Nothing is). 

With that said, there's def no reason to experiment with something that you're not interested in trying but I'd encourage you to think through how you came to your conclusions. If you conclude that it's not for you, no worries. 

I actually do agree with albedo that Alzheimer's patients seem to be in need of more holistic approaches. 

Plenty of us, myself included, would be interested in trying something that would likely maintain cognitive function with an acceptable level of risk.

My point, which I didn't explain very well, was just that I have no idea how to clinically ascertain whether or not galantamine would be beneficial. Unless the study is flawed, which I don't think you're saying, it appears that galantamine is bivalent: it's helpful in cognitively normal(ish) people, but at some point, perhaps triggered by entry into a particular Braak stage, it actually accelerates decline. This has been seen before in some very promising Alzheimer's drug candidates, often without so much as a theoretical explanation. Now, if I could look at anything short of a PET scan and conclude that galantamine is likely to help person A but not person B, that would be useful to know. Of course there's no silver bullet, but if we look at other neuroprotective supplements, such as liposomal curcumin or coconut oil, they're essentially monovalent in the sense that they're biased toward being helpful under most all cognitive conditions.

Again, my problem isn't with the science; there are plenty of studies in support of galantamine, which you've made amply clear. It's a question of how to predict with reasonable probability whether it will help or harm in any given case. If this can't be done at all, then on account of its longterm effects, the outcome might not be clear until it's too late.

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 06 May 2016 - 10:09 PM.

#3194 MindExplorer

• 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:49 PM

it appears that galantamine is bivalent: ... at some point ... it actually accelerates decline.

Assuming you don't have access to more than the publicly available abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20088621), where are you getting that conclusion from? As I said above, the study appears to be showing that galantamine slows the rate of cognitive decline less than those other two AChEIs, not that it increases it relative to a control group of untreated patients.

#3195 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:29 PM

...it appears that galantamine is bivalent: it's helpful in cognitively normal(ish) people, but at some point, perhaps triggered by entry into a particular Braak stage, it actually accelerates decline.

Sorry man, this is not what the study is saying at all. I've attached a free full text of the study below.

Check out MindExplorer's comments and then reread the study. 

http://www.longecity...107#entry773345

http://www.longecity...107#entry773380

Sorry to be a little terse...I'm a bit short on time. Nothing personal! =)

Assuming you don't have access to more than the publicly available abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20088621), where are you getting that conclusion from? As I said above, the study appears to be showing that galantamine slows the rate of cognitive decline less than those other two AChEIs, not that it increases it relative to a control group of untreated patients.

Thank you sir!

Attached Files

Edited by lostfalco, 07 May 2016 - 12:10 AM.

#3196 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:36 PM

Which of the Ibudilast products did you guys buy? Pinatos or Ketas seem to have the same amount of active ingredient but the one is more than twice as expensive...

Buy Pinatos. It's the generic whereas Ketas is the expensive name brand stuff. 

http://ocean.kisti.r...0_v40n2_117.pdf

"Bioequivalence of Pinatos Capsule 10 mg to Ketas Capsule 10 mg (Ibudilast 10 mg)"

Edited by lostfalco, 06 May 2016 - 11:40 PM.

#3197 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:29 AM

...it appears that galantamine is bivalent: it's helpful in cognitively normal(ish) people, but at some point, perhaps triggered by entry into a particular Braak stage, it actually accelerates decline.

Sorry man, this is not what the study is saying at all. I've attached a free full text of the study below.

Check out MindExplorer's comments and then reread the study. 

http://www.longecity...107#entry773345

http://www.longecity...107#entry773380

Sorry to be a little terse...I'm a bit short on time. Nothing personal! =)

Thank you sir!

Thanks, both of you. It's completely clear now. For some reason, I frankly just misinterpreted the analysis.

#3198 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:44 AM

Thanks, both of you. It's completely clear now. For some reason, I frankly just misinterpreted the analysis.

No worries! It happens to all of us from time to time. 

#3199 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:40 AM

lostfalco, so all those articles you posted about ibudilast being promising is always in cases of specific conditions like "chronic cerebral ischemia" and similarities so how can you say if a young healthy person coming on this forum is going to benefit from such a drug? you state if their "brain fog" hasnt been fixed before this might help but thats quite the oversimplification of how "brain fog" works. it could be related to hundreds of things and i cannot see how this drug will work for healthy young people sorry what am i missing here....

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#3200 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

lostfalco, so all those articles you posted about ibudilast being promising is always in cases of specific conditions like "chronic cerebral ischemia" and similarities so how can you say if a young healthy person coming on this forum is going to benefit from such a drug? you state if their "brain fog" hasnt been fixed before this might help but thats quite the oversimplification of how "brain fog" works. it could be related to hundreds of things and i cannot see how this drug will work for healthy young people sorry what am i missing here....

My goal with the blog post is to help people dealing with brain fog by targeting one of the major causes. I stated that quite clearly. Here's a direct quote, "Although there are MANY possible causes (which I will discuss in detail in future posts), the number one culprit is most likely..." http://www.lostfalco...n-fog-two-step/

Edited by lostfalco, 07 May 2016 - 01:19 PM.

#3201 Groundhog Day

• 94 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:32 PM

Regarding the amber bottles for insulin......yes, I ordered the same bottles for $7.95 and they have the ugly labels on them.

My Ibudilast took 2 weeks just to ship, and it will probably be another week or so until I get it.

I started I-Insulin last Monday. Here is my anecdote ( I take in early morning, 7-8am, no food)

I've had insulin resistance in my liver for a while, and I have good reason to believe in my brain now so I want to restore insulin signaling.

Day 1: half spray. Noted better mood about an hour after taking it. Had more energy than usual in afternoon and evening, didn't sleep great. Fasted 20 hours from previous day, only had 1 meal.... very unusual for me, but good.

Day 2: full spray. Noted better mood, improved verbal articulation in morning.

Day 3: full spray. Got very tired after protein-centric first meal, but no matter how tired I get after lunch, I find it impossible to nap, this day was unusual in that I took a nap for the first time in probably 5 years. It was 90 minutes or so too. At night I had a wet dream, first in 6-7 years. My libido has been dead for a while.

Day 4: full spray: Nothing of note

Day 5: decided to exercise first, then take insulin, then eat first meal to see if I could get longer gap between meals, less desire to eat, which is always accompanied by brain fog. Seemed to work somewhat, didn't get as much fatigue, brain fog in afternoon shortly after lunch.

Day 6:full spray this morning.

So far so good, I also started the Longvida curcumin on Day 2 so that might play a part in some of this. I've taken curcumin for years but not the Longvida version.

Edited by Groundhog Day, 07 May 2016 - 03:40 PM.

• like x 1

#3202 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:41 AM

Just a FYI. Guanfacine is available for purchase here: http://irc.bio/product/guanfacine/

A COA is also available on that website and I've spoken with the owner.

Cheers.

#3203 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:07 AM

The six bottles I bought under prime shipment have no label on them.  :) Intranasal insulin produces greater clarity than n-semax for me; in fact, It produces clarity with good mood. One thing bad about using insulin that way is that it smells very bad. It is a kind of smell that can be noticed miles away. I am not sure if it is just Novolin R. Maybe I should try humulin R some day. 

Intranasal insulin is on the list of microglia inhibitors, does that mean it can be used to replace Ibudilast? Actually, I am a bit confused about the list of cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway inhibitors and microglia inhibitors; galantamine is on both list, huperzine A + memantine, and memantine by itself (?) :unsure:

• like x 1

#3204 thedarkbobo

• 153 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:51 PM

I want this.

Maybe one could build his own? Wondering if applying that every day could improve health/life span and to what degree.

Did you try LLLT on other parts of your body? Do you think this can significantly improve health? I plan to start with head but...who knows :)

It's like again with most meds. Your knee hurts? Get LLLT.

I would rather do LLLT to have healthier knee in the first place. And if you can do it with your knee and head, maybe (with adjusted light range?) you can apply to other parts...heart..

Edited by thedarkbobo, 09 May 2016 - 04:25 PM.

#3205 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:25 PM

Just ordered more Galantamine.  While I didn't notice much on it's own, I do believe it is synergistic with Modafinil.  I'm really looking forward to a Nootropic company stepping up with some Ibudilast powder!

Lostfalco, do you has any recommendations for Ibudilast replacements to stack with galantamine?

Finally, not just Walmart, but Walgreen's sells older versions of Insulin over the counter.  Not that's it's hard to find a Walmart...lol...

#3206 MindExplorer

• 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

Finally, not just Walmart, but Walgreen's sells older versions of Insulin over the counter.

Have you looked at their pricing? My understanding is that human insulin is OTC and available at normal pharmacies but under the very expensive brand name Humulin. The reason lostfalco suggested Walmart is that they have a generic (called Novolin) for over $100 less per vial.

Not that's it's hard to find a Walmart...lol...

That entirely depends on where you live. For me, there are at least four Walgreens right nearby, but Walmart is a two hour round trip with public transportation.

#3207 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:06 AM

I didn't check the price, but I will the next time I'm in.  If Walmart sells Novolin R for $25 and a quick check of the internet shows Walgreens sells it for $62.93.

#3208 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

I didn't check the price, but I will the next time I'm in.  If Walmart sells Novolin R for $25 and a quick check of the internet shows Walgreens sells it for $62.93.

Yep, I recommended WalMart for the price. It's certainly not the only place that sells OTC insulin but it was the cheapest I could find. 

#3209 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

Have you looked at their pricing? My understanding is that human insulin is OTC and available at normal pharmacies but under the very expensive brand name Humulin. The reason lostfalco suggested Walmart is that they have a generic (called Novolin) for over $100 less per vial.

Exactly. I bought Humulin once from Walgreens and it was well over $100. Novolin is $24.88 at WalMart and has been used in the literature. Just trying to save people a little money. If you're a Walgreens member it looks like you can get Novolin for $64. Otherwise it's $100+. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3260944/

"A nurse unaffiliated with the trial used a table of random numbers to randomly assign participants to receive a daily dosage of 20 IU of insulin (ie, 36 participants received 10 IU of insulin twice a day), 40 IU of insulin (ie, 38 participants received 20 IU of insulin twice a day), or placebo (ie, 30 participants received saline twice a day) for 4 months. Participants were stratified by whether or not they were carriers of the APOE ε4 allele. Saline or insulin (Novolin R; Novo Nordisk, Princeton, New Jersey) was administered after breakfast and dinner with a ViaNase nasal drug delivery device (Kurve Technology, Bothell, Washington) designed to deliver drugs to the olfactory region to maximize transport to the central nervous system. This device released a metered dose of insulin into a chamber covering the participant’s nose, which was then inhaled by breathing regularly for 2 minutes until the prescribed dose was delivered."

Edited by lostfalco, 12 May 2016 - 01:38 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3210 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:20 AM

Just ordered more Galantamine.  While I didn't notice much on it's own, I do believe it is synergistic with Modafinil.  I'm really looking forward to a Nootropic company stepping up with some Ibudilast powder!

Lostfalco, do you has any recommendations for Ibudilast replacements to stack with galantamine?

Finally, not just Walmart, but Walgreen's sells older versions of Insulin over the counter.  Not that's it's hard to find a Walmart...lol...

Agreed! Legit ibudilast powder would be pretty damn cool. 

Intranasal insulin has been shown to inhibit microglial activation in rodents and is a pretty good option. 

Luteolin is a PDE4i and might fit the bill in liposomal form. 

Both products are linked at the bottom of the two step post. http://www.lostfalco...n-fog-two-step/

Edited by lostfalco, 13 May 2016 - 02:20 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Topic Led By