* * * * * 29 votes

Lostfalco's Extensive Nootropic Experiments [Curated]

nootropic

• Please log in to reply
4019 replies to this topic

#3271 raimis100

• 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:27 PM

Do you still experience good mood boost from MK-677 & I-insulin?

Or is it something that was good at first, but effects faded?

• like x 1

#3272 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:10 PM

Still good. =)

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3273 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:45 AM

Hey fellow lost falco threaders- has anybody experienced any difficulty with powder city? Its been like 3 weeks of chasing them for my order and they will just not take my money.. Its getting quite frustrating!

If anybody else knows any other cheap(relatively) sources of pregnenolone or Mag Threonate ?

#3274 middpanther88

• 185 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:53 AM

Magt Amazon

#3275 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:54 AM

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't ship to my country

#3276 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:00 PM

Powder City is usually very fast but I don't think they HAVE Mag T in stock and don't think they will be getting it soon.

#3277 Irishdude

• 102 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:30 PM

I recently emailed Powder City asking about that, their response:

Thanks for your inquiry! At this time we do not have an estimated restock date as we are trying to resource this product. We did retain a sample from the patent holder of this product, however, it did not pass our testing standards. For that reason, we've had some issues restocking this product, but have continued to work towards do so. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this matter. If you run into any additional questions please let us know!

(R) - 1 day ago

#3278 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:30 AM

Nootropics Depot has palmitoylethanolamide powder now! Very cool. 

http://nootropicsdep...ide-pea-powder/

Read about it here (esp. about mast cells...link to PEA study is at the bottom of the post). http://www.lostfalco...n-fog-two-step/

Btw, I'm currently working on a massive blog post (it really should be a book) for a new protocol called "The Genesis Protocol" (I've never denied my love of silly names!). It enhances neurogenesis, synaptogenesis, mitochondrial biogenesis, ribosomal biogenesis, myelinogenesis, neuritogenesis, angiogenesis, spinogenesis, etc...hence the 'genesis' part. I've already mentioned a number of these elements in a previous post...it's pretty much Happy Cil-TULIP on steroids. http://www.longecity...110#entry775931

The synergy is absolutely incredible. I'm really excited to explain how it all works to you guys. Stay tuned!

Edited by lostfalco, 08 June 2016 - 02:50 AM.

• like x 5
  • Cheerful x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#3279 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

Can't wait!

#3280 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:47 PM

Just wanted to add that it appears your blog is gaining some followers/copy cats.  Check out this article touting Ibudilast--

http://www.metabolic...matory-disease/

Good news is, it shouldn't be long before a Nootropics Company starts selling Ibudilast powder domestically!

• Good Point x 2
  • like x 1

#3281 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:18 PM

Just wanted to add that it appears your blog is gaining some followers/copy cats.  Check out this article touting Ibudilast--

http://www.metabolic...matory-disease/

Good news is, it shouldn't be long before a Nootropics Company starts selling Ibudilast powder domestically!

Not quite sure if its a copy cat, as if you read the article you'll note the person brings up a article he previously wrote on Ibudilast a year ago!... (didn't mean to discredit your post)

All in all your right ibudilast powder should be coming soon :D

I wonder the best way to determine market interest in chemicals.. :)

considering were already talking about Mag L-theronate anybody know if the effects of Mag l-theronate on the body would be able to replicate/replace existing magnesium supplements in terms of DNA repairing, and all the 'physical' aspects people generally take mag for? - slightly vague question but im wondering if id be able to swap out my normal mag supplement for it .. or if im best off using something like Mag Tech via natural stack.

#3282 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:10 AM

If anybody else knows any other cheap(relatively) sources of pregnenolone or Mag Threonate ?

Swanson carries both.
  • Agree x 1

#3283 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:09 AM

I did note the date of the original post but I'm guessing, the follow up article has something to do with Lostfalco's blog and renewed "chatter."  

I'd also bet that Lostfalco was unaware of the initial post, but he'd have to weight in on that.   It's really immaterial, and a good thing for all of us.  Seems like ibudilast has real potential, and that Lostfalco deserves credit for being an early populariser.

It also makes  me even more excited to try intranasal insulin, which I will be starting this week.

#3284 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:08 AM

Swanson carries both.

Thanks mate!

And oh okay sorry junk master, wasn't tryna be rude!

-

Hey falco' you've certainly taken your fair share of interesting chemicals these days, What do you say is your 80/20 of getting results ( where as 20% of your activities or drugs are giving you 80% of the reward) so far? Excluding LLLT of course :D
 I know this is a stocktake type interview question, but I would be really... interested :D

• like x 1

#3285 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:29 PM

No worries, Bluecheer!

I hope I didn't come off the wrong way because I certainly didn't think you were being rude.

I miss Australia!  Had the chance to go about 20 years ago, loved it, and never made it back.  Amazing how fast life flies by. :sad:

#3286 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:27 PM

Still good. =)

Do you take them everyday? How often is the break?

#3287 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:59 AM

Holy crap! Check out this thing. 

BrainTHOR_3.jpg

http://www.brainthor.com

• like x 3
  • unsure x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#3288 Paul Smith

• 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:36 PM

Hi lostfalco,

Hope things are good with you.

I have you to thank for promoting this LLLT technology which lead me to get my Vielight 810 which has definitely helped me beyond quantification.

Now I look to build my arsenal. I am currently interested in the Lourdes Hydrogen Water machine so thought who better to ask than someone who has it.

So have you noticed any effects from it as I believe they say it takes about 3 months before they start to show.

What is your opinion on the Lourdes Machine and Hydrogen water generally?

Thanks,

Paul

#3289 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:42 AM

BrainTHOR_3.jpg

HOLD ON  NOW, this is still in "concept stage" according to Marc Granic <mark.granic@thorlaser.com> , but maybe, just maybe, if a number of Longecity forum members or LOSTFALCO fans were to write, call or shout, they may get incentivated to move this out of "concept" to "sales" stage. I am still waiting on a pricing of their currently available medical services equipment. This concept was exactly what I have been dreaming about and asking Chine suppliers for quotes on the LED's of lower 608nm range.

Edited by LongLife, 13 June 2016 - 12:43 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#3290 Jochen

• 157 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:18 AM

Hold your horses, some of us are also working on an LLLT "helmet". Feel free to send your requirements to me :-).

Also feel free to contact Thor and ask how much it costs :D

that said the more alternatives the better. Vielight also has something for pure DMN http://vielight.com/...nfrared-helmet/

#3291 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:40 AM

What's up my friends?

A number of you have asked me about LLLT dosing with the LEDs. I've found through personal experimentation that 1 to 2 minutes per spot on my whole brain works really well for me. 

However, I thought I'd write up a little post describing how to mimic the dosing used in the two human Naeser studies with the 96 LED array. Check it out and let me know what you think! http://www.lostfalco...therapy-dosing/

• like x 1

#3292 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

I'll talk more about this in future blog posts...but there are numerous ways to use LLLT to enhance cognition that don't necessarily require lasering the brain. 

Here's a cool possibility!

Lasering bone marrow enhances, "the capacity of MSCs (mesenchymal stem cellsto infiltrate the brain, clear β-amyloid, and improve cognition."

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/27294393

Photomed Laser Surg. 2016 Jun 13. [Epub ahead of print]

Low-Level Laser Therapy to the Bone Marrow Ameliorates Neurodegenerative Disease Progression in a Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease: A Minireview.

Abstract
OBJECTIVE: 

This communication reviews the ability of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) to stimulate mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) in autologous bone marrow (BM) to enhance the capacity of MSCs to infiltrate the brain, clear β-amyloid, and improve cognition.

BACKGROUND: 

We recently reported that LLLT applied to the BM enhanced the proliferation of MSCs and their mobilization toward the ischemic heart region, suggesting a possible application of this approach in regenerative medicine and neurodegenerative diseases. It was also shown that circulating monocytes can infiltrate the brain and reduce brain amyloid load in an Alzheimer's disease (AD) mouse model.

METHODS AND RESULTS: 

MSCs from wild-type mice stimulated with LLLT demonstrated an increased ability to maturate toward a monocyte lineage and to increase phagocytosis of soluble Aβ in vitro. Furthermore, weekly LLLT for 2 months to the BM, starting at 4 months of age (progressive stage of the disease in these 5XFAD transgenic male mice), improved memory and spatial learning, compared to a sham-treated AD mouse model. Histology revealed a significant reduction in Aβ brain burden in the laser-treated mice compared to the nonlaser-treated ones.

CONCLUSIONS: 

The application of LLLT to the BM is suggested as a therapeutic approach in progressive stages of AD, and its potential role in mediating MSC therapy in brain amyloidogenic disease is implied.

Edited by lostfalco, 14 June 2016 - 01:36 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#3293 Lsdium

• 54 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:20 PM

i%20am%20so%20excited%20pic.jpg

• Cheerful x 1

#3294 macropsia

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

Two things of some possible pertinence:

I've been enjoying non-brain sites for LLLT to good effect. I've been using it alongside brain LLLT, but making sure my total time of exposure is not greater than it would be by my brain LLLT dosage alone? As the mechanism is hormetic I'm wary of overdoing it, but it would also make sense that if different mitochondria are being exposed at different sites, there's no problematic amount of stress being put on the body that would sacrifice hormesis. Does this make sense, or may there be some more global effects on the body such that we wouldn't want to double up even on non-overlapping/unrelated sites? 

Obviously some of the effect is on blood cells, so there is some overlap. At the right dosage the two feel at least similar, but I'm not probably going to do the math to figure out relative blood/tissue exposure at different sites.

Intranasal BPC-157 is effective and combines beautifully with I-insulin; antidepressant-feeling.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Informative x 1

#3295 Bluecheer

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:15 AM

Screen-Shot-2016-06-13-at-10.55.35-AM.pn

I Do not understand the second column of areas? MFG areas DLPFC etc, Shed some light please ? :D  - 
Also to verify you go Sole of foot but alternate it each day you are lasering?

Also I thought it was 9 spots originally, In your post you list 11? 

You also list 353 seconds per spot... 
"Use the 96 LED array for 353 seconds per spot on 11 different spots per day on three days per week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday."

Sorry if its super obvious and I just don't get it,
."In order to match the dose from the Naeser studies we would want to use the 96 LED array for around 353 seconds or 5.89 minutes (353 seconds divided by 60 seconds per minute) per spot."

so the 11 spots listed in the above table for 353 seconds continuously per spot?

Also would you add time in relation to the longer your hair is?

- I do appreciate the post! I enjoyed it (: 
I may make up a little picture guide and see if its the same area that you are using your LLLT on (:

#3296 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:32 PM

I Do not understand the second column of areas? MFG areas DLPFC etc, Shed some light please ? :D  - 
Also to verify you go Sole of foot but alternate it each day you are lasering?

Also I thought it was 9 spots originally, In your post you list 11? 

You also list 353 seconds per spot... 
"Use the 96 LED array for 353 seconds per spot on 11 different spots per day on three days per week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday."

Sorry if its super obvious and I just don't get it,
."In order to match the dose from the Naeser studies we would want to use the 96 LED array for around 353 seconds or 5.89 minutes (353 seconds divided by 60 seconds per minute) per spot."

so the 11 spots listed in the above table for 353 seconds continuously per spot?

Also would you add time in relation to the longer your hair is?

- I do appreciate the post! I enjoyed it (: 
I may make up a little picture guide and see if its the same area that you are using your LLLT on (:

Hey Bluecheer, 

The purpose of the post was to show how to more precisely imitate the dosing used in the Naeser studies. I do something different personally. I mainly do 1 to 2 minutes per spot on my whole brain. 

I push the LEDs past my hair and pretty hard into my skin. Hair length shouldn't really matter that much. 

Yep, 353 seconds continuously per spot would closely match the Joules used in the Naeser studies. 

Glad you liked it! =)

#3297 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:38 PM

Two things of some possible pertinence:

I've been enjoying non-brain sites for LLLT to good effect. I've been using it alongside brain LLLT, but making sure my total time of exposure is not greater than it would be by my brain LLLT dosage alone? As the mechanism is hormetic I'm wary of overdoing it, but it would also make sense that if different mitochondria are being exposed at different sites, there's no problematic amount of stress being put on the body that would sacrifice hormesis. Does this make sense, or may there be some more global effects on the body such that we wouldn't want to double up even on non-overlapping/unrelated sites? 

Obviously some of the effect is on blood cells, so there is some overlap. At the right dosage the two feel at least similar, but I'm not probably going to do the math to figure out relative blood/tissue exposure at different sites.

Intranasal BPC-157 is effective and combines beautifully with I-insulin; antidepressant-feeling.

Awesome, macropsia! Glad it's working for you. 

Very interesting on BPC-157. I've never tried it. Gonna have to look into it. 

You shouldn't have to worry about doubling up too much with LLLT. Your method sounds good to me. 

i%20am%20so%20excited%20pic.jpg

haha Thanks!

Hold your horses, some of us are also working on an LLLT "helmet". Feel free to send your requirements to me :-).

Also feel free to contact Thor and ask how much it costs :D

that said the more alternatives the better. Vielight also has something for pure DMN http://vielight.com/...nfrared-helmet/

Looking forward to your helmet, Jochen!

Thor's prices are always astronomical. I have no doubt you can beat them. 

#3298 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:40 PM

BrainTHOR_3.jpg

HOLD ON  NOW, this is still in "concept stage" according to Marc Granic <mark.granic@thorlaser.com> , but maybe, just maybe, if a number of Longecity forum members or LOSTFALCO fans were to write, call or shout, they may get incentivated to move this out of "concept" to "sales" stage. I am still waiting on a pricing of their currently available medical services equipment. This concept was exactly what I have been dreaming about and asking Chine suppliers for quotes on the LED's of lower 608nm range.

Yeah, Thor is always very expensive and is aimed more at doctor's offices than individuals. Very high quality though. 

Have you been able to find affordable 830nm LEDs? I haven't checked in a while. 

#3299 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

Hi lostfalco,

Hope things are good with you.

I have you to thank for promoting this LLLT technology which lead me to get my Vielight 810 which has definitely helped me beyond quantification.

Now I look to build my arsenal. I am currently interested in the Lourdes Hydrogen Water machine so thought who better to ask than someone who has it.

So have you noticed any effects from it as I believe they say it takes about 3 months before they start to show.

What is your opinion on the Lourdes Machine and Hydrogen water generally?

Thanks,

Paul

Hey Paul, cool that LLLT is working so well for you! I kinda like it myself. 

I would tentatively recommend holding off on the Lourdes machine and trying something like Glen's (streamlover) method.

I finally got around to testing my water and it is .8ppm. I'm gonna test it a few more times just to be sure but that is where it stands right now.

Glen's is closer to 2 or 3ppm per his tests. 

I'm gonna have to look into his methods in more detail before I would fully recommend them and I plan to soon.

H2 is certainly worth pursuing imo. 

Here's his much more affordable method. 

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3300 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:54 PM

Still good. =)

Do you take them everyday? How often is the break?

I took a break from every supplement/device a few months ago. 

I gradually started adding stuff back one at a time so now I'm taking both again. 

MK-677 has been tested in humans for 2 years straight with no major issues. 

I-insulin has been tested for 4 months straight in humans with no significant health issues. 

Those are my basic guidelines for continuous dosing. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By