• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Propecia side effects - Brain fog, depression , mental problems(Please help)

brain fog propecia mental problems anhedonia depression

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 mulgezen

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

My recommendation
Take low dose deprenyl (like 2.5mg) 3 times a week or every other day.
Some l-tyrosine (500mg to 1000mg) in the morning on an empty stomach (dopamine as well as thyroid hormones precursor)
Mucuna pruriens extract on demand (like 1 or 2 pills of NOW mucuna extract before going out socializing or having sex), NOT every day (you want to avoid dopamine receptors downregulation, plus this can make you feel somehow hypomanic but in a reasonable way, not to be abused)
I guarantee this will help some although it will not cure you. Btw have you checked your prolactin levels?
Also you should definitely consider the uridine-dha-choline stack, as it could help return your dopaminergic system to homeostasis
Definitely look into pregnenolone supplementation (allopregnanolone precusor and mother of pretty much every neurotransmitters)

If you want to boost T reduction to DHT consider creatine supplementation (it does seem to do this, plus is good for many other things)
If your E2 levels are highish, consider calcium-d-glucarate (you may want to supplement a little DHEA along with it - no more than 50mg- as calcium-D-glucarate enhances clearance of this hormone as well as estrogens). Aromatase inhibitors are very tricky to use.
Some nettle root extract to lower SHBG and augment free T.

Also consider fo-ti/he shou wu (prepared root, the raw version will give you diarrhea) for libido enhancement.

Thanks for the advice,
I'm currently using pregnenolone supplementation everyday but haven't seen a major boost yet (been using for the last 2 weeks 100mg a day). My hormone levels are here : http://imageshack.us...30502at447.png/ ( 10.4 prolactin in the range of 4.4-15.2 ng/mL).
What do you think about progesterone supplementation as i heard it's the main hormone for allopregnalone?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#32 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:45 AM

To be honest playing with hormones is very tricky and even the best endocrinologists don't really know exactly what they're doing (it's more of an "art" than a "science" at this point) as so many pathways are to be discovered etc...
The problem is that progesterone is widely recognized as more of a "feminizing" hormone, and finasteride already had a "feminizing" effect on the body by reducing DHT...
Pregnenolone is very safe at reasonable doses, but I'm not surprised that you havent seen anything dramatic from it. BTW some people say that transdermal is the only way to go for preg,

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain fog, propecia, mental problems, anhedonia, depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users