- - - - -

Began with Alpha Brain

alphabrain beginner

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 blueinfinity

• 122 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

Will order the piracetam, aniracetam, CDP choline combo to try, as it seems like a good starting point, is the theanine a synergistic additive or supporting?

#32 SansCrainte

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

I've been trying to read more on Bacopa because I've added it to my current stack and have liked it so far. So I'm going to be bummed if I find negatives in the male area. I'm about 2 and a half weeks in with bacopa and I seem to be remembering numbers better in my sort term memory. When I would look at a number in an email for work I would always have to double check when dialing. Within the last week I've noticed I'll just look at the number and dial it without having to look back... I've also noticed a positive in my evening binaural session. I'll take my last dose of bacopa for the day about a half hour before the headphones go in. I've been able to tune into the frequency more and have had clearer meditation. This effect might not be fully on the bacopa, I might just be getting better at tuning in on my own but for now I'm going to keep the regiment.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#33 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Will order the piracetam, aniracetam, CDP choline combo to try, as it seems like a good starting point, is the theanine a synergistic additive or supporting?

L-Theanine could probably be called a supporting additive in my opinion. I find it helps with intense study stacks, which I suppose is due to its reported calming effects when used with caffeine, which is either supplemented through powder or bp coffee.

#34 Endymion

• 30 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

Joe Rogan, who co-owns Onnit, makers of Alpha Brain, announced that their pilot placebo-controlled double-blind study has shown statistically significant increases in memory and cognitive performance. Apparently they are now moving onto a longer term study.

Who knows which ingredient(s) are responsible though, so maybe it would be best to buy some of the main ones individually (huperzine A, vinpocetine, alpha-GPC). Would make sense financially too.
A racetam is definitely a good idea to stack on top.

#35 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

Endymion: They actually officially researched Alpha Brain? Could you provide a link/PMID? Or even just the podcast in which it was mentioned?
In retrospect, his formula isn't bad, but it could be so much better.
  • like x 1

#36 SansCrainte

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

First report from the switch. I took 2 weeks off of everything except a Multi-vitamin. Then started the Piracetram.

This is what I'm taking:
Morning - 4.9g Piracetram
300mg Alpha -GPC
Lunch - One Cognitive essential pill from Swanson Health
Dinner - 720mg 0mega-3s
Bedtime - One Cognitive essential pill from Swanson Health

It has been just shy of a week now. When I wake up in the morning I feel more alert and not as groggy as normal. The second Day of this stack I put in the longest continual session at work that I have ever done and then went right into studying when I got home. If this keeps up I will definitely be purchasing more of piracetram and alpha GPC.

One thing I have noticed is my nicotine cravings have dropped off considerably. I have been a dipper since high school and used to have one in for extended periods of time. Now I put one in and within 10-15min I'm taking it out and going 3-4hrs in between.

Edited by SansCrainte, 02 October 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#37 Fabiomassimo

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Glad you're having good results, especially with the chew. I initially tried Aniracetam then moved on to Noopept, but I always wonder about piracetam.

I also buy most of my supplements from Swanson because they have the best prices and seem like a reputable company. But if anyone thinks otherwise I'd love to hear why.

Also, if you find that alpha-GPC is too expensive I know a lot of people say lecithin is good alternative (but I doubt the effects are as significant as a-GPC)

#38 brainstorm11

• 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

As someone else in the thread mentioned, I have to give props to Onnit, Aubrey Marcus (CEO) and Alpha Brain for bringing nootropics a bit more into the mainstream. That being said, the dosages are just not enough developed to offer much support (to me anyway). If you see a benefit that outweighs the cost of the drug (monetarily), then go for it. I think the dosages are low because they wanted to pack ingredients into it to make claims. Instead, they should have focused more on dosages with fewer ingredients.

I will say that Shroom Tech makes me feel a bit better, though. Probably the rhodiola, but they're trying to keep it proprietary so no way to know the dosage. Otherwise, I'd save your money and get something you create yourself. Or stick to a singular thing (like racetams)

#39 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Piracetam is definitely worth trying Fabiomassimo, the benefits that it has and how easily it can be added to a stack are why it's always remained a cornerstone in my personal stack.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#40 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 08:35 AM

I'm NO FAN of Alpha Brain, for the reasons articulated here...

1*3IeaJu7z2_2ysDENJTQD4g.gif

Watch: The Truth About Joe Rogan's Alpha Brain... - I discuss COAs, Onnit, Bacopa, Huperzine-A, and how a savvy Biohacker should research and select an effective Nootropic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alphabrain, beginner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users