• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Racetams' stability in water

piracetam racetam oxiracetam pramiracetam choline water stability bottle solution metabolism

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fenra

• 43 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi

I don't really enjoy making\swallowing pills and capsules, so I was thinking of putting some of the stuff that is soluble enough in a bottle of water and take it with me during the day; in particular, we would be talking about Piracetam, Oxiracetam and Pramiracetam.

Would the compounds make it twelve hours in solution, undamaged? I would also add some Choline, which I'm guessing is ok given that when you buy the gel capsules, these are liquid on the inside.

Also, does anyone know if racetams could get in the way when trying to keep your metabolism fast or slow? Thanks.

#2 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

First off Pramiracetam is fat soluble mate, you're gonna have a bad time if you try to get it to dissolve in water.

I've considered doing something similar however not with nootropics but other water soluble drugs however never tried it just because I'm not sure how long the chemicals would be effective afterwords or if they even would be effective. I have poured piracetam into my coffee before and did still notice the effects, but I'm honestly not sure how long afterwords it would be effective. Another thing you should consider is how horrible piracetam tastes, hence why I had to use strong black coffee to mix it into (tried using a few different drinks however the taste of piracetam was too much). If you're going to try this with a choline I would also suggest using CDP Choline since it is water soluble, compared to Alpha-GPC which is lipid soluble.

As to racetams effecting metabolism, I would have to say no. Throughout the time I've been taking nootropics I've never noticed a change in my metabolism.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 fenra

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

First off Pramiracetam is fat soluble mate, you're gonna have a bad time if you try to get it to dissolve in water.

I've considered doing something similar however not with nootropics but other water soluble drugs however never tried it just because I'm not sure how long the chemicals would be effective afterwords or if they even would be effective. I have poured piracetam into my coffee before and did still notice the effects, but I'm honestly not sure how long afterwords it would be effective. Another thing you should consider is how horrible piracetam tastes, hence why I had to use strong black coffee to mix it into (tried using a few different drinks however the taste of piracetam was too much). If you're going to try this with a choline I would also suggest using CDP Choline since it is water soluble, compared to Alpha-GPC which is lipid soluble.

As to racetams effecting metabolism, I would have to say no. Throughout the time I've been taking nootropics I've never noticed a change in my metabolism.

I know, but still it comes in these small crystals which I find don't float and don't stick to the bottle; now if you tried stirring aniracetam into anything but oil, you know how much that stuff hates liquids! And whereas with ani you can just push the pill into it and fill it up, prami is just annoying because any scoop small enough to comfortably fill a normal capsule holds too little prami and it would take like 10 scoopfulls (this is why noopept is not as annoying).

As far as the taste goes, once you add the Choline Bitartarate everything just tastes like lemon. Actually, more like radioactive lemon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, racetam, oxiracetam, pramiracetam, choline, water, stability, bottle, solution, metabolism

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users