- - - - -

Are you present minded?

meditation present

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Anewlife

• 210 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

I remember I used to be present up until I started using drugs and then also developed PTSD traits from a life threatening experience.

Being present means happily observing your surroundings, if you were waiting at a set of lights or in line somewhere or just relaxing.

You could say anxiety is worrying about the future and depression is being stuck on the past (although not entirely true).

You can force yourself to be present minded through meditation, rewiring your brain so you are present minded most the time naturally.

I have been meditating now for 2 months and my sessions get better and better, I just meditated for about 40mins and I have noticed I dont worry so much anymore, I am slowly going back to my old self of being in the present, and I am generally happier.
  • like x 3

#2 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Great to hear it's going well! :)

Even the meditation sessions where you do not reach deep levels of concentration are still very useful for discovering your conditioning and how the mind works if you keep noting your experience during them.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

I cannot say I am present minded, but according to my MBTI personality profile (INTP) I cannot necessarily say to be a bad thing. If you want to be more present minded, you could try binaurals beats soundtracks to augment your meditation or maybe try the really good emwave2 for decreasing anxiety and be more centered.

Edited by Fate, 15 May 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#4 VultureCulture

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

I rarely ever feel present like you describe, except when using certain drugs and having unusually interesting experiences. I think I may give this a shot soon, what type of meditation do you practice?

#5 Anewlife

• Topic Starter
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Mindfulness: Breathing focus and body scanning.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 lazarian

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

Sounds like something that is worth giving a shot! Glad to hear that you're doing so well with it. :)
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: meditation, present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users