• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Adenosine receptor/agonist existing/available ? (for Sleep rel)

adenosine adenosine agonist adenosine receptor agoni sleep adenosine sleep tiredness fatigue adenosine tiredness

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 the_apollo

• 153 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

For a while now i've been taking Inosine for sleep because of it's Adenosine-reuptake inhibitor actions (though i cannot confirm this by source as a can't remember where i read it...),
anyway, it works pretty good except that it's effect on sleep kinda "leaks" to the day efter as i take inosine on the evening, causing me to take caffeine to stay alert..

So thats why i want to figure out another way of affecting the adenosine receptor but without inhibit it's reuptake, just a simple agonist or an receptor agonist,,
but so far the only agonist i found to be existing is Valerian root, and thats an inverse agonist, which have the opposite function to an agonist..

So my question is; Is there existing, an Adenosine agonist that works to increase tiredness/sleeping ?

#2 Galaxyshock

• 1,462 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

Reishi contains adenosine among other compounds and is calming-sedating in higher dosage. Another similar mushroom is Cordyceps that contains cordycepin which is adenosine derivate and acts on some of the same receptors altough differently. It's more stimulating in my experience but good for day-time use. Both are adaptogens, have long traditional use and some medicinal properties.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

Ganoderma Lucidum has traditionally been used as a tranquilizing agent (An-Shen effect) for treatment of restlessness and insomnia.[107] 80mg/kg intra-gastric dosing of Ganoderma polysaccharide for 5 days in rats was able to induce a hypnotic effect, and works synergistically with TNF-α (half the dose of Reishi, plus 12.5mg/kg TNF-α, was as effective as 80mg/kg; a TNF-α antibody abolished the effects of Reishi).[107] There was no effect on day 1 and 2 of supplementation, but total and non-REM sleep as well as TNF-α concentrations in the serum (31%), hypothalamus (37%), and dorsal raphe (31%) from 3 days onwards.[107] Beyond being synergistic with TNF-α, Ganoderma water extract has been demonstrated to enhance barbituate-induced sleep, and increased delta-wave activity by non-barbituate mediated means[108][109] in a dose dependent manner.[54]Ganoderma may, at least in part, be a benzodiazepine receptor agonist.[108]
In regards to general locomotor activity (moving around), moderate doses (80mg/kg) in rats do not inherently reduce spontaneous activity after a single dose but appear to reduce spontaneous activity after 3 days of supplementation.[108]Chronic usage appears to be more effective than acute usage,[110] although injections of Ganoderma (Jisheng injections) can induce reductions quite acutely.[54]
In humans, oral doses of 1.5-9g daily have been reported to have the side-effect of sedation.[44][7] 5,200mg daily Ganoderma Polysaccharide, in a blinded study on neurasthenia (term to describe symptoms of fatigue, anxiety, and depression) noted less irritability and improved abilities to relax and sleep.[45]

Ganoderma Lucidum appears to be a sedative, able to induce relaxation and sleep while reducing spontaneous movement during waking; might be good to pair with other compounds (Valerian or Melatonin?) as it does not inherently increase REM sleep time (instead increasing overall sleep time and reducing sleep latency, the time it takes to fall asleep)

A couple of times I've consumed a heaping teaspoon of Reishi mushroom powder in conjunction with Valerian or California poppy extract but I don't have a problem falling asleep YMMV.
  • like x 2

#4 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

Lik this? http://www.bodybuild...ordygenvo2.html

#5 the_apollo

• Topic Starter
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

Lik this? http://www.bodybuild...ordygenvo2.html

Not from what i can see no,, it's a exercise supplement thats seems to increase Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) function/activity,
but there is a big difference on Adenosine triphosphate and Adenosine, kinda like the difference on fuel and oil in a car.

#6 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

It would be interesting if there is something that could down regulate your adenosine receptors like somthing you take at night that makes you tired and also

reverses your caffeine tolerance.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

Dipyridamole is a adenosine reuptake inhibitor.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adenosine, adenosine agonist, adenosine receptor agoni, sleep, adenosine sleep, tiredness, fatigue, adenosine tiredness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users