Photo
- - - - -

Unifiram thread

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 Perception-Is-Reality

• 63 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

i take the memantine so tolerance won't ever form to the adderall i take (actully its all dextroamphetamine most of the time) and it works completely in that aspect (when you take enough). There are many serious things to be vigilant of when taking high dose memantine with moderate dose adderall but none of them cannot be avoided. memantine besides having its own effects even amplifies the effects of dextroamphetamine (the effects of 20 mg adderall alone are less than the effects of 10 mg adderall and 60 mg memantine taken together even when excluding the effects that are thought to be memantines own effectsl). The effects do most definatly not cancel out, this is because i have been taking memantine for a few months now months (and in higher dosages than everyone else). antogonists are by far undervalued (in my opinion of course) in cognitive enhancement they (in laymens terms)
at first plug up your brains receptors which your brain responds to by creating more of that receptor subtype. This is not always how the brain responds to the effects of an antagonist but it is often the case, as it is with the nmda receptor subtype. when you have taken it for a while you then have more receptors of that subtype because you have so many more when you take an agonist like unifiram i belive this is amplifies the effects of unifiam. This is more of a completly guess theory but i think of it as unirifam opens all green doors (green doors are nmda receptors) taking memantine for a long time makes you have more green doors. having a lot of green doors and taking unirifam causes unirifam to possess greater efficacy in an individual because there are more green doors being opened. The dosages i take of memantine are 60-400 mg in the past 3 months. Its a very peculiar drug with a large range of effects and very narrow windows between them and these windows are ever changing as the brain is adapting and creating more nmda receptors. I plan to soon stabilize at around 200 mg in the morning and around 66.6 mg in the early afternoon. This post was very all over the place, i apologize in advance, i only had a few minuites and i wanted to say as much as posible, ive been very busy recently (due to my own choices, i enjoy what ive been doing :).

#92 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

i take the memantine so tolerance won't ever form to the adderall i take (actully its all dextroamphetamine most of the time) and it works completely in that aspect (when you take enough). There are many serious things to be vigilant of when taking high dose memantine with moderate dose adderall but none of them cannot be avoided. memantine besides having its own effects even amplifies the effects of dextroamphetamine (the effects of 20 mg adderall alone are less than the effects of 10 mg adderall and 60 mg memantine taken together even when excluding the effects that are thought to be memantines own effectsl). The effects do most definatly not cancel out, this is because i have been taking memantine for a few months now months (and in higher dosages than everyone else). antogonists are by far undervalued (in my opinion of course) in cognitive enhancement they (in laymens terms)
at first plug up your brains receptors which your brain responds to by creating more of that receptor subtype. This is not always how the brain responds to the effects of an antagonist but it is often the case, as it is with the nmda receptor subtype. when you have taken it for a while you then have more receptors of that subtype because you have so many more when you take an agonist like unifiram i belive this is amplifies the effects of unifiam. This is more of a completly guess theory but i think of it as unirifam opens all green doors (green doors are nmda receptors) taking memantine for a long time makes you have more green doors. having a lot of green doors and taking unirifam causes unirifam to possess greater efficacy in an individual because there are more green doors being opened. The dosages i take of memantine are 60-400 mg in the past 3 months. Its a very peculiar drug with a large range of effects and very narrow windows between them and these windows are ever changing as the brain is adapting and creating more nmda receptors. I plan to soon stabilize at around 200 mg in the morning and around 66.6 mg in the early afternoon. This post was very all over the place, i apologize in advance, i only had a few minuites and i wanted to say as much as posible, ive been very busy recently (due to my own choices, i enjoy what ive been doing :).

That is a lot of memantine per day! As for its effects of chronic titrated memantine on NMDAR density, this is something I will have to look up. I am not convinced that the density increases as you suggested - I think the opposite is likely to be true.

I hear what you're saying with the generalized idea of the brain compensating in reverse, but I think this is only true with short-term agents, e.g. alcohol. Consider http://www.sciencedi...006899305008802 .

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Perception-Is-Reality

• 63 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

in the normal and sustained 20 mg dosage daily memantine works like this. It plugs up receptors causing an initial decline in memory than the brain responds and builds more receptors which makes a person memory slightly better than it was prior to starting treatment. I find it only logical to assume if you used 10 times the dosage the end effect would happen to a greater degree. The cons of this would be that it would take far longer for the brain to respond and attain the desired effect to be achieved and because the dosage was increased by a factor of 10 the side effects could be horrendous at times.

#94 kevers

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

in the normal and sustained 20 mg dosage daily memantine works like this. It plugs up receptors causing an initial decline in memory than the brain responds and builds more receptors which makes a person memory slightly better than it was prior to starting treatment. I find it only logical to assume if you used 10 times the dosage the end effect would happen to a greater degree. The cons of this would be that it would take far longer for the brain to respond and attain the desired effect to be achieved and because the dosage was increased by a factor of 10 the side effects could be horrendous at times.

Yeah I think your theory is good.

#95 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

About the brain building more receptors, I think we know this for cholinergic receptors, but we could use some Pubmed evidence to corroborate this for NMDA receptors too. I understand that the brain is evidently aiming to achieve homeostasis to some extent, but this can also be attained by lowering both glutamate and NMDARs instead.

It'll be a long wait before nitromemantine is available as a drug :(

Edited by Climactic, 10 September 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#96 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

About the brain building more receptors, I think we know this for cholinergic receptors, but we could use some Pubmed evidence to corroborate this for NMDA receptors too. I understand that the brain is evidently aiming to achieve homeostasis to some extent, but this can also be attained by lowering both glutamate and NMDARs instead.

It'll be a long wait before nitromemantine is available as a drug :(

Take this with the fact that http://en.m.wikipedi...iki/Huperzine_A works by Ach enzyme inhibition and as an NMDA antagonist. Just something I was looking at while still cognizant of the fact that there are numerous types of NMDA receptors.
  • like x 1

#97 robosapiens

• 163 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Started on Unifiram yesterday - so far I like it, it doesnt have a rough edge like Suni and it lasts longer.

I was walking the beach yesterday and though to myself 'this is what my brain used to feel like when I was a kid...

with Fish oil and CPT Cho

Combined with Hydergine - holy cow.
  • like x 1

#98 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

Combining unifiram and sunifiram does have some additive effect, but not as synergistic as I was hoping for. I think it is like increasing the dosage of sunifiram itself with less overstimulated feeling. After several months of sunifiram, I think my overall senses are heightened, and my focus and awareness are more self-controllable - that is, I can shift to different level of focus and awareness on demand with a sense of confidence. I think it is about time for me to change my regular sunifiram or unifiram dosing to an "as needed" basis.

#99 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

Now that more Unifiram suppliers have today been added to the Racetam Prices list and existing suppliers have dropped their prices, I am hoping to hear more experience reports from those who have tried it.

#100 blind12

• 77 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

Both I and a friend experienced strong sedation lasting for days, after 10mg+10mg doses of suni+uni (Newstarnootropics). In my case it was really massive and stimulant-resistant, but I took four 10+10 doses over 3 days, he only took one. An experience very similar to ciprofloxacin, the very thing I'm trying to recover from (with cipro the sedation lasted months and is still around, though). Would anyone care to comment?

I also consumed some fo-ti and occasional 10iu intranasal insulin during this period. The other dude did not.

#101 MasterHerb

• 173 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Anyone still take Unifiram daily with good results?
  • like x 1

#102 nootropicsandsarms

• 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

maybe some vendors sell sunifiram as unifiram,unifiram in a high cost in production compare with other nootropics

#103 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

maybe some vendors sell sunifiram as unifiram,unifiram in a high cost in production compare with other nootropics

...yeah, and some sell nootropics and then 3rd party testing reveals it's baking soda. The list goes on and on when dealing with supplements in general. That's why I only buy from those vendors that are reputable.

#104 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

I have ordered, and received, unifiram from New Star Nootropics. I already had some sunifiram from them, and the taste and effect are qualitatively different. So that's one reputable seller, right there.

Still waiting for my digital scale to arrive in the mail, so I can make a more thorough report.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#105 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

I figured that this post would belong here, I am hoping to generate a bit more interest in this fascinating substance.

I just took my first dose of Unifiram. I am including the following information:

Weight: 215

Dose: 8mg

ROA: Oral

Time of Day: Late Morning

Duration: Should be a half life of 4-6 hours, I will keep you updated on my findings

Other Supplements: Magnesium L-Threonate & Ashwaghanda last night, none currently

I took 8mg orally, and will report back here with my experience/findings. If all goes well, I plan on introducing several parts of my normal stack over a couple days, to see if there are any interactions. Check back for additional edits. Ideally, I will be able to take my entire stack with this substance, as I do not foresee any negative interactions as I do not take any stimulants, including coffee/caffeine, and will be continuing my supplementation of Magnesium L-Threonate throughout the experiment to help mitigate any chances of glutamate excitotoxicity. This will be my first foray into the “iframs”, so I appreciate any advice, concerns or anecdotes in regard to Unifiram.

Note: I chose Unifiram due to its more predictable nature anecdotally than Sunifiram, as they seem to have the same MOA.

Day 1 – :15 - Took Unifiram about 15 minutes ago. Besides a subtle increase in focus that might be placebo, I feel about the same.

1:00 - I am noticing several things. First, my visual acuity is increased, over any other substance that I have tried (piracetam, aniracetam, pramiracetam, noopept). Color saturation and contrast is extremely crisp, and I am noticing far more things like details, texture, etc. This really jumped out during a short walk I took with my wife on a lunch break, where the mountains looked downright phenomenal. I also seem to be in an increasingly introspective/reflective state of mind, very peaceful, but also thinking about interactions with people over the last several days. Those memories are more vivid than they were just a couple hours earlier. The last thing I noticed is that my balance or reaction time seems to be a bit altered, it feels pretty bizarre. It is possible that I am just more distracted than before with several new sensations, but I feel that this would be crippling if I were to play sports on it, where I feel that piracetam gives me an advantage.

2:00 - 2:00 - The effects have seemingly leveled out, or I have become more accustomed to them.  I still feel all of the above, including an increase in focus, but it does not seem as distracting or quasi-inebriating.  Memories and the feelings associated with certain states of mind in those memories are more accessible than before, and I have spent some time going over whatever comes up.  I plan on attempting some vipassana meditation next, to see if these effects carry over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users