- - - - -

Anybody use SP Uridine?

smart powders uridine quality

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyP

• 255 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

Hey I was just trying to see if anybody on here has used the Uridine from Smart Powders? There are 3 reviews on the site and they all state that it is different than they have had before but only one review was negative. I was just looking to see if anybody had an opinion on it or a recommendation of another (other than brewer's yeast). Thanks!

#2 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

I got the SP Uridine powder. Note that its Uridine and not Uridine Monophosphate. According to Wikipedia (not the best source I know..): "Administration of uridine, which is converted to UMP, will bypass the metabolic block and provide the body with a source of pyrimidine".

I take 200mg sublingual and find it to have some of the effects mentioned in the thread but I haven't tried UMP before so I don't know how it compares.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 JohnnyP

• Topic Starter
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

Thank you for the reply, I know its not a hefty price tag but is it a worthy addition? I don't take much more than Piracetam, Aniracetam, Centro and ALCAR really and occassionally CDP Choline.

#4 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

I was surprised as well. It's bitter, and appears far more stimulating than UMP. It kept me awake last night, and made me need to take an urgent shit when I took it this morning, an effect I associate with hard-hitting adrenal activators.

As a stimulant it is pretty effective, though. Clears my head, replenishes my motivation and energy. I just hope it is as sustainable as UMP, and shares the neurotropic properties.

Edited by Raza, 14 August 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#5 mrd1

• 460 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

I take 1000mg of uridine a day. It is very expensive. But, may be useful for increasing K+ evoked dopamine release, as a P2Y2 agonist promoting ngf-neuronal growth in a interesting way, and aiding synaptic function. However due to its expensive price I would say you should probably investigate other supplements before you shell out big bucks for this. However, it is useful due to its more uncommon mechanism of action so I find it goes well with my stack.

#6 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Pure curiosity here, but mrd1, if I may ask, how much is your monthly nootropic budget? From what you are taking it seems astronomical!

#7 ken_shiro

• 127 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hey I was just trying to see if anybody on here has used the Uridine from Smart Powders? There are 3 reviews on the site and they all state that it is different than they have had before but only one review was negative. I was just looking to see if anybody had an opinion on it or a recommendation of another (other than brewer's yeast). Thanks!

can you link this 3 reviews, pls?

#8 JohnnyP

• Topic Starter
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

can you link this 3 reviews, pls?

http://www.smartpowd...ustomer-reviews
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#9 mrd1

• 460 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

my nootropic budget is 7-15 dollars a day.

Edited by mrd1, 02 October 2013 - 07:36 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: smart powders, uridine, quality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users