Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

- - - - -

Chocamine

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

I have 100gr of Chocamine (better said had). I've tried it in sizes from 300mg to 3gr. I never really felt anything of it. I see many people have very noticable effects on it...but not me.
Has anyone else taken chocamine without any effects? What could be so to say "wrong" with me if i don't respond to it?

#2 worldeater

• 72 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:49 AM

I actually just tried chocamine for the first time today, and I did not really notice anything. I tried roughly 500mg. I'll try a gram tomorrow and see how I react.

However, I've noticed that I react very well to AMP (chocamine + geranamine + caffeine). I usually just open up the caps and mix it with some water or whatever I'm drinking. I can really get a ton of stuff done on this, and it puts me in a great mood. It's kind of expensive though. I'm thinking of just buying all the powders and making my own [lol]

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:31 PM

Yes I react very well to chocamine. I take anywhere from 1/2 to a full teaspoon or 500mg-1g. I also react to caffeine as well.

For me chocomine definetly picks me up in the morning on an empty stomach. It seriously gets me buzzing almost instantaneously

#4 worldeater

• 72 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:56 AM

I tried about 1.5g today and basically felt nothing. What brand are you guys using?

#5 purerealm

• 227 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:57 AM

the one on bulknutrition gets pretty good reviews. Worldeater you said yourself that the choc stack works well, perhaps you should try stacking

#6 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:07 PM

1-2g wakes me up very effectively.

But I don't use caffeine other than the amounts found in 4-6 cups white tea.

#7 Guest_da_sense_*

• Topic Starter
  • Lurker

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:57 PM

chocamine has about 10% caffeine

#8 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:48 AM

I tried the bulknutrition chocamine and felt nohting, zero... So, yes, there may be non-responders out there.

BTW, the active compound in AMP is not being disclosed publicly and speculation is rampant. Almost all users are reporting resistance and side effects with consistent use, so best reserved for "ad-hoc" use IMO

#9 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:20 PM

I take about 1 tsp +/- unsweetned cocoa (+ pinch stevia) every day. It does provide some...mild boost, but keep in mind that cocoa and therrefore chocamine has other benefits i.e. similar ones to...think it is green tea.

AMP was designed to bne a pre-workout stim and therefore only suggested use several times/week.

#10 worldeater

• 72 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:17 PM

I tried the bulknutrition chocamine and felt nohting, zero... So, yes, there may be non-responders out there.

I also tried the bulknutrition powder and felt nothing.

BTW, the active compound in AMP is not being disclosed publicly and speculation is rampant. Almost all users are reporting resistance and side effects with consistent use, so best reserved for "ad-hoc" use IMO

What kinds of side effects?

#11 dopamine

• 210 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:06 PM

I felt very strong effects from Chocamine when I first started using it, but the effects drastically decreased over time (with 2-3 days). However, when stacked with HEAT, I always feel energizing effects. This may be because HEAT contains MAO-B inhibiting compounds, and thus makes the phenethylamine in Chocamine more bioavaliable. Addition of DL-Phenylalanine enhances these effects in my experience. Add Modafinil if you can afford it, and it's one of the best combos out there, IMO.

#12 revival

• 9 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:46 PM

Dopamine, sorry for the noob question but my google searches are failing here... what is HEAT? I'm interested in trying your combo, sounds intriguing.

#13 liorrh

• Guest, F@H
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:06 PM

I have good results with chocamine, esp. stacked with dep taken an hour or two earlier.

#14 keeton1

• 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:36 AM

Are you talking 10%(caffeine) as a 3000mg/300mg ratio? It seems very weird that one who likely responds to caffeine, does not respond to Cocoamine at high doses. If I remember right, cocoamine also "contains" other stimulants(one with a longer "life")...so can you guys state that there is an effect of caffeine at a 1/10 ration of the cocoamine? If not, doesn't it possibly sound like a somehow bad "batch?"

#15 jegrx

• 55 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:06 PM

Chocomine does nothing for me either. At least, I don't think it does. It hasn't as of until right now. I just tried 1g chocomine with 2g L-tyrosine and 1g DLPA, and, I actually feel wierd, like what gnp990 attempted to describe.

I've tried 3g chocomine itself with nothing.

#16 canz

• 205 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:26 PM

I am curious about this supplement. I am hypersensitive to caffiene, for example, one cup of coffee has me almost manic and then I crash hard after it wears off. Would chocamine be a good alternative for me? And as someone asked above, whats a good brand, it seems that some are getting "bad batches"? Thanks.

#17 notshorty

• 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:59 PM

However, I've noticed that I react very well to AMP (chocamine + geranamine + caffeine).  I usually just open up the caps and mix it with some water or whatever I'm drinking.  I can really get a ton of stuff done on this, and it puts me in a great mood.  It's kind of expensive though.  I'm thinking of just buying all the powders and making my own  [lol]

I just tried AMP the other day, with very positive results. Any luck with your own home brew? (yes, it is expensive).

For everyone else, I think this one is best taken away from food, and prob with caffeine.

NS

#18 guyledouche

• 130 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:28 AM

taking chocamine makes me slightly tired for a couple hours and clumsy. Plus I find it hard to talk on chocamine so im not social at all. I do however like the relaxing benefit that it gives me. I will only take this when Im alone for now on, never around people. Unless I stack it with caffeine, then I can be social with chocamine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#19 EmbraceUnity

• 1,018 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

Cocoa powder is often hard for me to get the optimal dosage of, since it tastes so strong. The optimal dosage is said to be 3 tablespoons per day. I am eating a few squares a day of 72% cocoa bars which taste pretty good as well as 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa powder mixed with oatmeal. Would chocamine be a suitable substitute for the third tablespoon? Would it taste better?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users