←  Regimens

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Long term use of CDP-Choline?

sonshoku's Photo sonshoku 07 Aug 2013

HI! I am planning to use CDP-Choline together with Inositol for a couple of months. Is it safe/good to use CDP-choline everyday or is it a kind of supplement that should only be taken sometimes? And does inositol build tolerance?

Thanks
Edited by sonshoku, 07 August 2013 - 08:09 AM.

gt35r's Photo gt35r 21 Aug 2013

What are your intention with CDP?

There is no good evidence that CDP long term is safer, good news is there is no real evidence to show thats it bad.

mrd1's Photo mrd1 01 Sep 2013

'In studies where dopamine agonists are used, chronic injections (300mg/kg, but not 100mg/kg) are known to enhance apomorphine induced turning (42%).[79] This may be related to the dopamine transporter being upregulated by subchronic CDP-choline ingestion (cerebellum and frontal cortex)[75] which has been noted to occur in aged rats (11-18% with 100-500mg/kg CDP-Choline oral intake) over 7 months[70] " Examine

I purposely take CDP - Choline long term BECAUSE of the adaptions the brain makes to it.

CDP is just a prodrug of uridine (powerful antioxident) and choline. As long as you stay within the recommended safe choline intake I do not see how this would be harmful. However, I can find it very probable that it would be beneficial by causing a upregulation of dopmaine transporters which are commonly *burned off* aka adapation to things like massive sex drugs and food.

Inositol upregulates the d2 dopamine receptors which is believed to be one of the primary mediators of its effectiveness so I see no reason to believe that you get tolerant to it. If anything it gets more effective the longer you take it. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11267629

As far as side effects as long as you dont go under the maximum recommended intake for choline and inositol I find it highly unlikely anything would happen to you and even doses much higher are probably safe

Virtual Reality's Photo Virtual Reality 14 Sep 2013

'In studies where dopamine agonists are used, chronic injections (300mg/kg, but not 100mg/kg) are known to enhance apomorphine induced turning (42%).[79] This may be related to the dopamine transporter being upregulated by subchronic CDP-choline ingestion (cerebellum and frontal cortex)[75] which has been noted to occur in aged rats (11-18% with 100-500mg/kg CDP-Choline oral intake) over 7 months[70] " Examine

I purposely take CDP - Choline long term BECAUSE of the adaptions the brain makes to it.

CDP is just a prodrug of uridine (powerful antioxident) and choline. As long as you stay within the recommended safe choline intake I do not see how this would be harmful. However, I can find it very probable that it would be beneficial by causing a upregulation of dopmaine transporters which are commonly *burned off* aka adapation to things like massive sex drugs and food.

Inositol upregulates the d2 dopamine receptors which is believed to be one of the primary mediators of its effectiveness so I see no reason to believe that you get tolerant to it. If anything it gets more effective the longer you take it. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11267629

As far as side effects as long as you dont go under the maximum recommended intake for choline and inositol I find it highly unlikely anything would happen to you and even doses much higher are probably safe

Would the results be permanent in the dopamine receptors if you take inositol/and or cdp choline ?