Photo
- - - - -

Urinalysis by Employers & Selegiline...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:49 PM

I haven't been tested by work for more than a year, however when I start my clinicals for Nursing School I will be tested at least initially.
I have been taking 1drop(1-1.5mg)ED Deprenyl for about 3mos now and the test will not be until the fall(Oct).

Will the metabolites of Selegiline be detectable at chronic 1-1.5mg/day dosing? I could of course bring the bottle sans prescription(but who knows how that might play out) or just drop it now and hope any evidence clears my system.

I am familiar with clearance times for Amphetamines, but not sure if all rule apply in the case of Selegiline.
Lifemirage or some of the veterans please chime in ASAP

Also could I still reap the benefits by using Rasagiline? or do it's metabolites resemble Amphetamines as well?

Thanks,
Mike

#2 emerson

• 332 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:21 PM

Assuming Deprenyl is legal where you are, might you be able to sue the school if they try to drop you for taking it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:37 PM

I believe amphetamine clearance is pretty much guaranteed after 3 days at most. I believe you could speed the process by drinking lots of water and/or finding a way to acidify your urine.

#4 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:00 PM

Only positive drug test when taking selegiline could be due to amphetamines. Some part of selegiline is metabolised to l-amphetamine which is not ilegal, some drug test only test for d-amphetamine (illegal) and some do not make difference between the two. Anyway just stop using selegiline few days before test and you'll be fine.

#5 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:18 AM

I haven't been tested by work for more than a year, however when I start my clinicals for Nursing School I will be tested at least initially.
I have been taking 1drop(1-1.5mg)ED Deprenyl for about 3mos now and the test will not be until the fall(Oct).

Will the metabolites of Selegiline be detectable at chronic 1-1.5mg/day dosing? I could of course bring the bottle sans prescription(but who knows how that might play out) or just drop it now and hope any evidence clears my system.

I am familiar with clearance times for Amphetamines, but not sure if all rule apply in the case of Selegiline.
Lifemirage or some of the veterans please chime in ASAP

Also could I still reap the benefits by using Rasagiline? or do it's metabolites resemble Amphetamines as well?

Thanks,

The amount of selegiline to amphetamine is remarkably low, but if the test is accurate enough it may pick it up.

Rasagiline has zero amphetamine compounds and is very safe.

#6 mnosal

• Topic Starter
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:18 PM

Thnak you all for great info.

#7 velocidex

• 75 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:58 AM

Rasagiline is also verrry expensive at the moment.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:01 PM

For most people yes as the only current source for it is a canadian pharmacy. I however get mine direct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users