• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

TULIP Stacking Thread: Laser/LED/Diet/Supplements/Oxygen/EPO, etc.

tulip

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 lostfalco

• 1,686 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Please share effective combos and purchasing tips. =)

#2 Judd Crane

• 30 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

LF: Could you write a little more about your experience with TULIP+artichoke? The artichoke really potentiates Modafinil. I'm going to try Zembrin tomorrow with TULIP (been on your protocol since saturday). In my previous experience Zembrin+Pregnenolone doesn't mix well though.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

LF: Could you write a little more about your experience with TULIP+artichoke? The artichoke really potentiates Modafinil. I'm going to try Zembrin tomorrow with TULIP (been on your protocol since saturday). In my previous experience Zembrin+Pregnenolone doesn't mix well though.

I'll post more later...but subjectively it stacks extremely well with TULIP. Maybe too good. ha The particular boosts seem to center around mood, sociability, and access to stored memories.

I'm working my way through the research right now on exactly why that might be the case...I have some ideas. I'm a little hesitant to recommend it outright because I need to confirm/disconfirm safety a little better.

I've been using 500mg of this...not every day. http://www.amazon.co...w artichoke 500

Edited by lostfalco, 04 September 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#4 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Just to let you know I'd be wary of Zembrin with TULIP. I took it once and had a pretty big headache for most of the day. If you do decide to do it it might be wise to take half or even a quarter of a capsule and go from there.

#5 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

Just to let you know I'd be wary of Zembrin with TULIP. I took it once and had a pretty big headache for most of the day. If you do decide to do it it might be wise to take half or even a quarter of a capsule and go from there.

I am on Zimbrin 8mg 2x daily and orderd the LEDs (96 and 48) plus PPQ last night so (will not be using coQ10) I will report back on there combinative effect on my giant lab rat ;). Did you only try this once with Zimbrin? Zimbrin messes with both Serotonin and PDE4. Its quite likely the change in Serotonin caused by both TULIP and Zembrin my be conflict with one anther similar to CILTEP combined with Aniracetam. Its unlikely to be PED4 seeing that posts indicate that artichoke extracts stacks well with TULIP including yours among mait and Lostfalcos.

Forgive me if it appears that I am jumping into this thread and the other three (I found i difficult enough to fallow just the one lol but this a go none the less) but have been fallowing intently from the beginning. Just did not have the time to get involved into discussion or the funds to invest into the experiment so quite watched from the side lines. But luckily circumstances have changed so my involvement is changing alike.

A few people have ordered an affordable PQQ/CoQ10 combo from ebay. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Hi, I ordered PQQ from eBay and have now trialed it for 2 weeks 3 times a week. For me it seems to have similar effects as the PQQ from LEF - notably insomnia if taken before bed and it has given me some extra clarity of thought as did LEF PQQ. So this offering may be legit.

I have too noticed improved clarity of thought from using pqq/coq10 from ebay and 500mg artichoke from Jarrow so the source is legit. Just waiting on word on the laser so I can complete TULIP. :-D

#6 Judd Crane

• 30 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Thank you for the heads up! Might try it with artichoke instead then. Did you take zembrin with pregnenolone? I felt a bit retarded when I combined them.

#7 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Great idea to seperate the threads LF!

I have a particular question. I have PQQ, Artichoke and Ubiquinol coming my way, and also have some Modalert (Modafinil) and Pregnenolone lying around, which I only occasionaly use.
I'm not gonna use LEDS or a Laser with the Stack for the time being, though - simply because I'm out of money now :)

I'm wondering how a few other supplemets would stack up with TULIP - namely:
Omega 3 (specifically with a high DHA and low EPA content, like 5:1)
EGCG
Creatine Mono Hydrate (to further increase ATP)
D-aspartic acid
SAMe (I might be an undermethylator, if such thing actually exists - will get that tested once I got time/money)

Personally I don't see how any of these might negatively interfere with TULIP, but then again I'm not the most knowledgeable person around here :)

Also, are you still using Pregnenolone and Modafinil as before, Lostfalco? Have you changed doses or frequency? I'm still somewhat hesitant to take Modalert for longer periods of time. I'm especially not keen on it's rising of Histamine...

(Once I get my stack together, I will report back if and how it all works, of course! Especially to see if there's a notable improvement from baseline even without laser/LED but just the supplements)

Edited by chris106, 05 September 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#8 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up Opaque. Have you tried Artichoke with TULIP? I know we've talked about it in the past.

#9 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

I am on Zimbrin 8mg 2x daily and orderd the LEDs (96 and 48) plus PPQ last night so (will not be using coQ10) I will report back on there combinative effect on my giant lab rat ;). Did you only try this once with Zimbrin? Zimbrin messes with both Serotonin and PDE4. Its quite likely the change in Serotonin caused by both TULIP and Zembrin my be conflict with one anther similar to CILTEP combined with Aniracetam. Its unlikely to be PED4 seeing that posts indicate that artichoke extracts stacks well with TULIP including yours among mait and Lostfalcos.

Forgive me if it appears that I am jumping into this thread and the other three (I found i difficult enough to fallow just the one lol but this a go none the less) but have been fallowing intently from the beginning. Just did not have the time to get involved into discussion or the funds to invest into the experiment so quite watched from the side lines. But luckily circumstances have changed so my involvement is changing alike.

A few people have ordered an affordable PQQ/CoQ10 combo from ebay. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Hi, I ordered PQQ from eBay and have now trialed it for 2 weeks 3 times a week. For me it seems to have similar effects as the PQQ from LEF - notably insomnia if taken before bed and it has given me some extra clarity of thought as did LEF PQQ. So this offering may be legit.

I have too noticed improved clarity of thought from using pqq/coq10 from ebay and 500mg artichoke from Jarrow so the source is legit. Just waiting on word on the laser so I can complete TULIP. :-D

Very cool Q! So glad you're trying this. As you know, you're one of the reasons I started posting on Longecity. If this works for you then I will be a very happy person.
  • like x 1

#10 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thank you for the heads up! Might try it with artichoke instead then. Did you take zembrin with pregnenolone? I felt a bit retarded when I combined them.

I've taken pregnenolone, artichoke, and TULIP many times and never had a problem. As I mentioned, the addition of Artichoke feels as though I have simultaneous access to ALL of the memories stored in my brain. I still think keeping the dosage low and cycling is a good idea for now. I hope that further research might indicate that daily use is reasonably safe...but for now I think it's wise to err on the side of caution.

#11 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Great idea to seperate the threads LF!

I have a particular question. I have PQQ, Artichoke and Ubiquinol coming my way, and also have some Modalert (Modafinil) and Pregnenolone lying around, which I only occasionaly use.
I'm not gonna use LEDS or a Laser with the Stack for the time being, though - simply because I'm out of money now :)

I'm wondering how a few other supplemets would stack up with TULIP - namely:
Omega 3 (specifically with a high DHA and low EPA content, like 5:1)
EGCG
Creatine Mono Hydrate (to further increase ATP)
D-aspartic acid
SAMe (I might be an undermethylator, if such thing actually exists - will get that tested once I got time/money)

Personally I don't see how any of these might negatively interfere with TULIP, but then again I'm not the most knowledgeable person around here :)

Also, are you still using Pregnenolone and Modafinil as before, Lostfalco? Have you changed doses or frequency? I'm still somewhat hesitant to take Modalert for longer periods of time. I'm especially not keen on it's rising of Histamine...

(Once I get my stack together, I will report back if and how it all works, of course! Especially to see if there's a notable improvement from baseline even without laser/LED but just the supplements)

Thanks Chris! I hope this division will make things simpler and easier to navigate for the time being.

While we're on the subject...does anyone know any of the moderators on Longecity? It would REALLY help me out to have unlimited editing capabilities so that I could update the first page of each thread consistently with condensed recommendations and warnings based on the latest research. I owe A LOT to the community here and I'd rather keep everything on Longecity for as long as possible...but the limitations are getting a bit hard to work around.

Sorry about that sidenote Chris. ha As far as diet goes...I'm still working through all of these ideas one by one. This stuff is extremely dense and consists of layers of nuance and distinction. I'll get back to you soon.

Yeah, still taking moda and preg.

Sounds great man. Please report back. 20mg PQQ and 300mg CoQ10 seemed to work pretty well on their own. Just a thought...the 48 LED ranges from around $8-$12 and LEDs last a long time (usually). I am quite fond of (proposed) neurogenesis, axonal/dendritic branching, ATP optimization, etc. Of course, I'm a little biased. =)

Edited by lostfalco, 06 September 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#12 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

While we're on the subject...does anyone know any of the moderators on Longecity? It would REALLY help me out to have unlimited editing capabilities so that I could update the first page of each thread consistently with condensed recommendations and warnings based on the latest research. I owe A LOT to the community here and I'd rather keep everything on Longecity for as long as possible...but the limitations are getting a bit hard to work around.

You can moderate your own regimen thread if you're a member; consider joining for the nominal annual fee.
http://www.longecity...regimen-thread/

Or, contact Niner or one of the other mods via PM and possible they can assist.

I enjoy reading your well written posts and appreciate all of your efforts. Thank you.

#13 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for the heads up Opaque. Have you tried Artichoke with TULIP? I know we've talked about it in the past.

I have been using Artichoke extract with TULIP for approximately two weeks - 300mg morning and afternoon - for me they work very well together. The problem I had with CILTEP was the Forskolin, but Artichoke and L-Phenylalanine only gives me positive effects like you said LF sociability, compassion/sympathy, long term memory retrieval. I came across this interesting study that motivated me to include Artichoke Extract in my stack:

Abstract
Antidepressants increase adult hippocampal neurogenesis in animal models, but the underlying molecular mechanisms are unknown. In this study, we used human hippocampal progenitor cells to investigate the molecular pathways involved in the antidepressant-induced modulation of neurogenesis. Because our previous studies have shown that antidepressants regulate glucocorticoid receptor (GR) function, we specifically tested whether the GR may be involved in the effects of these drugs on neurogenesis. We found that treatment (for 3-10 days) with the antidepressant, sertraline, increased neuronal differentiation via a GR-dependent mechanism. Specifically, sertraline increased both immature, doublecortin (Dcx)-positive neuroblasts (+16%) and mature, microtubulin-associated protein-2 (MAP2)-positive neurons (+26%). This effect was abolished by the GR-antagonist, RU486. Interestingly, progenitor cell proliferation, as investigated by 5'-bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) incorporation, was only increased when cells were co-treated with sertraline and the GR-agonist, dexamethasone, (+14%) an effect which was also abolished by RU486. Furthermore, the phosphodiesterase type 4 (PDE4)-inhibitor, rolipram, enhanced the effects of sertraline, whereas the protein kinase A (PKA)-inhibitor, H89, suppressed the effects of sertraline. Indeed, sertraline increased GR transactivation, modified GR phosphorylation and increased expression of the GR-regulated cyclin-dependent kinase-2 (CDK2) inhibitors, p27(Kip1) and p57(Kip2). In conclusion, our data suggest that the antidepressant, sertraline, increases human hippocampal neurogenesis via a GR-dependent mechanism that requires PKA signaling, GR phosphorylation and activation of a specific set of genes. Our data point toward an important role for the GR in the antidepressant-induced modulation of neurogenesis in humans.

So, PDE-4 inhibition (via Artichoke Extract) and GR-agonist / increasing Glucocorticoids (via Pregnenolone, DHEA or Ashwagandha) facilitates neurogenesis mechanisms. Perhaps this is why TULIP w/ Artichoke Extract and Pregnenolone/DHEA works so well.. I also wanted to say, I find that Uridine and Fish oil (EPA/DHA) also has very synergistic properties w/ this stack. Still have to check what mechanisms come into play here.

Edited by 88LS, 07 September 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#14 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I tried it once but I felt a bit fuzzy and had a mild headache. I will probably try it again in the future. How does it compare to TULIP on its own?

Recently I reintroduced TULIP full-force, along with NSI which I'm taking at 40mg twice a day, and have been for about a month now. Synergy is definitely present, but whether that is a direct chemical synergy or is down to the probable growth of my once severely atrophied hippocampus is unknown. I am inclined to think the latter, as it seems upon reflection, if my hippocampus has actually grown, that having an atrophied one acts as a sort of bottleneck of information flow, both going in (encoding) and coming out (retrieval). Since TULIP has quite the effect on memory too, the combo is a great one. So far I have noticed no (manifest) side effects whatsoever.

#15 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Here are some supplement ideas to try out. I can't vouch for all of them but hopefully we can get some feedback and see how everyone responds to these (or others like them). Obviously, the stand out here is the Ebay supplement from Thailand. I have tried it a couple of times and the effects seemed comparable to the LEF versions...but I do worry a little about long term safety here. These concerns may be unfounded though. =)

Huge thanks to Mait and MasterHerb who both reported good results with the ebay supp here.
http://www.longecity...390#entry602801
http://www.longecity...390#entry602950
How have the effects been holding up?

Ebay Supplement
PQQ + CoQ10
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20MG-x-100-CAPSULES-PQQ-10-ADVANCED-MITOCHONDRIAL-NERVE-GROWTH-FACTOR-SUPPORT-/121174310187

SWANSON
PQQ http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-pqq-pyrroloquinoline-quinone-20-mg-30-veg-caps

CoQ10 http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-ubiquinol-pure-natural-100-mg-60-sgels

Shilajit http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-superior-herbs-extra-strength-shilajit-extract-100-mg-30-veg-caps

JARROW
PQQ + CoQ10 http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Ubiquinol-Pyrroloquinoline-Supplement/dp/B00CP8T8FI/

PQQ http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Pyrroloquinoline-Nutritional-Supplements/dp/B00C1E7SHQ/

CoQ10 http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-QH-Absorb-100-Count/dp/B004VCOOUU/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_1

Shilajit http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Shilajit-Nutritional-Supplement/dp/B007LEO626/

Swanson Health Searches
PQQ http://www.swansonvi...ns.com/q?kw=pqq

CoQ10 http://www.swansonvi....com/q?kw=coq10

Shilajit http://www.swansonvi...m/q?kw=shilajit

Longecity discussion of Swanson brand http://www.longecity...on-supplements/

Edited by lostfalco, 13 September 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#16 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

LEF all-in-one (Ubiquinol, Shilajit, PQQ)
http://www.lef.org/V...h&key=ubiquinol

#17 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

LEF all-in-one (Ubiquinol, Shilajit, PQQ)
http://www.lef.org/V...h&key=ubiquinol

Nice find APBT! LEF finally combined them. Very cool. Did that just show up in the past few days? I was on their site less than a week ago.

#18 BigPapaChakra

• 199 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

So, I had a few questions and observations, and hopefully they bring some vitality to this thread because I was really interested in how we can individually alter TULIP for maximum results and minimum effort (unless even more time/effort brings some extraordinary results). I will post the papers in the research thread, but there are a lot of documents/papers/studies from George Cahill and Richard Veech on ketosis, ketoacids, ketoanalogues, etc. and it's really, really exciting to me. Some other things I've been looking into is the Krebs Cycle, oxidative phosphorylation, and the cori cycle - all of these tie directly into TULIP.

Firstly, ketosis, or, ketogenesis (generation of ketones):
I think we can alter dietary and supplementary regiments to enhance TULIP through ketogenesis, but to varying degrees with varying effects. I doubt everyone here will agree that a ketogenic diet is optimal, and some others might think it is. I'm currently of the belief that we need metabolic flexibility in our modern times, and it may beneficial to exercise both beta-oxidation, and glucose metabolism. But, there are a multitude of studies out there showing different results in different conditions from varying amounts of different ketone bodies. Some studies have shown benefits from as little as 0.3-0.5 mM of ketones (I'll check which exact ketone bodies, or if it was total ketones), and this can easily be achieved via and overnight fast, semi-fasted and/or fasted training (3 hours or more on an empty stomach + physical exercise), and coconut oil consumption, let alone highly concentrated MCT Oil consumption or ketone esters or b-hydroxybutyrate salts. There are other studies that show benefits, particularly in the mitochondria, at very high levels such as 5.0mM of ketones. This would be harder to attain without both carb and protein restriction, unless you supplement with ketone esters or salts, but that is currently financially unfathomable (the cost is incredibly high for a small amount that wouldn't even last a month, probably half that time). The reasons I put this chunk of information here, about ketosis, is mainly due to the fact that ketones can have profound effects on mitochondrial bioenergetics, and I will post more about that in the research thread - I'm currently trying to alter my diet, unfortunately without labs and various assays that can guide me better, that will allow me to effectively use both glucose and ketones as fuels for my brain to enhance TULIP. Richard Veech has shown substantial evidence that ketones are 'superfuels' and are most definitely behind the formation of our brain, but glucose can also be a 'superfuel' when it is not abundant (such as in a state of ketosis). There is also the saying, "fat burns in the flame of carbohydrate," so, that resonates with me in that there are benefits to glucose metabolism. So, essentially, both ketone bodies (especially beta-hydroxybutyrate) and *glucose can act as nootropics and enhance mitochondrial bioenergetics.

Krebs Cycle:
Short observations here, I think we should place an emphasis on 'carriers' of energy into the cycle, such as ALCAR, and possibly some underutilized substances that act on various enzymes surrounding the krebs cycle.

Cori Cycle:
Can turn substances into glucose, such as lactate. A nice lil cycle that basically 'recycles' energy, in a sense, for utilization in our cells. I need to do a lot more research into this pathway, but Ben Greenfield uses substances that act upon the Cori cycle that more effectively allow conversion of lactate to glucose during exercise. I think we can use compounds that do this, but for our brains! One such compound is Oxaloacetate - the two most promising sources, in my eyes, are Dave Asprey's Upgraded Oxaloacetate, and Bena-Gene formulated by Terra Biological LLC - it is touted in the Sillicon Valley Health Institute (which Dave, I believe, founded or leads). It essentially creates more NAD+, which is also used by the Sirtuin proteins that are touted for enhancing longevity.

Other substances worth investigating:
(there are many more, but these are some I just recently looked into)
1. Berberine - well studied, seems to have potent effects on AMPK and even long term potentiation; the effects on AMPK should increase mitochondrial density, compounds that activate AMPK are often regarded as 'exercise in a pill', PQQ is one of these (possible synergy in building new and effective mitochondria?); used in conjunction with P-Gp inhibitors, sodium caparate, and Atrogin-1 inhibitors (anyone know of any? I don't even know exactly what Atrogin-1 is, lol), possibly also Capric acid or Chrysin
2. Pterostilbene - have not looked into this, seems to be very similar to Resveratrol, thus affecting Sirtuins which, as I stated earlier, have a relationship with Oxaloacetate and NAD+
3. Resveratrol - again, I don't know much about this compound other than it affects Sirtuins and is touted as enhancing longevity, but some early proponents of this compound now don't use it (Tim Ferriss and to an extent, Dr. Kruse - he chooses 99% chocolate and high resveratrol Malbec's).
4. Rock Lotus, Wild Bitter Melon, Glycostat, or MPX100: These are all touted (and experimentally shown) for benefits on insulin and glucose metabolism, enhanced metabolism, etc. but the one amazing benefit I see is, again, activation of AMPK.
5. D-Ribose and/or Galactose: again, not a lot of knowledge on these, but they seem to be remarkable - Galactose seems to be more effective than D-Ribose, but it also fulfills different roles as well, so maybe they can be used synergistically? Keep in mind, Galactose, as far as I know, is not readily available in the U.S. and costs A LOT for A SMALL amount.

*Glucose as a nootropic: different brain regions use different energy substrates at different times. Pure glucose seems to have nootropic potential, as I learned through the early bulletproof podcasts. I also highlighted this, because, there are pathways in which acetone can actually create (minimal) amounts of glucose. This chalks one up again for further research into ketogenesis (not necessarily ketosis, but creation of ketones through various means), because then you can be running primarily on ketones, create glucose from other ketone bodies, then supplement glucose for pure brain power!

Edited by BigPapaChakra, 29 September 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#19 Nootropic Milk Hotel

• 91 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

I recently got into TULIP (waiting for my laser to arrive in the mail). I ordered the Ebay PQQ+CoQ10 combo, but I realize that PQQ is water soluble while CoQ10 is fat soluble; when should I take this relative to a meal? Does it matter much? I was thinking maybe I could take it a half-hour before or after eating, as opposed to my usual one hour for water-solubles.

#20 Barfly

• 65 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

I am surprised that ginko, especially the patented Egb 761 extract, hasn't been mentioned yet.

In this thread http://www.longecity...proven-to-work/ tons of researched benefits were mentioned that seem to compliment tulip nicely like "Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 protects against mitochondrial aging in the brain and in the liver" , "neuroprotection" , "improver cognition" etc.

Also in "Ginko - Neutral nootropic" thread it was mentioned that ginko improves efficiency of many substances so I was wondering if that would be the case for tulip too?

Plus, its pretty cheap, 150 days for 25 $ on iherb : http://www.iherb.com...50-Tablets/4225

So, any reasons why adding ginko might be a bad idea?

#21 zawy

• 291 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

This is the 3rd or 4th day of using 1512 LED of 660 nm and 850 nm driven at 160 mW each, about 100 mW/cm^2 light output while covering my brain. It might be enabling me to think more during the day. I previously said my sleep was less, but that might have been for only the first day or two. I've had an LED bed in the past and love it. I'm going to make another. I've starting taking CoQ10 again, still taking lecithin and massive green tea and grape seed. I've ordered two months of PQQ. I need to start exercising again. That's supposed to be the real brain helper. What I really need is something to dumb myself down so I can relax and enjoy sex and exercising more. I wish beer didn't make me lazy and fat.

Here's my video again:

• like x 1

#22 BigPapaChakra

• 199 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

I am surprised that ginko, especially the patented Egb 761 extract, hasn't been mentioned yet.

In this thread http://www.longecity...proven-to-work/ tons of researched benefits were mentioned that seem to compliment tulip nicely like "Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 protects against mitochondrial aging in the brain and in the liver" , "neuroprotection" , "improver cognition" etc.

Also in "Ginko - Neutral nootropic" thread it was mentioned that ginko improves efficiency of many substances so I was wondering if that would be the case for tulip too?

Plus, its pretty cheap, 150 days for 25 $ on iherb : http://www.iherb.com...50-Tablets/4225

So, any reasons why adding ginko might be a bad idea?

Hey! I was wondering if you have started using, or have prior experience with Gingko? It's been on my 'watch list' for awhile now. I'll have to check out the thread you cited, because previously I hadn't come across any compelling evidence to take it, although there were little bits and pieces of information that made it something worth looking out for. One thing with herbs is you have to watch out for both individual reactions to them, as well as batch/source inconsistencies. You should also look into the source rather deeply - a lot of companies use very low ratios of herb:extract, meaning, what may make a great product by using a 20:1 ratio (pound of herb:pound of extract), could be diluted with fillers or simply cut down to a smaller ratio, creating something like a 5 or 4:1 ratio, thus, not really powerful. Also, the Gingko linked on iherb has a lot of fillers on top of what may already be an adulterated source - and I've seen evidence that magnesium stearate drastically lowers the absorption of many nutrients. All of that, in addition to possible allergies, intolerances, cross reactions, irradiation, mold/fungus, etc. is what has kept me away from herbs like that. I do think that if a clean source could be found, then there is definitely reason to investigate the benefits of a said herb.

#23 BigPapaChakra

• 199 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

This is the 3rd or 4th day of using 1512 LED of 660 nm and 850 nm driven at 160 mW each, about 100 mW/cm^2 light output while covering my brain. It might be enabling me to think more during the day. I previously said my sleep was less, but that might have been for only the first day or two. I've had an LED bed in the past and love it. I'm going to make another. I've starting taking CoQ10 again, still taking lecithin and massive green tea and grape seed. I've ordered two months of PQQ. I need to start exercising again. That's supposed to be the real brain helper. What I really need is something to dumb myself down so I can relax and enjoy sex and exercising more. I wish beer didn't make me lazy and fat.

Here's my video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-8ToUQEc3E

How are you taking massive amounts of green tea? Via copious consumption of green tea? EGCG supplementation? Edible green tea? I've been thinking about starting up green tea again - it used to be my favorite beverage besides coffee, but now I've been drinking practically only water with occasional coffee and chamomile tea (to try and mitigate HPPD). I was thinking about getting some organic matcha green tea and steeping the bags multiple times, until it gets too weak, and then figuring out how I can use the leftover powder/leaves for edible consumption, so I get all the nutrients.
http://www.eatgreent...a-whole-leaves/
http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B002L6KDQM
Those are some sources of edible green tea - the first one is how I found out about the idea in the first place.

Also, when you say, "What I really need is something to dumb myself down so I can relax and enjoy sex and exercising more," what do you mean by dumbed down? You should use the toolbar to search up "Euon" and read the massive post in this thread on it - I believe a laser, which is more focal, may be capable of targeting individual areas for different effects, thus you may target one for willpower/motivation/reward sensation/etc. or even target areas used during intercourse. For getting in a relaxed mood, or simply just calm and centered, I really can't stop recommending either (1) the BreathSlim or Frolov device, (2) Buteyko Breathing, or (3) simple bag breathing for a few minutes intermittently through the day. Also, if you want to just let loose, why not switch to a different alcohol, or a different (legal) substance altogether (not I'm not advocating drugs!!!)?

#24 zawy

• 291 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

For what's maybe the 4th day, I am totally wired. Yesterday I did the treatment twice, once at a low setting, maybe 30 mW/cm^2 or less for 30 minutes and then 12 hours later at the 8 minutes at 75 mW/cm^2 used the previous 3(?) days. Last night I took a memory test that I have taken 100 times in the past year while testing various supplements. It was not one of my fastest "runs" but it tied with the top 2 in memory (fewest matching tiles needed to be turned over). It's an old program with yellow squares called "blocks.exe" that came with a simple game pack that was floating around in the 1990's (has sticks, tetrix, invaders, codebreak, tic tac toe etc). Luck determines success of a run, and also not playing it for a while. I had not played it for awhile, so I was biased to score good. But if I had to go out in the field and work all day in the Sun, it's 6 am and I'm totally ready. So tentatively from this anecdote, it seems to help memory and energy and therefore can appear as an anti-depressant. But it's not a happy energy, just kind of like caffeine. I'm reaching for the helmet after this message....even before .... don't fall out of your seat yet .... coffee.

#25 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hey zawy, you can totally do what you want man...but I would not laser your brain every day. Some of the more recent evidence indicates that daily lasering can be harmful. Again, I'm not your dad or anything. Just want to make sure you don't accidentally do some damage. =)

#26 zawy

• 291 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

Thanks. Can be harmful at what dose?

#27 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

No problem man. =)

Mouse TBI Study
"For the first 4 days the improvement in NSS in the repeated laser group was marginally better than the single treatment. However on day 5 the gradual improvement ceased and as the laser was repeated the NSS got closer to that of untreated TBI mice until at day 14 it actually crossed over. Although the differences were not statistically significant it appeared that from day 16 until day 28 the mice that received 14 laser treatments did worse than those that received no treatment at all." (p. 9)

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3315174/

Edited by lostfalco, 07 October 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#28 zawy

• 291 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

That's a really interesting paper. The other papers it cites are also interesting and useful to me. These are the first I've seen where external wound healing had improved, and it's the first I've seen where the intensity of mW/cm^2 needs to be limited to something pretty low, even 4 mW/cm^2 in one of them. This could change my mind about intense pulsing, but otherwise more than 4 mW/cm^2 at the injured cell will not be achieved even with 100 mW/cm^2 in most injuries beneath the skin. Getting back to what you're referencing: these are the results from treating a traumatic mouse brain injury. It requires higher doses than our goal of "augmenting" thinking abilities and my interest in trying to improve elderly ailments like dementia, failing memory, Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's. But it may be relevant to stroke which is more like an overt injury. When treating injured cells like brain trauma, 4 J/cm^2 is needed. For improving thinking, it seems that 1 J/cm^2 or less is best. They applied 36 J/cm^2 to mice externally, who have very little blocking of the light compared to a human. To compare to people, this would be like 360 J/cm^2. Certainly I would not apply that to a person's head for mere augmentation unless they had a lot of light-blocking skin and hair that I could somehow measure, but no one can. 360 J/cm^2 might be applicable to a person if their head had recently been crushed, and not to be applied past the time that most of the cortical healing had occurred, like a few days. 4 J/cm^2 is only for injured cells. Their results are what we would expect from research as far back as the 1980's. For augmenting thinking, I like the study where they used 60 J/cm^2 and guessed 2% made it through. It may have ranged from 0.5% to 4% depending on the melanin and fat thickness of each human subject, not to mention hair. The inability for studies to know within a factor of 4 what dosage is getting through the skin and brain is disastrous to this area of study. Maybe 75% of the subjects will get the intended dosage while the other 25% will get too little or too much. I say it's impossible, but the researchers who know all about measuring blood oxygen levels with LEDs could figure out how to measure light blockage in a particular location on each particular person. Skulls will be a lot more consistent than skin. I'm being long-winded as always, but my point is "No, daily light treatments that are not too strong will be simulating daily Sun exposure and should be very healthy". 1 J/cm^2 four times during day light hours might be best because that's closer to what the sun is doing. But at 50 mW/cm^2 I don't know if that is 10 minutes or 1 hour.

Edited by zawy, 08 October 2013 - 03:12 AM.

• like x 1

#29 sv3ngali

• 29 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Forgive me if this question has already been asked (I can't see it), but has anybody combined LLLT and Nootropics? I have a lot of Piracetam and I'm wondering if the synergy is there between them? Or other Nootropics?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#30 Skp30

• 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Forgive me if this question has already been asked (I can't see it), but has anybody combined LLLT and Nootropics? I have a lot of Piracetam and I'm wondering if the synergy is there between them? Or other Nootropics?

I haven't taken any racetams yet (ever) but will be receiving Piracetam and Phenylpiracetam on Thursday. I'm going to limit it to 2-4 times a week.

Below is a partial copy/paste of my TULIP stack combo that was sent to Lostfalco via private msg and the rest is found in the TULIP experiences thread.

"I had taken a bit of a break from lasering but started back up again 2 weeks ago. I have now included CoQ10 and PQQ. Originally I was taking the Ebay combo but today just received the Swanson brand to compare the two. In addition to the Swanson CoQ10 and PQQ, I also received Artichoke extract (read a bit about CILTEP), Pregnenolone and shilajit extract. I remember ages ago when I took Pregnenolone and how it would put me in a good mood. I think I overdid it when I took the Preg (became a bit moody eventually) and am now going to cycle about 10 mg Preg 2-3 times a week and adjust as needed.

Two days from now, I should receive Piracetam and Phenylpiracetam (heard it works well with CILTEP) and will use it 2-4 times a week or as needed. Mainly for energy/motivation to tackle boring projects I've been putting off. If/when I go back to school, I'll adjust the dosage. I know you mentioned that you used to take Modafinil (Lostfaclo) but you've now stopped. I've never taken a racetam before but now I'm quite curious to try it and how it will stack with TULIP.

Other supplements I've been taking are fish oil, MCT Oil, Vitamin D, multi-vitamin, collagen+C and L-Glutamine for carb control (though I hear it's good for anxiety, too)."

Edited by Skp30, 06 November 2013 - 08:48 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tulip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users