• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Google CEO Larry Page New Venture to Extend Human Life

google immortality time

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 marcobjj

• 310 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Posted Image

Google is announcing Calico in a Google+ post Wednesday. Details of the company’s funding and employee head count were not available as of press time.
Google is keeping its exact plans close to the vest. But it is likely to use its data-processing might to shed new light on age-related maladies. Sources close to the project suggest Calico will start with a small number of employees and focus initially on researching new technology.
That approach may yield unlikely conclusions. “Are people really focused on the right things? One of the things I thought was amazing is that if you solve cancer, you’d add about three years to people’s average life expectancy,” Page said. “We think of solving cancer as this huge thing that’ll totally change the world. But when you really take a step back and look at it, yeah, there are many, many tragic cases of cancer, and it’s very, very sad, but in the aggregate, it’s not as big an advance as you might think.”

Read more: http://business.time.../#ixzz2fZcqySCJ
  • like x 1

#2 Julia36

• 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Great one!

#3 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

I wonder if I could get on the cover of Time if I launched a company with an unknown number of employees and unknown financing, and said I didn't have any ideas yet, but would start with literature searches using Google?
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Julia36

• 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

has it worked?

#5 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

I wonder if I could get on the cover of Time if I launched a company with an unknown number of employees and unknown financing, and said I didn't have any ideas yet, but would start with literature searches using Google?

Well maybe, if you had already founded a company as successful as Google.

Ray is doing an excellent job at influencing Larry Page.
  • like x 1

#6 orion602

• 83 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:11 AM

just checked the website after a year, and its still alive and growing.

Acceleration- souds good :) planned investment looks fine for a start.

AbbVie and Calico Announce a Novel Collaboration to Accelerate the Discovery, Development, and Commercialization of New Therapies

Calico to create a leading R&D facility in the San Francisco Bay Area focused on aging and age-related diseases, including neurodegeneration and cancer

AbbVie and Calico may co-invest up to $1.5 billion, utilizing Calico’s discovery and early development capabilities and AbbVie’s broad research, development, and commercial expertise to advance innovative new therapies

AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries. .

Calico (California Life Sciences LLC) is a Google-founded research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users