• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bobbycan

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Hello there,

I'll put my story short here:

Ever since taking meth/ crystal once about two years ago I've had brain fog. It's like there's cotton wool between my forehead and the brain. I'm not disabled in doing things, but the perception of reality is totally gone, I feel like in a dream... I'm 19 now and I've always thought it would go away, but after trying omega 3 & 6, ginseng, bacopa, piracetam & choline, lactobacillus, etc. I didn't find any relief. Especially during stressful situations like a heavy debate my brain fog got worse.

How could the meth have changed the chemical balance in my brain?

So in march I had a tonsillectomy where I was under general anesthetic. After recovery I felt clear in my mind, but that was due to hyper mania, so I was diagnosed bipolar II. Now I'm in stuck in depression.

My thought is that the change in my neurological chemistry after the meth use caused my bipolar condition triggered by the general anesthetic during the surgery.

With the depression and anxiety the brain fog is worse, but it was there before I became bipolar.

What kind of change could the meth use and the surgery have brought to me? Is there a cure?...

Thanks for all help...

#2 Michael White

• 26 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

It depends on what kind of meth you got. If you got local meth, or "hillbilly meth" as they call it, it's cut with allllll kinds of chemicals and so many different combination of chemicals are used to extract the pseudophedrine out of the allergy medications. Meth is a poison. Straight up. It's a poison. There's no telling how pure, or unpure, what you took was and the effects it had on your brain. The only thing I can think of doing is using what you can to help your brain heal itself incase there is any damage, eat right to make sure you're properly nourished, and exercise. Sounds basic, yes, but I can't think of anything else. Stay optimistic as lots of people have had this problem and have made it through, it just takes time. And don't rely on pharmaceutical medication your psychiatrist gives you, trust me, it will only make it worse.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 ▲420MD

• 81 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Mirtazapine is the most helpful drug for recovering methamphetamine users so far. It works with other addictions as well, not as great as it does with amphetamines however.
You need something to normalize your receptors after being throttled by the methamphetamine. Mirtazapine is really popular for this, but memantine and NMDA antagonists apparently "reverse" amphetamine tolerance which is what we are ultimately looking to do.

Look into both Mirtazapine and Memantine.

http://www.catie.ca/...-meth-addiction
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22065532
http://archpsyc.jama...ticleid=1107430

#4 bobbycan

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

I've only taken it once, so I don't think the Mirtazapine would help me because I'm not addicted. Is there any drug or supplement that's used for brain damage induced by meth or a remedy for brain damage in general, whatever that means?
I'm going to try some supplements like SAM-e, 5-htp, picamilon, Methyl b12, etc. in order to get my brain chemistry in balance. I'm eating healthily and did exercise a lot.

#5 ▲420MD

• 81 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Methyl-B12 apparently helps neuronal regeneration. You may have want to go for a MAO. L-DOPA and 5-HTP won't do much for this, what your talking about sounds like you've torched your monoamine transporters by releasing so much dopamine, etc. Noopept has an effect on dopamine I'm not sure what but it's worth investigating.

#6 bobbycan

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

I'm going to try some different supplements (Methyl-B12), but which supplements are MAO-i? I know that selegiline is a MAO-i, but I can't get that. What about Quercetin? A MAO-i would reverse the effect methamphetamin had on my monoamine transporters?

#7 CLR

• 46 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

It's hard to say what you were exposed to, and what neurotransmitters were affected, but we can try something. A broad spectrum regimen to target most/all neurotransmitters would be helpful. NOT glutamate or acetylcholine, however. Avoid any possible exitotoxicity at this point.

1) Two week washout period before any treatment, to let enzymes recuperate in the event of depletion.

2) Sleep hygiene. No exceptions. You are going to need 7 to 9 hours for recovery, for at least several months.

3) Leafy greens and antioxidants. Anything high in vitamin C. Blueberry juice/blueberries are amazing as well.

4) Multivitamin and adequate B intake (B50 preferably) . I recommend Life Extension multi or Life Force by Source naturals. This will aid everything. Vitamin A can help your lungs if you used inhalant.

5) Vitamin C powder. This antioxidant will speed your recovery. Cofactor for lots of reactions.

5) Inositol. This will upregulate D2 receptors and increase/balance serotonin. Meth likely drained you of dopamine, in a rather toxic fashion. 5-HTP and St. John's Wort are also options but these can be slightly dangerous.

6) CDP-choline. This will also repair/increase dopamine receptor density and possibly deter brain fog without too much activity. Don't take too much However, for risk of depression.

7) Magnesium. This is very important. As an NMDA antagonist, this can help greatly. It will reverse tolerance/withdrawal issues and replenish your receptors and their sensitivities. Frequent amphetamine users take magnesium for this purpose.

8) Tyrosine. This can boost your dopamine directly.

9) Something to work on GABA. This will be a remedy which can aid any rebound anxiety you have and put your brain in low power mode, allowing it to recover. Something really mild like L-theanine is great for chronic use (also good for focus or with coffee) or picamilon, or something intense like phenibut (ONLY short term).

10) Avoid any dopamine agonists or dopamine receptor inhibitors. Also, anything that will cause glutamate activity. Stay away from everything from amphetamine to methylphenidate to street drugs. Possibly even modafinil, and for the time being, any racetams.

You need to take it easy on the noggin for now, not give it a speed boost. Protein powder such as whey might provide some more essentials to aid recovery, as well as a fish oil supplement. Any of the above suggestions should help, but I definitely recommend at the very least a multivitamin and some fish oil.

Not sure if it would help, but something to act on opioid receptors could give you relaxation if you are anxious and high strung. Kratom is a mu-opioid agonist that apparently boosts energy/focus (anti-brainfog) while simultaneously relaxing and relieving pain. It's natural, too. Depends on the strain. Bali tends to be sedating whereas Meng Da (or is it Da Meng?) tends to be stimulating.

Edited by CLR, 02 October 2013 - 04:11 AM.

• like x 1

#8 bobbycan

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

So whatever I'd take it would take some long time to be cured I guess? Will try inositol, magnesium, tyrosine, picamilon or theanine, choline and maeng da after I finish my current stack. I heard that choline isn't good while being depressed? What about Acetyl-L-Carnitine plus Alpha lipoic acid with COq10 and d-ribose for fatigue/ brain fog? Would that stack go to the root of the problem or would it be only a temporary relief?

#9 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

Look at this topic.
Someone has similair issues as You, may You find something helpful or ask him Directly.
http://www.longecity...s/page__st__120

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#10 Joe Cohen

• 156 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

Cutting edge brain fog protocol that I made

http://selfhacked.co...e-of-brain-fog/

Also here's another protocol for supplements:

http://selfhacked.co...-2-supplements/

• dislike x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain fog, fog, fuzzy, meth, crystal, derealization, depersonalization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users