Photo
- - - - -

R-ALA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 blaise

• 47 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:43 AM

I have heard that you should refrigerate R-ALA. Is this true?

I have 40 grams I just purchased from CNW and it seems very clumpy, moist and sticky, but it does disolve in water.

It has a yellowish color, sorta smells like rubber and has a slight bitter taste. Has this R-ALA gone bad or is it supposed to be like this?

#2 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:12 AM

I have heard that you should refrigerate R-ALA. Is this true?

I have 40 grams I just purchased from CNW and it seems very clumpy, moist and sticky, but it does disolve in water.

It has a yellowish color, sorta smells like rubber and has a slight bitter taste. Has this R-ALA gone bad or is it supposed to be like this?

Yes this is true with most R-Lipoic's the KRALA being an exception.

While many compounds are stable in powder forms and are easy to make R-Lipoic is not one of them. I recommend either AOR's which comes from europe (the source many of the studies in animals are based on) or Geronova (made in the US).

While I normally do not make brand recommendation some compounds are very diffcult to make and most companies can not reproduce many of the newer compounds at the same quality.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 blaise

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:43 AM

So you are saying I should refrigerate all of the R-ALA I have?

I also have in capsule form: Syntrax R, AST R-ALA 200, Source Naturals R-Lipoic Acid and Bulk Nutritions R-ALA.

I guess I just should have saved my money and purchased AOR or Geronova.

#4 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:25 AM

So you are saying I should refrigerate all of the R-ALA I have?

I also have in capsule form: Syntrax R, AST R-ALA 200, Source Naturals R-Lipoic Acid and Bulk Nutritions R-ALA.

I guess I just should have saved my money and purchased AOR or Geronova.

I had someone test Source Naturals product and while I like Source Naturals products they did not realize the extensive problems making a stable R-Lipoic acid product.

Yes refrigerate it.

#5 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:06 PM

It polymerizes very easily. I'm becoming more convinced the potassium salt is a far superior form, I'm yet to be convinced the dihydro form is of more value however.

#6 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:54 AM

It polymerizes very easily. I'm becoming more convinced the potassium salt is a far superior form, I'm yet to be convinced the dihydro form is of more value however.

There is a very strong need for human studies on R-Lipoic, KR Lipoic, and its reduced form Dihydrolipoic. I look forward to Geronova promoting such research.

#7 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:30 AM

Yes this is true with most R-Lipoic's the KRALA being an exception.

In that case, do you think I should refrigerate Ortho-Mind?

#8 chelovd

• 44 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:40 AM

Thanks for the info. I have lots of R-ala at room temperature, & I'm in LA :(

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:22 AM

In that case, do you think I should refrigerate Ortho-Mind?

Yes, I do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users