• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Advertising for the MPrize.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:13 AM

jeff.. what's the URL for these costumes.. ?  just curious..

I bet it was this one (same pics anyway):
http://www.animalmascots.com/mice.php

This site seems to have the same list of them too:
http://www.akrondesi...cots/mice2.html

They do look to be pretty expensive (around $1000 each on the second site, and a bit cheaper at around $900 on the first site)

If you type in "mouse mascot costume" into google, there are some sites that come up with some slightly cheaper ones that are pretty good as well, most around $500-$700

;)

solarpower,
Nice research! So we are thinking as long as the stamp doesn't take up so much room as to make the bill unusable, then it is ok?

[thumb]

Edited by liveforever22, 14 April 2006 - 02:28 AM.

#32 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:20 AM

One fundraiser I remember seeing was selling money with a sticker of a funny face stuck over George Washington's. Could we make a removable sticker with a REALLY WRINKLY mouse sticking his snout out? I really don't think the stamp thing would get anyone in trouble, but regarding where to direct the public: has ImmInst ever thought about making a slick simplified site targeted at educating and getting the public's attention? Take a look at CoalCanDoThat.com for an idea of what I'm talking about.

#33 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:26 AM

I really don't want you to stamp currency - mainly because the idea will catch on...

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:29 AM

I really don't want you to stamp currency - mainly because the idea will catch on...

I have seen it some already, I usually ignore it, but sometimes it gets me interested and I check it out.

#35 mrfesta

• 155 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:26 AM

jeff.. what's the URL for these costumes.. ?  just curious..

I bet it was this one (same pics anyway):
http://www.animalmascots.com/mice.php

Opps, I forgot to reference. Yeah it was that one.

#36 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:10 AM

Ok, I couldn't sleep and so I created a few more stamp designs (mainly to entertain myself) on the stamp website I mentioned.

Here they are:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

;)

Edited by liveforever22, 14 April 2006 - 09:49 AM.

#37 mlinksva

• 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:44 AM

The mprize has been won several times, and the results have been published in peer-reviewed academic journals.

Does "several" mean three? (Bartke, Spindler, and Keith) If there have been others that just reinforces your point below -- I couldn't find them at http://mprize.org/in...e=recordholders

Competition, records -- I think the presentation of the contest theme of the mprize to the public could be considerably improved. Sports media tell stories out of the business and private lives of their idols, and present those to the public first and foremost.

#38 mrfesta

• 155 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:24 PM

Ok, I couldn't sleep and so I created a few more stamp designs (mainly to entertain myself) on the stamp website I mentioned.

Here they are:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

;)

[airquote] Donate this dollar to Anti-Aging Research; Mprize.org [/airquote]

#39 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

Donate this dollar to Anti-Aging Research; Mprize.org

Hmm, we might also want to do one with 5's. Not sure how that'd be worded, though. Donate this 5 to...? this five to...? this fiver to...? this Lincoln to...?

Also, I assume you spend these, so that the cost of the distributed dollars is essentially zero, right? Where's the best place to spend them, to ensure they get back into circulation? A place that deposits directly to a bank might not be best, as the bank might QC the money... Just thinking out loud... A place that returns the money quickly into circulation would be optimal. Maybe a convenience store, restaurant, some place with high turnover from the cash drawer?

#40 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:47 PM

Hmm, we might also want to do one with 5's. Not sure how that'd be worded, though. Donate this 5 to...? this five to...? this fiver to...? this Lincoln to...?

Also, I assume you spend these, so that the cost of the distributed dollars is essentially zero, right? Where's the best place to spend them, to ensure they get back into circulation? A place that deposits directly to a bank might not be best, as the bank might QC the money... Just thinking out loud... A place that returns the money quickly into circulation would be optimal. Maybe a convenience store, restaurant, some place with high turnover from the cash drawer?

Yea, I would think just about anywhere. You could just keep a small stamp in your pocket (or at home) and stamp any new currency that you get, and just spend it normally. (that is what I would think anyway) Most people don't pay attention to their money anyway, but some people would notice through the course of its circulation. Might be an interesting experiment to see if you ever get any of the dollars (5s 10s, etc.) back.

[airquote] Donate this dollar to Anti-Aging Research; Mprize.org [airquote]

Nice! Any other good lines anyone can think of?

;)

#41 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

Where's the best place to spend them, to ensure they get back into circulation? A place that deposits directly to a bank might not be best, as the bank might QC the money... Just thinking out loud... A place that returns the money quickly into circulation would be optimal.

Vending machines seem like an obvious choice...

#42 mrfesta

• 155 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:24 PM

The best place for me to spend them is at the grocery store so I can eat and the gas station so I make it to class ;) No luxury of spending dollars where I want yet.

#43 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:33 PM

The best place for me to spend them is at the grocery store so I can eat and the gas station so I make it to class wink.gif No luxury of spending dollars where I want yet.

LOL..

the circular stamps could make good buttons..

#44 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:14 PM

Vending machines seem like an obvious choice...

Why's that? Most vending machines just eat dollars, and return coins if anything. The dollars would just get collected and go to the bank, which is what I was hoping to avoid.

#45 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:32 PM

*bump*

Anyone have any other advertising thoughts lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users