Piracetam headaches at low dose

piracetam alpha gpc headaches

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bottomfeeder

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

I've started taking piracetam capsules, 800mg once a day with 2 x 300mg alpha gpc yet i all day i get a slight headache, last night i even had to take 500mg paracetamol to sleep.

I've heard that 800mg is simply not enough piracetam to take but if i'm getting bad headaches now i fear what will happen, the pain i will have in my head if i take more a day.

As i said i took one 300mg alpha gpc 30 mins after the morning piracetam dose and one before going to sleep. I always have two eggs for breakfast and drink a glass of milk during the day.

Yesterday was the first time i began this schedule but i have tried before and had a bit if brain fog.

The day was generally good, i felt confident and very alert, everything was very colourful too. I "crashed" at around 2pm and had brain fog, i took another coffee (the first one being my morning coffee) and BAM back in business.

This is my first thread and i'd really appreciate all the help, how can i get it to work for me without the headaches?? I'm taking a low dose and am concerned about raising it due to the severity of the headaches considering the high amount of choline i take.

Thanks

#2 jly1986

• 166 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Couple ideas:

Try reducing dose even more, until no more headaches. Then gradually increase over time.

Also, try reducing choline ... Seems like you're getting plenty already. The egg source may be enough.

Another idea is to try another racetam, if all else fails.

When starting to take a new substance like racetams, sometimes the body just needs a little time to acclimate, after which you'll operate at a new norm.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Bottomfeeder

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Had no alpha gpc today and had no headaches. Is it possible that the extra choline is giving me headaches??

I'll update my status as the week continues. Thanks for the advice, it just seems so odd that people say you should be taking almost 3 times as much as i do, twice a day!

#4 jly1986

• 166 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Each person's optimal amount is different. No one can say how much any particular individual should take. You basically have to experiment with various doses until you find what best works for you.

Great to hear your headaches are gone.

#5 Bottomfeeder

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for all the help. I've had no headaches since, however today has been awful in it's own way.

I've only taken 800mg piracetam and no choline supplementation. Eggs for breakfast and 2 coffees with milk.

I've felt a lot of brain fog, irritability and been sweating a lot from the palms of my hands.

Really feel as though I cannot go through with this even till the end of the week. Might try reducing my piracetam intake tomorrow depending how I feel when I wake up.

No depression but slight anxiety. Fluidity of speech is still good and i'm able to read for lengths of time but i'm getting distracted by thoughts of how it isn't working too often.

I felt last night very emotionless for a couple of hours too.

#6 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

600mg of alpha gpc could be a bit much.

You could try the following on a day off or something take like 3g of piracetam and see how that works.
The paradox thing is that 3g can make you less irritable than 800mg.

I tried it an I was scared what such a dose could do turns out it did less than 800mg and I felt just somewhat slow.
So take 800mg per hour and see what it does.

That said piracetam was not really for me and I quit it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#7 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

Ditch the alpha GPC for a while - it sounds like you may well be choline dominant like I am, and if so, alpha GPC is a poison for you rather than a nootropic.

Eat eggs every day you take piracetam. If you still get headaches, add on a smaller amount of choline and see if that fixes the headache. If not, a lack of choline did not induce the headache.

Consider reducing your coffee intake. Preferably replace with a good loose-leaf green tea.

Co-supplement your piracetam with fish oil, zinc, b vitamins and magnesium. Ginger also goes well with piracetam.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, alpha gpc, headaches

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)