Photo
- - - - -

Possible Additions to Regimen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jack21

• 24 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:49 PM

Greetings from a long time lurker and first time poster. I've been particularly drawn to this forum because it seems to be frequented by members with a wealth of knowledge and the eagerness to share it; a rare and happy combination.

My current regimen is:

2400mg Piracetam once daily with breakfast,
500mg choline bitartrate ( I realize this is not ideal),
Approx 400mg EPA and DHA each daily through fish oil,
1g Acetyl L-Carnitine
1g L-Tyrosine
60mg gingko
5mg vinpocetine
Men's multivitamin

So far I have been quite pleased with the results, though they have been subtle and only lately becoming noticeable. I have experienced a heightened sense of well being, a pleasant calmness, and an overall boost in mood. The dosages may seem low, but I was wary of the synergistic effect that many nootropics are said to have upon one another and was therefore conservative. I have been blessed with above average intelligence and a superb memory and, besides some rather intense and persistent anxiety and some depression which have abated during the course of administration, I have no psychological problems I am trying to remedy. In fact, my main impediment has ever been the enervating anxiety and the depression, to a lesser extent. I am a healthy 19 year old and my main goals are general cognitive enhancement with perhaps a focus on information acquisition and retention. I exercise regularly and eat well and I quit drinking half a year ago. Currently I am interested in trying both centrophenoxine and deprenyl as I would like to improve my motivation. I am writing a novel this summer and my main concern is that my creativity is not impinged upon and that both my mood and cerebral health are optimal in order to allow me to execute my task to the fullest extent of my ability. I would be greatly appreciative of any comments from current or previous users of either substance, as well as those from anyone that would like to offer advice or point out something I might have overlooked.

Thank you kindly,

Jack

#2 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:01 AM

The effects of centrophenoxine are very subtle. I wouldn't go so far as to call them stimulant.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:45 AM

Your regimen looks decent. Seeing as how you're 19 and in good health you wouldn't benifit from adding alot more to your stack.

If I had a choice of using only one nootropic, I'd pick piracetam. If used consistently, it's effects are definately noticeable (I'd take an additional 2400mg in the early afternoon too) and has a track record of 30 years of use and research with no serious side effects ever reported.

Alpha GPC or CDP choline are strongly encouraged with the use of piracetam or it's analogues (but you know that) [thumb]

Also, fish oil, fish oil, fish oil. Your brain is still growing. Feed it a top grade pharmaceutical grade.

#4 jack21

• Topic Starter
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:19 AM

Thank you, enemy and lemon. I had a feeling the responses might tend toward maintaining my current regimen, and I'm just fine with that.

Jack

#5 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:32 AM

Vitamin C e.g. at least 500 mg twice a day. Aswscorbate form preferred over ascorbic acid. Oh and make sure the multi is a good one.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 jack21

• Topic Starter
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:17 PM

Okie doke. I have the vitamin C. Also, I heard a disquieting rumor that fish oil can somehow inhibit creativity by way of clearing up any neurotransmission that is even slightly dysfunctional or epileptoid, much in the same way that neuroleptics' dampening effect leaves some schizophrenics dopey. Could anyone put my cares to rest? Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users