Photo
- - - - -

Centrophenoxine Powder

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 blaise

• 47 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:59 PM

Has anyone got any Centro bulk powder from Custom Nutrition Warehouse? I received some the other day and boy is this stuff clumpy. It is very hard to measure out the 250mg dose that I want to take.

This stuff also has a really bad taste, and I would like to cap it, however because of the consistency I don't know if it is possible.

Does anyone else notice this with their bulk Centro powder from CNW? Has anyone tried capping this? If so how did it go and what did you use for a filler?

#2 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:36 PM

Yes, clumpy it is, I got mine and have the same experience with regards to texture.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:57 AM

I used one of those kitchen chopper-upper machine to get a fine powder.

#4 blaise

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:51 AM

I guess I will try the old Mortar and Pestal mixed with some Glutamine powder for filler. I will let you know how it goes, I am still waiting to receive some more Glutamine powder from BN.

Does anyone reccomend a different filler that will help with the consistency issue?

#5 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:22 AM

Piracetam?

#6 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:18 AM

Perhaps creatine monohydrate.

#7 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:22 PM

Just curiuos, how does one ensure consistent dosing when adding inert filler?

Wouldn't you have consistency problems? It's not like you're getting a uniform distribution of active and inert into each cap. You could have one cap with 200mg Centro and 400mg l-glutamine, then the next one might only be 110mg Centro.

Wouldn't it be more prudent to get smaller(size 0 or 1caps) to keep products relatively intact**? The most accurate might even be solutions(water or other solvents). Anyone have ideas/opinions?

**I say relatively because many of the bulk powders already contain inert ingredients (ie Bacopa or PS at various percentages)**

#8 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:29 PM

mn-

statistics, baby, statistics.

If you homogenize your desired/filler mixture sufficiently, the mean dosage (say 250mg centrophen/cap) will also be the most likely dosage per capsule. Its just a coincidence intrinsic to a normal (gaussian) distribution.

#9 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:18 PM

I hate Statistics !!!

I had a 4.0 until the damn B's I got in Stats I & II. Even so, I guess since none of the supps are closed to LD50 (at the doses we take :) ) a little variation wouldn't be too bad.

#10 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:01 PM

Your concern, mnosal, has been mine as well. I'll just have to mix really well and pray. ;)

With regards to creatine monohydrate, does anyone see it being a problem mixed with pyritinol, or mixed with centrophenoxine?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 blaise

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:29 PM

I mixed enough pyritinol (500mg) with centrophenoxine (250mg) to fill one 00 sized cap. If you times those amounts by 50 and mix them in a ziplock bag and shake mash and crush it for a while they will mix really well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users