Photo

Jumping Grade - Officially Now

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

Hey,
Some of you might know I had plans to start a BA in philosophy next year, to promote my studies and have a bit of a challenge.
However, it didn't work out as planned since all the courses I was interested in including philosophy are taking place far from where I live, and my parent claim to my youth preventing me from traveling at nights from place to place, and mess with flights and bus driving- etcetera.

So, we're back to the first idea- which is to jump a grade.
Yesterday this case was officially signed, and after I finish 8th grade (last day shall be June 20), I'll skip 9th grade and shall go straight to 10th grade (probably at August 31); which means I have 3 more years to finish school! [lol]

Thought you'd like to be updated :)

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#2 Kalepha

• 1,140 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:10 PM

Adi, see if your parents will let you get a head start anyway: Pathways to Philosophy

#3 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:51 PM

Philosophy

From Greek, by way of Latin, philosophia, "love of wisdom", Greek- philein (to love) + sophia (wisdom).

That's my second name :)

Thanks however.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 psudoname

• 116 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:36 PM

Wow, I you were going to do a BA at 14 is it?

I am impressed.

#5 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

I stayed back in kindergarden.

seemed I was a disruptive influence

After the extra year they gave up :))

#6 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:36 PM

Only one grade Adi? With a girl of your abilities I was expecting much more. [tung]

But all kidding aside, congrats! :)

Don

#7 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:29 AM

That is awesome!

Now, don't do what I did! When I was in middle school (around 6th-8th grades) I was in an accelerated class that required 85 out of 100 or B+ to pass! (Normal classes were 65 or D for passing.)

When I got to high school, all the classes were the same... everyone needed a 65 to pass, including me. In my first year, I busted my butt trying to get an 85+ when everyone around me was sliding by with a 65+ so I began to slack off. By the time I was in 11th grade (we have 12 grades in the US) I had slacked off so much I was barely passing at 65! And of course, this was the year that colleges looked at to determine what good students we were. [:o] The irony was that in my last year, I really wanted to do well in the end and brought by grades back up to over 90, with some classes getting full 100's and my teachers nearly had a heart attack. [lol]

On a side note, there is a girl from Long Island (near New York City) who went to Washington on a paid fellowship to work with the Pentagon, but she prefered to work with NASA. She was developing a way to trap atoms and transport them within a beam of light. The scientists she showed her work to barely understand what she was doing and she was only about 13 or 14 years old!

So Adi, I'm not sure what my point was to all this... but maybe you get the idea. I'm proud of you and I'm waiting till the day when you post a picture of yourself holding your psychology degree before you're even old enough to join the army there in Israel! :)

#8 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

psudoname
Wow, I you were going to do a BA at 14 is it?

Heh, I believe it was a rhetorical question, wasn't it? [tung]
However, yes, but it didn't work, damn distance.
I am impressed.

I stayed back in kindergarden.

seemed I was a disruptive influence

After the extra year they gave up :))

Hehehe, I can imagine that, a little vampire hanging in the area of the kids, man lucky I am the vampires hunter (in contra to you mister hunter/vamp. :) ), so I don't have much reason to be afraid of you hehe. Moreover, I remember you saying you'll protect me [lol]

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#9 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:37 PM

woops, missed the rest.

Only one grade Adi?  With a girl of your abilities I was expecting much more.  [tung]

But all kidding aside, congrats!  :)

Don

[lol]

Heh thank you my friend :) .
Oh by the way Don, thank you so much for the first reply in my introduction thread, I read it again and realized that I didn't understand it in the first time I read it, I'm sorry.

Now Joel dear sponsor, thank you so much :)
We also have 12 grades here, luckily I have 11 [tung]
However, good to know of you being a good student [thumb]
Hmm well I think my average was 97 last year, I didn't get the marks file of this semester yet, but I can post here my marks of the last year if you wish... [sfty]

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#10 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:08 PM

Well it was the last day of school today ;)

I'll get my marks at Friday.

I'll advertise the marks from last year and the new ones to compare.

~Infernity

#11 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:18 AM

You could become a doctor, you would probably be good at that. We need a lot more immortalist doctors. The work will be tough but the payoff enormous.

Study: Biology, Psychology, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry now so when you are old enough to go on your own you will have a large head-start.

~JustinB

#12 emerson

• 332 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:37 AM

I wanted to quickly add my congratulations as well. The administrators in my area were dead set against letting people skip grades, and in fact even killed off the advance placement classes in both my elementary and high schools right after I was lucky enough to get through them. So it's nice to be able to see someone living something I could only wish for back then.

#13 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:39 AM

Justin,
You really want me to become a doctor don't you? [sfty] don't worry ;))

I want to study all the stuff under realistic.
As of course some of humane...

Thanks for the advise anyway [thumb]

Emerson,
Gee is it really so? isn't Alberta in Canada?
However thank you very much!

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#14 emerson

• 332 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (infernity)
Emerson,
Gee is it really so? isn't Alberta in Canada?

Indeed it is! Though I was raised quite a bit away, in the midwestern US. It was a beautiful. small. suburban town. But also a town deadset on keeping all us kids at exactly the same level. Unsurprisingly, it seems most of us with the slightest sense of ambition wound up slingshotting ourselves as far away from it as possible after high school.

#15 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:32 AM

Yes, the slowest one determines the speed tempo. All of my friends shouted me not asking question, claiming it confuses them and wastes the time of the original subject the teachers should teach...
"What do you think you're a genius? that you are above us all?..."

[glasses]

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

P.S. *sigh*, careful when you quote, delete the =nickname so you can edit with no mess and people can quote you without a mess...
There's a glitch.

#16 dangerousideas

• 60 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:32 AM

Congratulations on your accelerated placement - hopefully you will now be more challenged and have to push yourself even harder to excel!

My wife also skipped grade a grade when she was your age. Sadly, she found herself socially isolated because she was so much younger than her school peers at an age where a year or two really matter. Rather than push herself to excel even more - and stand out even more - she chose to "dumb down" and "rebel" to try to fit in. Overall, she describes this time of her life as being among the most lonely and unhappy. When she did start university - at age 16 (barely) - she found an environment where her intellect was generally valued and she blossomed socially - leading to an excess of partying and some rather poor grades for a time!

Then she found someone (me) who valued her for so much more than her mind! Twenty-three years and three children later she thinks hardly at all about the missed years of her childhood, or the losses associated with being forced to grow wise before growing old.

By all means be all you can be! Challenge yourself! Grow and evolve! But please also cherish your youth and don't rush to see it behind you - even if it seems to be a burden - for it passes swiftly enough on it's own. The real burdens of adulthood will still be waiting for you - whenever you get there! No need to rush...

Dangerous...

#17 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:16 PM

Hey thank you Michael.

And thanks for the story of your wife. Very impressive.

Well, I think I'm going to fit better in more mature company, you know...
Don't worry :)

However, my yought is limiting me so darn much. Lots of people preach me not to miss it, but I already did, I don't feel young, imagine how is that to feel as you feel but under even 16...

It sucks, it really is.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#18 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:15 AM

I got the marks today, I'm a bit disappointed this year.
Ok last year first.
Here we go.

(2003-2004):

Semester I-

The Bible - 95
History - 90
Geography - 98
Figuring - 95
Biology - 100
Mathematics - 100
Arabic - 95
English - 92
[Oh god, I got in Arabic more than in English [huh] (?!)]
Designing - 100
Handicraft - 100
Sports - 100

Semesterial Average: 96.81

Semester II-

"Roots" Project (about the family history) - 100
Literature - 100
The Bible - 90
History - 100
Mathematics - 99
Biology - 100
A Project of "The Air" (under biology brunch) - 100
Figuring - 95
Arabic - 100
English - 90
[Err again [glasses] ]
Computers - 100
Sports - 100

Semesterial Average: 97.83

Yearly Average: 97.34

(2004-2005):

Semester I-

Biology - 100
The Bible - 99
Literature - 93
History - 80
[A long affair, I didn't do the final exam because of the teacher's bad, which means I got a zero, so it screwed the whole mark]
English - 91
Sports - 95
Mathematics - 100
Geography - 100
Craft - 100

Semesterial Average: 95.33

Semester II-

History - 90
Lingo - 100

-Mathematics were divided:
Geometry - 100
Algebra - 100
Physics - 93
Sports - 100
Drawing Course - 100
English - 93
Personal Disk of "Shackles and Freedom" Project (under culture) - 95
Literature - 100
"Human Creates Company and Company Creates Human" Project, A Mass about the movie "The Wave" (under culture) - 100
The Bible - 95
Figuring - 85
[New teacher err]

Semesterial Average: 95.91

Yearly Average: 96.23

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#19 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:04 PM

Well, I'm glad to see that being online so much hasn't affected your performance in school. Now your parents can't complain about you spending time on ImmInst. ;)

And I suspect by next year, your marks in English will be much higher.

#20 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:33 PM

Well, I'm glad to see that being online so much hasn't affected your performance in school. Now your parents can't complain about you spending time on ImmInst. ;)

Heh well Joel, don't you think 5-6 hours per day is crazy? Oh gee I forgot I AM crazy [tung] , however, sadly they've got a point.

And I suspect by next year, your marks in English will be much higher.

In English, heh well next year it will be more difficult than it should be (as all, I mean one year above). But after all it doesn't really matter, it depends in the teacher. My English teacher if she'll remain teaching me as I believe, I don't believe I can get a 100. Heh she teaches well, doubtless, but she is definitely not a donor in marks, it takes perfection in everything to get a high grade with her.
I mean, every time she catches someone with a chewing-gum, 2 point are automatically being eliminated.
She thinks we should know English as this were our first language to get 100... Heh I'll have to live in the USA for a year to know English perfectly.
Heh, you know, when I speak English, it is not as good as writing (which is also not very good), since I've got no one to speak English with.
Hehe ask Bruce.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#21 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:01 AM

HAHAHAHAH!!!

What the heck is "Lingo"?

#22 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:50 AM

It's right after "Gang Signs of Postmodern Urban America" and before recess. They need time out in the yard to practice.

I'm surprised that "Figuring" didn't set off any alarms, justinb. I "figured" you would have thought it interesting in its vagueness and inclusion despite a Mathematics class. See? I got a '100' in Figuring, too. Kudos for me!

#23 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (liplex)
It's right after "Gang Signs of Postmodern Urban America" and before recess.   They need time out in the yard to practice.

I'm surprised that "Figuring" didn't set off any alarms, justinb.  I "figured" you would have thought it interesting in its vagueness and inclusion despite a Mathematics class.  See?  I got a '100' in Figuring, too.  Kudos for me!

I did, it was just that "Lingo" was funnier.

Edited by justinb, 29 June 2005 - 10:22 AM.

#24 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:26 AM

HAHAHAHAH!!!

You know, Language... in my case the Hebrew tongue. It has much darn more rules than in English so it seems...

It's right after "Gang Signs of Postmodern Urban America" and before recess. They need time out in the yard to practice.

I'm surprised that "Figuring" didn't set off any alarms, justinb. I "figured" you would have thought it interesting in its vagueness and inclusion despite a Mathematics class. See? I got a '100' in Figuring, too. Kudos for me! 

Well, that's the other part of Hebrew lessons, how to recognize text, how to write an issue and masses, how to do a brief read with the whole necessary info, how to organize a completely messed up issue, how to summarize into one reportage all views from different articles, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
When you gather this with Lingo, you *suppose* to know Hebrew perfectly. Gee I will never do [glasses]

It did, I just that "Lingo" was funnier.

[huh] You're American, you suppose to know what Lingo is, more than me, Israeli 14-years-old girl...
Weirdo.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#25 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (infernity)
HAHAHAHAH!!!

You know, Language... in my case the Hebrew tongue. It has much darn more rules than in English so it seems...

Well, that's the other part of Hebrew lessons, how to recognize text, how to write an issue and masses, how to do a brief read with the whole necessary info, how to organize a completely messed up issue, how to summarize into one reportage all views from different articles, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
When you gather this with Lingo, you *suppose* to know Hebrew perfectly. Gee I will never do [glasses]

It did, I just that "Lingo" was funnier.

[huh] You're American, you suppose to know what Lingo is, more than me, Israeli 14-years-old girl...
Weirdo.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

I knew that Lingo had something to do with Hebrew... I just thought it was a funny coincidence... weirdo... by the way, I think you have called me that twice this week..... weirdo...

#26 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:34 AM

Lingo has to do with Hebrew only because I live here in Israel. When Dutch people speak with you about Lingo in their school they will probably talk about Dutch... etcetera.
[huh]
Weirdo.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#27 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (infernity)
Lingo has to do with Hebrew only because I live here in Israel. When Dutch people speak with you about Lingo in their school they will probably talk about Dutch... etcetera.
[huh]
Weirdo.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

Duah......

#28 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:22 PM

Isn't that self-centered...to think that a class in "Lingo" is internationally common. It does sound like a class we could all still benefit from, Adi. Wuh!? uh... huh? When did I get on a first name basis with Infernity? whoa.....weird.....-o....

#29 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:54 PM

Duah......

I don't get it, why did you ask in the first place? how silly, picking at something logical that you even know so... huh?

Isn't that self-centered...to think that a class in "Lingo" is internationally common. It does sound like a class we could all still benefit from, Adi. Wuh!? uh... huh? When did I get on a first name basis with Infernity? whoa.....weird.....-o....

A by the way question- Do you suffer from schizophrenia? your weired PMs and now this...

Heck man.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#30 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:59 AM

You seemed to have missed the point. justinb asked about "Lingo" because the mention of itself alone is vague and unfamiliar to his American ears(I assume, no time to check). You pointed out that be it Hebrew, Dutch, or any other language, the speaker would know what "Lingo" pertained to as if every school teaches a class distinctly named so. I just thought you needed to hear it, as a joke or however you wish to read into it.

Heck man, indeed. [huh]

Would that be a 'Hex woman' in your signature slot?

Edited by liplex, 30 June 2005 - 05:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users