• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What threat do you worry about the most?

health threat

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Threats to mankind (47 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the biggest threat?

1. Plasticizers, they are everywhere! (4 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

2. Nanoparticles, they are the new asbestos only much worse! (4 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

3. Air pollution (10 votes [13.51%])

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

4. Contagious diseases (6 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

5. Man made bioweapons which get out of control (7 votes [9.46%])

Percentage of vote: 9.46%

6. Toxins on foods (10 votes [13.51%])

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

7. Heavy metals (3 votes [4.05%])

Percentage of vote: 4.05%

8. Chemtrails (1 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

9. Nanorobots which will be used against humans (5 votes [6.76%])

Percentage of vote: 6.76%

10. Threats from outer space (viruses,bacteria,hostile aliens) (1 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

11. Threats from the deep sea (stuff we don't even know exists down there) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

12. Something else (23 votes [31.08%])

Percentage of vote: 31.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:11 AM

WHY IS HUMAN STUPIDITY NOT LISTED? I CALL FOR A RE-LISTING OF SELECTIONS!

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.” (Italics mine.)

—Robert Heinlein

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#32 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:54 AM

Why is religion not listed? That nonsense killed more people than anything else.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#33 Florian Xavier

• 242 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

expandability of men

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#34 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:41 AM

expandability of men

Like Mr. Creosote?

#35 Maecenas

• 181 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:55 PM

I think right nowadays Islam is the biggest threat. It produces millions of brainwashed uncritical people ready to kill anyone, even their own mother for some religious fairy tales. I communicate with Muslims on a daily basis and I've never met individuals so indoctrinated and ready for violence. In case they take over the Western Europe - it will surely trigger some sort of Apocalypse.

Islam is a real life "1984". It controls everything and dictates you every detail of how you should live, whom you should love and murder. It's the most fascistic of all ideologies I can think of.

Edited by Maecenas, 20 January 2016 - 08:56 PM.

• Agree x 4
  • Disagree x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#36 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:59 AM

I think right nowadays Islam is the biggest threat. It produces millions of brainwashed uncritical people ready to kill anyone

Like Christians and their ban on stem cell research that slowed down the field by at least a decade ;) I hope someday in the future religion will be treated as a mental disorder, like drug dependence, etc. and someday it becomes something of the past, like slavery or child labour.

• Agree x 2

#37 Tmassini

• 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:55 PM

I think to our generation, there are threats that are more plausible than nanorobots. It will take some time till AI will function to that extent. Living in Milano, where smog due to the traffic and industry in our region (Torino-Milano-Vicenza) is getting similar to that in China. So far, I didn't have problem with no single nanorobot, but we breath tiny particles every day, since we must live and work near the crowdedstreets. For others, yes toxins from food, industrial processing of it, estrogens...this things kill us slowly and we don't give a shit.
Clash of the worlds is another possible threat which will slowly disentigrate our society...North Italy is under serious terorrist threat (from info I'm getting at my workplace), especially shoping malls. When this things start, the spiral start to roll. This will get out of control, just walk through some Milano suburra...

#38 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:37 PM

Don't worry, you've always got countries like China, who have no moral or ethics in any regard. The government doesn't even mind harvesting the organs of people it doesn't like while they are still alive. China does want China wants and doesn't give 2 shites what any other country thinks. You want to rip off patents, clone humans or harvest organs of unwilling donors? There's your haven.

Because of that ban on stem cell research, the field had to find other angles to achieve the same goal. We can now develop stem cells from almost any cell in our own bodies. Had we relied and accepted on using foetuses (viable for life or not), no body would have bothered to find another way because they wouldn't need to. Religion aside, I do think there is something ethically reprehensible in creating a market (which would undoubtedly be monetary) for foetal usage. If you needed treatment would you rather use stem cells your own body made, or would you rather get them from the copulation of some strangers egg and sperm for the explicit purpose, to save YOU and not go on to become life itself. How utterly selfish really. Regardless of whenever you 'decide' when that foetus is 'alive', at one point in your existence, YOU were no different.

The adversity to FOETAL stem cell research (not stem cell research) created innovation in the field and I think we were better off for it in the end.

Its a pretty long bow to compare this stumbling block in research to all the current crap that is happening in the Middle East and North Africa. If opposing stem cell research is the worst Christianity can be accused of then I guess it's not so bad then.

I think right nowadays Islam is the biggest threat. It produces millions of brainwashed uncritical people ready to kill anyone

Like Christians and their ban on stem cell research that slowed down the field by at least a decade ;) I hope someday in the future religion will be treated as a mental disorder, like drug dependence, etc. and someday it becomes something of the past, like slavery or child labour.

#39 Tmassini

• 10 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

Don't worry, you've always got countries like China, who have no moral or ethics in any regard. The government doesn't even mind harvesting the organs of people it doesn't like while they are still alive. China does want China wants and doesn't give 2 shites what any other country thinks. You want to rip off patents, clone humans or harvest organs of unwilling donors? There's your haven.

Because of that ban on stem cell research, the field had to find other angles to achieve the same goal. We can now develop stem cells from almost any cell in our own bodies. Had we relied and accepted on using foetuses (viable for life or not), no body would have bothered to find another way because they wouldn't need to. Religion aside, I do think there is something ethically reprehensible in creating a market (which would undoubtedly be monetary) for foetal usage. If you needed treatment would you rather use stem cells your own body made, or would you rather get them from the copulation of some strangers egg and sperm for the explicit purpose, to save YOU and not go on to become life itself. How utterly selfish really. Regardless of whenever you 'decide' when that foetus is 'alive', at one point in your existence, YOU were no different.

The adversity to FOETAL stem cell research (not stem cell research) created innovation in the field and I think we were better off for it in the end.

Its a pretty long bow to compare this stumbling block in research to all the current crap that is happening in the Middle East and North Africa. If opposing stem cell research is the worst Christianity can be accused of then I guess it's not so bad then.

Steam cell ban is stupid, but it doesn't really jeopardize humanity. It means that people would die like that die today.

...a mutated virus can...ww3 or decentralised war with isis (leading to criminal, infectious diseases...) can, islam is in some cases christianity on roid rage, what will happened when the create some sophisticated bioweapon? Btw, US, Russia, China, India, they still own tens of thousand of nukes......oh shit, we should add Trump to this pool.

#40 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:02 AM

As far as I know, stem cells were never banned. Only those derived from foetuses, which is frankly a pretty hideous way to get them. We are better off now than we would have been had we pursed the 'easy' option.

#41 Leon93

• 72 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

Consequences of climate change and all the insane never-ending progressive agenda. I also like all cultures except islam. Being an european myself, it is becoming a nuisance here.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#42 Cassandra

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

I worry about the environment and think we are on course to damage the world beyond repair within the next two decades. Me thinks there will be some event that sparks the beginning of the end, super exciting  :laugh:  :laugh:  

• Agree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users