Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam dosage too high?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 velocidex

• 75 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:35 PM

How do you know if you're taking too much piracetam per day? I've been taking 4g daily in divided doses and my head doesn't feel as clear as I remember it the last time. Or is my choline dose insufficient?

I've also been taking 1g DMAE per day. Could this be interfering with my choline uptake to produce this effect?

#2 spider

• 181 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:28 AM

Hello velocidex,

I will need more input from you. How much choline and what kind of choline are you using? And, are you using only piracetam, dmae and choline?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 spider

• 181 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:46 AM

Wait a minute, I'm remembering something.

Taking piracetam and DMAE causes a synergistic effect. And since you are taking large dosages of each, it is most likely that this synergistic effect is to large. So, my advice to you is to decrease your piracetam and/or DMAE intake.

#4 velocidex

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:26 PM

I'm currently taking:

MORNING
2g piracetam, 2g choline, 1g DMAE, 2g ALCAR, mulvitamin, 5mg deprenyl (selegiline), 500mg l-phenylalanine, 150mg r-ala.

AFTERNOON
2g piracetam, 2g choline, 2g ALCAR, 500 mg l-phenylalanine

#5 jack21

• 24 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:46 PM

I could be absolutely wrong, but that seems like a lot of choline to me.

#6 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:03 PM

Depends if its choline bitartrate or citrate or a more exotic analog like aGPC or citicholine.

#7 velocidex

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:05 AM

its choline citrate

#8 enigma

• 143 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:56 AM

1g of DMAE is twice the reccomended maximum dose and would create a huge amount of acetylcholine in itself. It is not good to have too much choline, I cant exactly remember why right now, but im sure ive read somewhere that there is evidence taking too much choline may increase your chance of Alzheimers. Have you tried taking less choline? perhaps 250mg of DMAE and 1g of choline citrate, im far from an authority on this but I think you need to reduce your choline intake, 4g of piracetam is much closer to a normal dose than the amount of choline you are taking.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 spider

• 181 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

Also, you ALCAR dosage of four grams a day is a bit steep in my opinion. 1000 mg to 2000 mg of ALCAR a day is considered by most people as a sound dosage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users