ISRIB-Group buy New

isrib group buy custom synthesis

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Have you taken any Cambridgebrainsciences tests yet?

#32 Epigenesis

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

How is your experience with this going? Any changes in the past few days?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 MasterHerb

• 173 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:39 AM

So far I'm very much surprised about the effect on the overall cognition. My personal experiences are, that ISRIB definitely has it's effects on memory consolidation, but in my experience it doesn't only influence the long term memory formation (as JPC suggested), but the short term memory as well. It mens practicaly, that while reading a text, it is way much easier to remember the words, expression, and contexts as well (after 1-2 days). For instance currently I'm studying medicine basics again (I will enter a residency program soon), the subjects floaded with unique expressions related to molecular biology, basics of anatomy etc.. meaning, they are not very easy to link while memorizing even for a medical professional (they are meant to be boring..), and so far, after two days (meaning the text I read on friday) I can still remember a lot sharper on the names of for example cellular proteins, special basic physiological mechanisms than before, it is very obvious to me. I have to add, that I would value my memory above the average (as far as I can asses), but lately I somehow got slower by memorisation (I think it is an aging effect, and that was one of the reasons, why I started to search for some chemical hacking of my brain..).
In the past, while I was studying, I had to consider, that the time (during the day) of memorysation can influence the number of pages, read in a time period, and the efficacy as well, but the last two days, even at the end of the day I could memorize the text really a lot easier than before.
I will try the Cambridge test soon, and send you an update, but without that I can say, ISRIB is a lot more potent, than anything, I used so far. I'm not sure why, but I also feel a squeezing sensation in my forehead, followed by a potent perceptional increasement effect, similar to PRL, but a lot stronger (I already wrote before), and as PRL helped me a lot to focus, it seems to help also in focus (and this is a reason as well, why it is so much easier to memorize), but solely focus increasement wouldn't do a strong effect I experience with it. I think, if the effect will last for couple of days (or even gets stronger), we can say, we found a bomber gentleman! :)
And just a small observation to dmso: during the first 2 days it was a disaster to ingest it, but by now I accomodated to it, and I don't know why (maybe because of the strong antioxidant effect of it), my common sense increased a lot, so now I'm completely not against using it with dmso.

Any updates?

#34 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hi, guys, my ISRIB trial has begun today (I stopped cerebrolysin 3 days ago, prl today), and will only continue NSI with it, I'll report how it goes...

what is the dosing protocol being trialled?

#35 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Hi, guys, my ISRIB trial has begun today (I stopped cerebrolysin 3 days ago, prl today), and will only continue NSI with it, I'll report how it goes...

what is the dosing protocol being trialled?

sorry,...stressful day, lol
I meant the dosing protocol being trial for the Cerebrolysin as prior used; as i note mL amount, but I am unaware if anywhere it has been noted as regards the concentration as per mcg/ml. TIA ;)

As well, has there been any distinctly notable effect regarding mood and mental health related 'issues' within use of PRL, Cere, and ISRIB?

Edited by VERITAS INCORRUPTUS, 28 February 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#36 PAM2

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

Will send an update soon, currently short of time...so far ISRIB is still promising ;)

#37 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

Just got my 2.5g ISRIB from PAM2. I haven't received my DMSO yet, but will first try sublingual administration.

#38 aarfai

• 75 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

That's awesome. Please update us Mega!

#39 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

PAM2 explained that if taken sublingually, "there is a high chance, that precipitatum goes through the GI-system without getting absorbed". Well, he may be correct, as I didn't experience anything from taking ca. 20mg sublingually at 1 PM. I just have to wait for my DMSO to arrive then (probably next week).

Edited by Megatrone, 03 March 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#40 PAM2

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

Guys, I would like to say thank you to all, who is helping me in this group buy, and to all the buyers, who all sent me feedback after receiving the vials. To be honest the first time I wasn't hoping at all, that a virtual society can work this smooth! I will continously update about isrib, and the other experiences as well (cerebro, NSI, FGL mainly).
Thx,
PAM
  • Well Written x 1

#41 p3x888

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:28 AM

Would it be possible to put 45 ml of DMSO into a bottle and then add in 30 doses of ISRIB at 20mg each. Then once it dissolves, you would have 30 doses of 1.5ml of DMSO with 20mg of ISRIB. You could use a dropper that gets 1.5ml out.

Is my thinking right?

#42 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Would it be possible to put 45 ml of DMSO into a bottle and then add in 30 doses of ISRIB at 20mg each. Then once it dissolves, you would have 30 doses of 1.5ml of DMSO with 20mg of ISRIB. You could use a dropper that gets 1.5ml out.

Is my thinking right?

According to Sigma Aldrich, the solubility is 1mg/mL: http://www.sigmaaldr...ng=en&region=NO

#43 p3x888

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Ok, well, I am going to show my ignorance now. Yesterday, I took 20mg and poured enough DMSO to cover it. It dissloved pretty quickly. Maybe it was 2ml. So is what you're saying that the 20mg didn't really dissolve? So I wwould need to use 20ml of DMSO?

Edited by p3x888, 05 March 2014 - 08:02 PM.

#44 MasterHerb

• 173 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

Ok, well, I am going to show my ignorance now. Yesterday, I took 20mg and poured enough DMSO to cover it. It dissloved pretty quickly. Maybe it was 2ml. So is what you're saying that the 20mg didn't really dissolve? So I wwould need to use 20ml of DMSO?

Did you feel anything?

#45 p3x888

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

Nope. But I am not sleeping enough now so I am sure that is contributing.

#46 MasterHerb

• 173 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

Nope. But I am not sleeping enough now so I am sure that is contributing.

Did you try it with the proper amount of DMSO?

#47 p3x888

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

What I did was use around 2ml to dissolve it. From the formula, it appears I need to use 20ml. That's a lot. I don't understand why it requires so much. Can someone help me understand that?

Thank you.
  • like x 1

#48 uralsky

• 81 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:17 AM

What I did was use around 2ml to dissolve it. From the formula, it appears I need to use 20ml. That's a lot. I don't understand why it requires so much. Can someone help me understand that?

Thank you.

Sigma does not study what is the actual solubility limit is. It simply reports any available information from published sources. So it says that ISRIB can be dissolved in DMSO at 1 mg/mL. It does not mean that it cannot be dissolved at higher concentration, or that it cannot be dissolved in other solvent. I personally prefer using a strong liquor like whisky or vodka to dissolve most of my nootropics.

#49 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

So ISRIB can't be consumed without dmso?

I'd like to know this as well; can't it simply be dissolved in another solvent, such as acetic acid?

#50 p3x888

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

So ISRIB can't be consumed without dmso?

I'd like to know this as well; can't it simply be dissolved in another solvent, such as acetic acid?

From my understanding now after studying this is that it can be dissolved in other things. It doesn't have to be DMSO.

DMSO is pretty nasty.

#51 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

From my understanding now after studying this is that it can be dissolved in other things. It doesn't have to be DMSO.

DMSO is pretty nasty.

Agreed.. hmm I'll consider it then.
There's no non-injectable RoA? I kind of wanted to take a break from needles.
Nevermind, I deduced that it's orally active from this post. Which alternative solvents can be used that are suitable for oral administration?

Edited by formergenius, 07 March 2014 - 09:14 AM.

#52 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

DMSO is pretty nasty.

Agreed.. hmm I'll consider it then.
There's no non-injectable RoA? I kind of wanted to take a break from needles.
Nevermind, I deduced that it's orally active from this post. Which alternative solvents can be used that are suitable for oral administration?

What uralsky said. Just use vodka. That is what I'm going to do now. Going to report back later today after having ingested 20mg or 30mg dissolved in ethanol.

Edit: The solubility in alcohol is not too good :( It is soluble at 0.06mg/mL.

Edited by Megatrone, 07 March 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#53 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

Alright, thanks. Looking forward to your feedback. I think I won't be in on this one; just read about the enhancement of fear learning. Hope you get good results though :)

#54 aarfai

• 75 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

So what is the consensus on the solubility of ISRIB? Must it be dissolved in DMSO for effect?

#55 MasterHerb

• 173 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:29 AM

Guys, I would like to say thank you to all, who is helping me in this group buy, and to all the buyers, who all sent me feedback after receiving the vials. To be honest the first time I wasn't hoping at all, that a virtual society can work this smooth! I will continously update about isrib, and the other experiences as well (cerebro, NSI, FGL mainly).
Thx,
PAM

Can you please update us on ISRIB?

#56 gearzo

• 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

So what is the consensus on the solubility of ISRIB? Must it be dissolved in DMSO for effect?

I think in dmso

#57 Ciambor

• 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

Hello any Updates ? I wait long time to see results of this nootropic ....

#58 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

Well, I got my DMSO last Friday and have been taking ca. 25mg/day since. First off, I can not recall having tasted anything as bad as DMSO. Pramiracetam is well beaten in this regard. I have to say that I can not relate to the previous statements of PAM2. I have not experienced anything at all. No positive effects and no negative effects. What a bummer.

Edited by Megatrone, 17 March 2014 - 10:13 AM.

• Informative x 1

#59 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

Well, I got my DMSO last Friday and have been taking ca. 25mg/day since. First off, I can not recall having tasted anything as bad as DMSO. Pramiracetam is well beaten in this regard. I have to say that I can not relate to the previous statements of PAM2. I have not experienced anything at all. No positive effects and no negative effects. What a bummer.

Perhaps experiment with 40-50mg next. Seeing there were no adverse effects. Best Success :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

From the PKR inhibitor c16 thread:

This is also VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PEOPLE WHO ALREADY OBTAINED ISRIB AND FOR FUTURE ISRIB TRIALS. People who already tried ISRIB without any effect should probably up their dosage since ISRIB also was dosed intraperitoneal in animal studies. If the molecule itself also has difficulty “surviving” the acidic content of the stomach then you might have been underdosing.

Or you could try to insufflate it, if the ISRIB can dissolve itself in the mucus (which is mostly water) excreted from the mucous membrane. But I don't think that is possible since ISRIB is virtually impossible to dissolve in anything else except DMSO. This also makes sublingual administration of ISRIB unpractical. But if you do want to try this method of administration I advise that you heat up the DMSO a bit so you will have to use less of it.
Using “ISRIB-DMSO-nose drips/spray” probably won't work either because the amount of DMSO needed still will be too large.
I also don't know if smoking will work either. The flash and boiling point of ISRIB and C16 can be found on chemspider. Maybe vaporizing would work? Or maybe buccal administration? The thing is, I don't know right now. I hardly have the time to respond right know. I will try to figure out more about this stuff, this coming weekend ok.

So I think that the only thing you can do for now if you already tried ISRIB without any effect is increasing the dose. And since there is no lethal dose known for ISRIB, you should be very cautious in doing so (meaning small increments).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: isrib, group buy, custom synthesis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users