• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Antibacterial Supplements to support dental treatments?

antibacterial dental root

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shp5

• 219 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hello,

I have a dental cyst on a dead molar. I will probably be doing a endodontic retreatment. Its success apparently also depends on my immune systems ability to aid in the recovery. is there anything I can take to help?

I was thinking cordyceps sinensis (or AHCC). maybe vit D & K2 for bone recovery? do you have other suggestions?

thanks

#2 username

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

Something that might be worth a try:
Get green tea extract powder and create a mouthwash (maybe with some other ingredients)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Get green tea extract powder and create a mouthwash (maybe with some other ingredients)

Great idea. You don't even need the extract, a strong brew of green tea leaves may be even better, because it contains fluoride and caffeine which have additional antibacterial effects. Just put the green tea and some other antibacterial herbs and spices, particularly sage and cloves (which AFAIK are the most potent ones) into a pot, add water and let it cook for a few minutes. After straning the brew, add plenty of xylitol, as that particular polyol has shown strong effects against dental bacteria.

#4 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

Oil of oregano

#5 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Great, add some oregano to the brew.

Off-topic rant: I find it interesting how many people in this forum seem to believe a priori that an extract is, by some intrinsic quality, always superior to the source material it is derived from. Lest not forget that while some extracts indeed provide considerable benefits, other are produced solely for the purpose of, well, marketing and selling it to to the people who believe a priori that extracts are, by some intrinsic quality, always superior to the source materials they are derived from. ;)

Edited by timar, 18 February 2014 - 02:42 PM.

• like x 1

#6 shp5

• Topic Starter
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

thank you for the suggestions, seems sound.

is there anything that could help systemically, where a mouthwash wouldn't reach the cyst?

cheers

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Great, add some oregano to the brew.

Off-topic rant: I find it interesting how many people in this forum seem to believe a priori that an extract is, by some intrinsic quality, always superior to the source material it is derived from. Lest not forget that while some extracts indeed provide considerable benefits, other are produced solely for the purpose of, well, marketing and selling it to to the people who believe a priori that extracts are, by some intrinsic quality, always superior to the source materials they are derived from. ;)

I agree with you. Most of the main herbs were used since the mists of times by cultures that did not make synthesised extracts of them.

I am dubious about the principles upon which extracts are made. It is well known that for many herbs research has been rudimentary, and so it seems to me a bit premature to extract a certain component or components just because they have been found in research to have certain effects. What about other components that were not studied in or relevant to that research?

I also think that taking the full herb provides a natural dilutant. You are much less likely to overdose on a component if it is taken as part of the whole plant, which will contain many other ingredients synergistic with it, preventing it from doing harm.

On the question of teeth, I agree with the recommendations above. I also think sodium bicarbonate makes a good anti-bacterial mouthwash, because acids really cannot do damage in a neutral environment.

thank you for the suggestions, seems sound.

is there anything that could help systemically, where a mouthwash wouldn't reach the cyst?

cheers

I think a mouthwash should reach the cyst, by osmosis.

Edited by Gerrans, 18 February 2014 - 05:11 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: antibacterial, dental, root

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users