- - - - -

a question for all nootropic suppliers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 spider

• 181 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:31 PM

Hello nootropic suppliers,

On the main nootropic forum we are now discussing a very interesting nootropic called Semax. I think that a lot of people would like to try this substance and that it will be pretty successful within the nootropical community.

The only problem seems to be the availability. It is obtainable in drugstores in Russia and in a few Eastern-European countries, but not in the West.

My question to you is: are you capable, through your connections, to obtain this nootropic?

Thank you for your time.

"Developed by the Institute of Molecular Genetics, Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow), in collaboration with the Biological Faculty of the Lomonosov Moscow State University. Produced as 0.1% sterile water solution nasal drops in 3 ml bottles with droppers; preserved with 0.1% nipagine.
Semax is a heptapeptide, synthetic analogue of an ACTH(4-10) fragment of corticotropin, of the following structure: Met-Glu-His-Phe-Pro-Gly-Pro.
Based on one of the endogenous neuropeptides regulating the functions of the central nervous system, Semax is a nonaddictive nootrop of prolonged action capable of stimulating memory and attention. It is characterized by wide spectrum of prolonged action, and the absence of hormonal activity and side effects. Therapeutic action of Semax after single application starts within 1 hour and lasts as long as 24 to 48 hours. Its effective doses (15-50 (g/kg) are roughly 1000 times smaller than those of widely known nootropil (pyracetame).
Semax stimulates predominantly the functions of the anterior cerebrum. It positively affects the processes underlying perception, analysis of information, training and memory. Semax markedly improves the adaptation of the human organism to stress (hypoxia, cerebral ischemia, etc.). It facilitates recovery of mnestical functions after anesthesia. Semax supports high levels of attention, stimulates memory and facilitates accelerated recovery of intellectual and physical potential. Semax supports active attention and ability to work in conditions of nervous and psychic fatigue like strenuous operator activity. It also accelerates adaptation of the cardiovascular system to increased physical workload. Semax can be used for treatment of intellectual and mnestical disorders, of cerebral vascular diseases, for rehabilitation after craniocerebral traumas, treatment or prevention of post-anesthesia effects as well as for treatment of asthenoneurotic disorders of various geneses including ionizing radiation. Healthy people may take Semax to stimulate their memory and capacity for work, as well as improvement of the mood and neutralization of stress effects. " (www.img.ras.ru/semax1-e.htm)

#2 jeromewilson

• 153 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:12 PM

My guess is that any supplier will, at best, say that they'll look into it if we can prove there's enough demand - probably around > 10 people for nootropica.com (for a > $100 commitment per person), and approx. > 50 people for any other supplier.

I suppose the thing to do is to ask the Imminst (and maybe Avant) community who's interested (maybe as a poll). Probably the best way to encourage people would be to ask a resident luminary (LifeMirage?) if they would mind reviewing the available data and giving their considered opinion. Though, of course, their opinion may be that it's not worth it, but that would obviously good to know too...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 spider

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:54 PM

Hello jeromewilson,

"Probably the best way to encourage people would be to ask a resident luminary (LifeMirage?) if they would mind reviewing the available data and giving their considered opinion. "

I thought that lifemirage had written that he found Semax interesting.

"I suppose the thing to do is to ask the Imminst (and maybe Avant) community who's interested (maybe as a poll). "

Yes, organizing a poll would be a great idea. Perhaps, we should give the other members some concise information about Semax, on which they can easily make their own decision.

#4 jeromewilson

• 153 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:36 PM

I thought that lifemirage had written that he found Semax interesting

Hi, you're right - that's certainly good enough for me. I was kind of thinking of a slightly more in depth endorsement / critique, but I guess that's pushing it :)

Getting some info together to present with a poll is a great plan. You've probably tracked down anything of interest but maybe I could PM you with anything I find, just in case, and you could post the poll, if that's OK with you?

#5 spider

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:03 PM

"maybe I could PM you with anything I find, just in case, and you could post the poll, if that's OK with you? "(jeromewilson)

Yes, of course you can, go ahead. [thumb]

#6 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:15 AM

As interesting as it is based on the available research it would not make my top 10 nootropics list.

#7 djh1208

• 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:48 AM

Came across this topic as a new member, I could contact a colleague who could supply Semax in Europe, Belgrade to be precise. If Spider is still interested, just drop me a line

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 djh1208

• 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:52 AM

There is a supplier for Semax in Belgrade, Serbia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users