bpa bisphenol a

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vitalityseeker

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

Hello,

I have for the last 3 years and continue to work with crazy amounts of plastic in a work setting where dexterity is required to a degree that doesn't give me the option to wear gloves.

After reading various research indicating the interactions and various effects which BPA has resulted in, I am a bit worried about the levels I may be getting exposed to - including what that could be doing to my testosterone & estrogen levels.

I have searched the web but there doesn't seem to have been much in the way of discussion with regards to supplementing to deal with or possibly counteract BPA in the body. I know intensive exercise is said to sweat it out of your system and thought about 30 minutes of intensive cardio after work every day, but I'd like to explore supplement options that could deal with it all the time rather than just get it out of my system faster. I don't want this thread to be an argument about whether BPA is harmful or not, because from everything I've read, even trivial volumes of it take their toll, never mind long-term continuous exposure... Be that as it is, so many scientists and FDA studies seem to swear against this, but I just don't want this crap in my body doing what it does - I want ideas on a supp that could at least counteract the effects of BPA if not cleanse or protect from it in other ways.

Thoughts anyone - what supplements could deal with BPA in someones body?

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

What kind of plastic you work with? They don't all contain BPA. Maybe you aren't exposed any more than anyone else. I consider BPA to be something that I'd like to avoid, but I'm not aware of any supplements that would help remove it any faster.
  • like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

Maybe Pregnenalone to fortify your own hormones? I don't think there's any analog of chelation for xenoestrogens, is there?
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#4 Vitalityseeker

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I work with various types of plastic. I'm also a little concerned about Chlorine in my tap water & Mercury in my fillings, and at risk of sounding a little extreme, the potential effects on my health - long-term - of the exhaust fumes I breathe in daily on my work commute.... not to mention what other crap could be in my body! I'm honestly not a hypochondriac but I believe we live in a day and age where we're exposed to so many chemicals that aren't natural or good for our bodies and health and would like some ideas on giving my body a little support against them.

Just from looking around the web (and imminst), things have come up such as zeolite and activated charcoal, as well as green powders (either mixed or individuals such as chlorella...) - what do you think of these for cleaning the body of various toxins, and do you have any other suggestions?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

Activated charcoal would only help if you had taken an accute dose of something that absorbs slowly and you want to flush it out. Good idea, but not really applicable here.

And to whoever downvoted me for helping before:
Good job, voting down someone helping instead of helping on your own. Bet your mom is proud of you.
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bpa, bisphenol a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users