• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Would you buy Semax, if it were available?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you buy Semax, if it were available? (103 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 pedr0vsky

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:06 PM

What is the suppost dosage for semax 1%??

How many drops?

use of semax: http://www.semaxint....clinicalapp.htm
but they don't say if it's the 0.1% or 1% solution

Anybody can help me with that?? thanks

#32 imhotep

• 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

Is this the same compound?

http://www.nytimes.c...ess/04drug.html

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Rhcan09

• 74 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:13 AM

Is this the stuff that someone was shamelessly trying to plug in the forums a few months ago - needs to be injected? Or am I confusing it with something else?

#34 pedr0vsky

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

Is this the same compound?

http://www.nytimes.c...ess/04drug.html

imhotep, no.

see http://www.semaxint.com/

#35 pedr0vsky

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

Is this the stuff that someone was shamelessly trying to plug in the forums a few months ago - needs to be injected? Or am I confusing it with something else?

Rhcan09, what was the name of the stuff?

injectable? not cerebrolysin?

#36 Rhcan09

• 74 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

Yes - I believe that was the substance.

Semax looks quite intriguing actually.

#37 pedr0vsky

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

Yes - I believe that was the substance.

Rhcan09, i already tried cerebrolysin, it's great :)

What was the topic?? i want to know all about it.

#38 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:07 AM

Never understood all the rage about Semax, neither here at home nor abroad. 

It really did absolutely nothing for me, and had me thinkin about what other nootropics should I take to get through this stressful moment at work, for instance. I gave it a chance with the intranasal little drops, but maybe I'm just used to the nootropics having a short-term effect right away, and a longer-term one later on. Didn't really finish any kind of a cycle with this, tried it for a few days and went and got some better stuff.

Now as far as Picamilon - that stuff is GREAT. Either cycle it, or take it on an "as needed" basis, it just about does it all for me. Fenibut is also fantastic, if you can get over the acidic-sharp taste and the drug-like side effects in the stomach. Dunno why, but as far as Picamilon goes, Fenibut also comes immediately to mind, as it's a great GABA-nergic (or something) substance.

You have to realize that it's your body chemistry dictating that. What works for some, don't work for others.

Edited by somethingtoxic, 23 April 2010 - 06:14 AM.

#39 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:11 AM

The 3 injectables that I know of cognitively are cerebrolysin, SEMAX, and noopept.

#40 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:15 AM

Never understood all the rage about Semax, neither here at home nor abroad. 

It really did absolutely nothing for me, and had me thinkin about what other nootropics should I take to get through this stressful moment at work, for instance. I gave it a chance with the intranasal little drops, but maybe I'm just used to the nootropics having a short-term effect right away, and a longer-term one later on. Didn't really finish any kind of a cycle with this, tried it for a few days and went and got some better stuff.

Now as far as Picamilon - that stuff is GREAT. Either cycle it, or take it on an "as needed" basis, it just about does it all for me. Fenibut is also fantastic, if you can get over the acidic-sharp taste and the drug-like side effects in the stomach. Dunno why, but as far as Picamilon goes, Fenibut also comes immediately to mind, as it's a great GABA-nergic (or something) substance.

You have to realize that it's your body chemistry dictating that. What works for some, don't work for others.

#41 k10

• Guest, F@H
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

no..

#42 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

The 3 injectables that I know of cognitively are cerebrolysin, SEMAX, and noopept.

Semax is usually sold in a solution for intranasal administration. And noopept is said to be available orally, sublingually and intranasally (though usually sold in pills, I think). Both would certainly work if injected, but so would most other substances here.

Oh, and an emphatic YES to the title question. Though the little nasal bottles aren't a great deal...

Edited by chrono, 24 April 2010 - 09:07 PM.

#43 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:35 PM

Semax is usually sold in a solution for intranasal administration. And noopept is said to be available orally, sublingually and intranasally (though usually sold in pills, I think). Both would certainly work if injected, but so would most other substances here.

Oh, and an emphatic YES to the title question. Though the little nasal bottles aren't a great deal...

SEMAX used to be injectable-only as far as I recall, it's been a while since I've paid attention to it. I must be confusing noopept for something else. I know cerebrolysin isn't the only one, just can't remember what the other is. (thanks nootropics...)

#44 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

SEMAX used to be injectable-only as far as I recall, it's been a while since I've paid attention to it. I must be confusing noopept for something else. I know cerebrolysin isn't the only one, just can't remember what the other is. (thanks nootropics...)

It's possible. I've only ever seen the nasal sprays available, and the pills for noopept. But as they're both peptides, I'm sure they would work great if injected.

The other injectable-only nootropics I'm aware of are mexidol and actovegin, both very similar to cerebrolysin.

#45 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

Wow that SEMAX thing didn't get under my radar but I might give it a try one day. And looks like more and more sellers are coming up.

#46 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

Semax looks sexy.

#47 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

And looks like more and more sellers are coming up.

Can you be more specific? Last time I checked into it, the only seller was pharmacy1010, and the price was pretty prohibitive.

Semax looks sexy.

Oh yes ;)

#48 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

Semax, an analogue of adrenocorticotropin (4–10), is a potential agent for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and Rett syndrome

Psychostimulants, such as methylphenidate, are currently the most common used drug therapy for children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). However, a number of patients with ADHD either fail to respond to these drugs or experience side effects that preclude their use. The heptapeptide Semax is an analogue of the N-terminal fragment (4–10) of adrenocorticotropic hormone, but is completely devoid of any hormonal activity. It has been found to stimulate memory and attention in rodents and humans after intranasal application. Evidence from animal studies revealed that Semax can augment the effects of psychostimulants on central dopamine release and also stimulates central brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) synthesis. In addition, Semax could improve selective attention and modulate brain development. Since ADHD is likely to be a neurodevelopmental disorder with disturbance in dopamine and BDNF function, it is proposed in this paper that Semax may have good therapeutic potential in ADHD. Furthermore, increased BDNF activity is found to improve Rett syndrome, a severe neurodevelopmental disorder which is, in the majority of cases, caused by mutations in the gene encoding methyl-CpG-binding protein 2 (MECP2). The potential therapeutic effect of Semax in Rett syndrome by increasing central BDNF activity may be of interest for further exploration in animal models of Rett syndrome.

The pharmacy1010 website is down. Any other good Semax sources? Please let me know, either here by PM. Thanks.

#49 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

Ha, i got you interested i see ;)

#50 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

Ha, i got you interested i see ;)

What can I say, I'm a curious guy in an experimental phase right now. It might just be a college-thing though so don't get too clingy ;)

Edited by aLurker, 17 October 2010 - 07:57 PM.

• like x 2

#51 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:07 AM

this semex sounds interesting, though the cost is high though. is it sold in the USA right now?

#52 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:04 AM

This topic has been moved from "Bioscience, Health & Nutrition -> Supplements -> Nootropics" to "Bioscience, Health & Nutrition -> Supplements -> Retailer/Product Discussion".

I also did remove some spam.

click!

EDIT: moved back to noots, since you removed the spam, and there are no products available.

Edited by chrono, 13 November 2011 - 04:01 PM.

#53 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

I bought from my friend Saha , and i mega dosed it with no ill effect(execpt to my wallet)

I would play around with this stuff more, as you can feel it taking effect, my complaint was there just wasn't enough for the money.

Ark

#54 c60tester

• 15 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

I bought from my friend Saha , and i mega dosed it with no ill effect(execpt to my wallet)

I would play around with this stuff more, as you can feel it taking effect, my complaint was there just wasn't enough for the money.

Ark

Did you take the 0.1% or the 1% solution?

#55 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

7 years after this thread started, haha. is there any more research? is this stuff available?

#56 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

I almost pulled the trigger on this but the majority of experiences I read all basically said that considering the price, you don't get enough bang for your buck. It's too bad because the literature on it sounds so promising.

#57 jly1986

• 166 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

It's really curious how all these noots come out of Russia. It must be a whole industry there. You'd think with such a noot-savvy culture, their population must be brimming over with brilliant minds and happy people! ;-)

#58 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

Instead it's brimming with dashcams.

#59 nootropic.ru

• 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

I deal with semaks while studying at the university now. This is my hobby.
So, if you find semax at a price lower than mine, tell me. It is currently about only - $25 !

all the best

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

I deal with semaks while studying at the university now. This is my hobby.
So, if you find semax at a price lower than mine, tell me. It is currently about only - $25 !

all the best

Is it $25 USD for the 1%(RED) or 0.1%(BLUE) SEMAX?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users