Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

The human body is so bad it is frustrating

human body

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 YOLF

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:44 AM

Cure aging and you can slow the birth rate indefinitely and people who are worried about having kids with disabilities or disease would just wait until there is a way to cure them before having kids.

We don't need selection at all, just lots of cryonics and science.

#32 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

I know, my point is natural selection process - making animals that can barely survive to make them evolve fast - IS the problem :)*

Natural selection create animals in the most worse way possible but still survivable this is why we walk slowly etc

Edited by Florian Xavier, 18 March 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#33 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

Human body, bad??? Stop crying sissies, it is an INCREDIBLE machine, far more advance than anything we humans ever built.

It could and must be improved, of course, but what we've been given by nature is a product of BILLIONS OF YEARS of refinement and definitely nothing to scoff at.

Edited by forever freedom, 18 March 2014 - 02:35 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

I don't agree. It seem beautiful but when you look at it, it is exactly whay you can expect from billions of years of trials and errors.

Plus evolution make the most miserables organisms possible that can still survive.

It real is incredibly bad. As bad as it seems.

Edited by Florian Xavier, 18 March 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#35 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

Human body, bad??? Stop crying sissies, it is an INCREDIBLE machine, far more advance than anything we humans ever built.

It could and must be improved, of course, but what we've been given by nature is a product of BILLIONS OF YEARS of refinement and definitely nothing to scoff at.

I guess Mother Nature did her best with the tools she does have and she just didn't have science. :) It is amazing that it evolved from single cells and then through to this but I just wish we could hurry up and make improvements.

#36 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

The Human body isnt a bad Design, it is amazing if we look at the circumstances under which, and the place it came to be.

It is higly redundant, can survive almost everywhere on the planet, it is very versatile, able to repaire itself to a certain degree, and survive for a long time without energy intake.

The Problem is that we have Opponents like pathogenes which have a faster evolution, and which will adapt to us very quickly.

Aging seems to be a way to eliminate individuals which have survived their usefullness for the benefit of the species in general, they are killed of to ensure a steady recombination of the Genepool to be better able to face threats like infectious diseases and similar things (and to better adapt to the envirobnment).

Thats the Problem, the process of evolution doesnt "care" for the Individual.

#37 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

I agree. The human body certianly has its own shortcomings.

I mean who has heard of a 30 year old guy with a bad knee? why can't i simply swap out my bad knee with a 10mm nut and bolt bearing combination imported from Japan? And do upgrades on my body whenever or however i see fit? Biology is so flimsy like that!! arrgh.

I want new eyes, my current eyes are a horrid 2048x2048 resolution at best, and for not for a lack of trying they are only 30 years old and are slowly decomposing, degrading, the ability of the genome to repair the cells of my eyes are breaking down gradually, and I can see this.

I also have constant mild migraines or mild headaches. Nobody of which is willing to do exploratory surgery or do a high resolution x-ray or MRI of my head inorder to find out what is wrong. Meanwhile I can easily replace the soundcard in my computer with just a phillips head screwdriver.....

The human body may be an incredible machine, but it sure is expensive to maintain and repair, kind of like owning a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Edited by Layberinthius, 22 April 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#38 YOLF

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

I would look for an infection. 

#39 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

I would look for an infection. 

Actually now that you think about it I have a history of ear infections on MY left side dating back at least 15 years.

I would need to go back to the doctor constantly inorder to get another perscription because as soon as the infection clears up I get another one at the exact same spot. And one doc said that the tube which connects from the inner ear to my mouth was blocked on that side. Every time I go to the docs they just write me a script for the little eardrop stuff and send me on my way, leaving no cause for further investigation as to why I get it constantly, so I just gave up and started to ignore it.

I'm gonna look at the chemists to see if I can't get a perscription free cure for it.

Thanks for reminding me!

EDIT: just discovered garlic & mullein flower oil suitable for ear aches.

Edited by Layberinthius, 23 April 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#40 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

Gelatin is pretty good for joint issues.

#41 YOLF

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

You may need a different abx. Have you had the pathogen that's causing the infection identified? That'll be the first step to getting rid of it.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: human body

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users