anxiety med

meds anxiety

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jfrancisco

• 49 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

Hello longecity a little question
I am on 150 effexor and its working ok for my depression. But not racing anxiety (gets much worse on welbutrin which i taught was good for exhaustion but not)
My exhaustion is better after workout My doctor gave me a choice betwtween
Clonazepam or clomipramine but my sugesstion whas lyrica witch one of the three has the least side effects? Tnx

#2 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

I wouldn't recommend any of those to be honest.
Did you already try a tricyclic antidepressant? Trimipramine for example is absolutely amazing for anxiety. Especially it lacks the risks (dependency) and side effects (amnesia and cognitive impairment) of benzos.

Edited by Dolph, 17 March 2014 - 02:47 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 jfrancisco

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

I didnt tried a tca but my doc suggested that.
But there ar alot of side effects?
And i am so freaking scared from effexor withdrawl. Tnx

#4 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

I went through Effexor withdrawal myself and it's annoying but managable. Took about a week.
You could try low dose trimipramine together with Effexor, too. For example 50mg in the evening and 12.5mg in the morning and at noon. If opipramol is available in the Netherlands you could try this or look for a German doctor to get a prescription.

Edited by Dolph, 17 March 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#5 jfrancisco

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Tnx for replying
I am gonna ask it to my psychiatrist.
Can i ask What meds you are on?

#6 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

I'm not on regular meds anymore. My depression got a lot better after I was put on thyroxine, although my deficiency was only minor. That's very lucky and not necessarily to be expected, of course.

March always was my "bad month" by the way. Don't know exactly why. I always felt pretty good during winter time but when the days got longer and the weather got "better" in spring somehow everyone's happiness collided with my own dysphoric state of mind.

#7 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

There are a range of medication that can be used to improve anxiety. Although I haven't seen satisfactory evidence yet that the addition of more medication will do anything more than control (while you are on it) your anxiety with it reappearing once you have stopped it.

Edited by Tom_, 17 March 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#8 jfrancisco

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

I'm not on regular meds anymore. My depression got a lot better after I was put on thyroxine, although my deficiency was only minor. That's very lucky and not necessarily to be expected, of course.

Yeah indeed lucky.
I have an appointment with an intern to check hormones sometimes i can feel my adrenals pounding even when i am exhausted.
Tnx

March always was my "bad month" by the way. Don't know exactly why. I always felt pretty good during winter time but when the days got longer and the weather got "better" in spring somehow everyone's happiness collided with my own dysphoric state of mind.

Yeah indeed lucky.
I have an appointment with an intern to check hormones sometimes i can feel my adrenals pounding even when i am exhausted.
Tnx

Something went wrong srry
I am glad that you feel better.
Now its my turn.
Maybe your case has something to do with daylight.

#9 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Yes, I thought so, too. But my experiments with melatonin were pretty discouraging. Made my depression worse for sure.

#10 jfrancisco

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

There are a range of medication that can be used to improve anxiety. Although I haven't seen satisfactory evidence yet that the addition of more medication will do anything more than control (while you are on it) your anxiety with it
reappearing once you have stopped it.

Yeah i think your right it i dont whant huge dosis i think i need more cbt and a good med (s).i dont want a cocktail just max 2 meds

@dolph
Yes my experience was also not to good with melatonin.tnx for replying i am gonna sort it out.

#11 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Would you mind answering the questions on your other post?
  • dislike x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#12 jfrancisco

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

Yeah sure

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: meds anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users