Photo

Why blondes are dumb.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 wraith

• 182 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (justinb)
I have noticed though, that at very high levels of IQ (160 plus) homosexuality seems to deminish a great deal.

I wonder what Alan Turing would have thought of that?

~~~

Once upon a time, my sister, a lesbian (to whom I no longer speak, not because of her orientation but because she's a sociopath) was putting together a brochure advertising a conference for a lesbian organization. She asked me to proofread. I read aloud a line: 'facilities for differently abled lesbians will be available'. 'Does that mean straight men will be invited?', I asked. She didn't think that was funny, for some reason.

My husband is really a 'differently abled lesbian'. I don't mind in the least. ;)

#32 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:36 PM

Alan Turing is one person, so his example offers little in the way of proof. If homosexuality is supposedly one out of 20, you'd have to find one example for every 20 or fewer of the same intelligence and status in history/society.

I'm not saying you won't be able to, because I don't know. I'm genuinely curious, in fact, because I don't particularly see why homosexuality would diminish in the "elite" circles of IQ.

#33 wraith

• 182 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:15 PM

Which is why I said, ' I wonder what Turing would have thought'.

I doubt anyone has any real data either way.

Stiill, I can think of a great many examples of stunningly intelligent gay men throughout history (and heck, those are just the ones we know about), and I just thought I'd bring up one. Like you, I can't particularly see any reason for Justin B.'s conjecture.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

Ah thanks Thor ;)
I even replied there a while ago heh.

Justin,
Well, evolution tells us WHY men and women are attracted to each other. Offspring of course. As for not having the possibility to *survive* forever, this is the closest natural thing. I think homosexuality is applying because of the fact you can more easily understand and be understood by the same gender. Most people are looking for the other gender mate because of evolution and nature's way to keep us all balanced.
Homosexuality is not the natural thing, that's some glitch in the seizure so I believe. Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with it with me, it's just I think we all will agree it is not the regular condition, and it has it's very reasonable explanation beyond.

Well, I can tell you that personally I'm fully strait, I do not find myself attracted to any females at all, although I can definitely judge female's beauty, and Yes, if there will be a beautiful lady next to me, I won't stop myself of looking at her.
I think girls do that for comprehension. I mean, it's not like I'm attracted to her [8)] , it's just human's eyes are some why loving to see pretty things, whether if it a male or a female, I don't think it really matters, it's just when I see a hot male, and a hot female, I have definitely different reactions. I personally am no the kind of person whom imagines sexual thoughts with every guy I see, but my behavior is automatically fitting itself as the evolution probably made me, and some will call it "playing" with them, doesn't even have to mean I want them...
With females, I don't even react like that, heh, it's just good to have them as friends, to share feelings and stuff.

However, I some why found that boys are usually more truthful and loyal as best friends. I don't know why, girls are just gossipers. I don't know if it's because of their jealousness or because of their exaggerated determination of wanting to help, or simply the extremely emotional need to take out.

I think however boys will say the opposite.

Sometimes it is better having a best friend of the opposite gender, so you can discuss with them also as asking and having opinion of the other side, like have an honest answer of "how do I look?" before a date, or "what will he/she would probably love the most...?" etcetera, and generally feelings and reactions of the opposed gender.

I think the explanation to what Justin said is, people with a very high IQ maybe have problem finding a mate with the same level of intellect (which is obviously needed for the sake of good relations). So automatically the person is being attracted to same gender because of it's having naturally more close elements at first place. lol I'd call it indolence of seeking.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#35 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:48 PM

I don't think homosexuality is a choice any more than I think heterosexuality is a choice. I certainly couldn't choose to be sexually attracted to other males even if I tried really really hard, personally I can't really even see how females are attracted to males, other than from a purely intellectual perspective (they are attracted to males because they need to be in order to produce offsprng). All that is really a long way of saying that I have no idea how to judge male beauty.

Generally I don't care at all whether someone is straight or gay barring the special circumstance where I am hitting on them (female) and I would very much prefer to find out that they are either straight or bi. And if I get hit on by a male I have generally reacted in the same way I would when I get hit on by a female that I am just totally unattracted too.

I think sexually should have the same amount of influence how one deals with other people as race should; zero (barring of course the case in the search for a mate).

#36 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:38 PM

It's not choosable by willing but conditions, brain is responsible... That's by life experience.

Elrond, can you on a guy if he's ugly though?

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#37 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:29 AM

So we label blondes as "dumb" and homosexuals as "disgusting" or whatever. What does this labeling do? Is it functional to label something?

In my opinion, we live in a world full of labels and stereotypes. We label things because we define them as seperate to us. Are they seperate? So if they are sperate then what? We then define whether it is good, bad or neutral in regards to us and act accordingly? Setting up a dualistic environment (us and them), IMO, feeds the ego and justifies its existance by saying "Hey i'm over here!"

Can anyone here name something that's existance is total independant?

When we label and stereotype we generalise and make conclusions that only take in one part of the truth. To do so is narrow-minded and dangerous. We all know this but are hidden from it by our ignorance.

And infernity, I think these guys are just being humerous. Humour is not always about mocking a situation. Humour can also be about adding a light touch to the situation. It can be about trying to relax the serious nature of some issues so that we can deal with them in a calm and happy state.

Infernity, you are blonde and I do not think you are dumb. Far from it girl!

#38 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:14 AM

By the way, you are definitely smarter then most your age. What I meant was, that you should not take most teenagers around you seriously because they themselves are not serious in any sort of way.

Ah, thanks, however I've already embraced that tip [thumb]

And infernity, I think these guys are just being humerous. Humour is not always about mocking a situation. Humour can also be about adding a light touch to the situation. It can be about trying to relax the serious nature of some issues so that we can deal with them in a calm and happy state.

With Justin you can never know if his kidding or being serious, or maybe it's just me, every time we speak he's like picking on me [glasses] heh, although sometimes it is funny heh.
Infernity, you are blonde and I do not think you are dumb. Far from it girl!

Yeah, thanks my friend [sweat]

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

Edited by infernity, 29 June 2005 - 10:57 AM.

#39 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:58 AM

You know what THAT means....... [tung]

Heh I'm afraid I do...

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#40 antilithium

• 77 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (infernity)
OK first, men can't be treated as object. Take for example um, ok girl who tries to rape a man.
I mean- he is not being used, he won't mind, he actually shall cooperate [:o]

If she were hot, than yeah, most guys wouldn't mind getting “raped”. I'm willing to bet every guy thinks about sex at least once a day. Doesn't matter if he black, white, rich, intelligent, homo or whatever. You see, we men are pigs. But that doesn't mean we dirty ourselves with a cheap whore, dammit. I know several guys that would love to get “raped” but several of us also have standards. Some of us have obligations that transend sexual urges. Work, school, taking care of your family, you know. But sadly, sex on the brain is something we must tolerate. And besides, whats to say that women don't get horny?

QUOTE (lightowl)
As gay as they get  :)

I'm sorry but I nearly spat out my OJ laughing when I saw this. [lol]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users