- - - - -

please help

medicines

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jfrancisco

• 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

My psy thinks i have atypical depression with anxiety.
I am currently on abilify 5mg and effexor 150
But its not doing enough for me and i am sick of it.
I am thinking of quiting both but i am scared of withdrawl. I tried a lot of ssri s and welbutrin (welbutrin makes my anxiety much worse.)
What are your opinions? Witch med (s) are best for treating this. I am thinkink of an maoi or amisulpride with something.

#2 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

Do you know why the Abilify was prescribed?

How long have you been on the effexor?

I don't have any opinions on what is best for you... but I will mention that effexor can have appalling withdrawal effects *if* you attempt to suddenly discontinue it. If you do decide to stop taking it, you will need to slowly reduce your dose over a few weeks. If the withdrawal side effects are unbearable, it's also possible to use low doses of prozac to block the side effects. Once you're off the effexor, then quit the prozac. You'd need to discuss this with your psychiatrist.

Good luck!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 jfrancisco

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Hi the abilify whas prescribed as filter for my thoughts because to much impulsises. And i am using effexor for four months now.
I think i bring that up to my psychiatrist, about the prozac.
Sometimes i just think i have severe brain inflammation because of my tendon pain and i had a severe case of plantair faciititis on both feet for about a year.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: medicines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users