* * - - - 3 votes

Isochroma gone again?

isochroma

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

I note that Isochroma-reborn's account has been deleted, and wonder if anyone knows what's up? He hasn't posted since December, as far as I can tell. He was such a character around here, and it's a bit worrying that he has disappeared. Did his brain evolve a new form of cognition that has taken him into post-human nirvana, or did it dissolve in a racetam soup? It would be good to know if anyone has any news. His posts were often informative, usually poetic, and sometimes inspiring. And his invaluable prices list is increasingly hard to find, as one mirror after another goes down.

• like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#2 0010

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

Isochroma - Son of Zeus,brother of Apollo, father of piracetam-induced-mania. lel

Edited by Schizo, 22 April 2014 - 03:21 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

I think he had legal problems which led him to be expropriated from his own house and as a result he was preparing to suicide.

There's a thread of him talking about it somewhere in the forum.

I'm quite worried that he's gone for a while, I hope he didn't do anything stupid.

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

He was banned for the post quoted here:

http://www.longecity...-54#entry630015

#5 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

He was banned for the post quoted here:

http://www.longecity...-54#entry630015

Thanks for the clarification.

Looks like typical Isochroma lunacy as usual, though this time he went too far.

He was probably high on piracetam again.

With 20g a day you can't stay mentally sane on the long term.

I wonder if he's back on the forums under another shady username.

#6 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

He won't be missed by me. Not a very nice human being, IMO. The guy never displayed any empathy or kindness to anyone here. That post he made in that NS-189 thread, just says it all really. A spoilt child, who is always right, and thinks that the whole world is against him. Spitting out poison to those who dare question him, and full of his own self importance.

The last I heard from him, he was taking potentially very harmful research chemical steriods, to sort out a situation where his testosterone had well and truly hit the shitter. Obviously, his lifestyle of too many late nights, poor eating (the guy had no job), self induced mania, hyper dosing of immune suppressive fish oil and eating piracetam like candy (even though it stopped working for him), had absolutely nothing to do with his decline.

Edited by Thorsten2, 22 April 2014 - 10:36 PM.

• like x 4
  • dislike x 2
  • Agree x 1

#7 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

I don't see why so many people talk badly about Isochroma. Even long before I registered for Longecity, I really enjoyed his posts and thought he was an interesting and helpful member; a little over the top at times but I prefer that to constant banality. People forget that he compiled and maintained a list of racetam prices which helped to make them more abundant and thus cheaper. He contacted many of the Chinese labs for price quotes on nootropics such as sunifiram, unifiram, and coluracetam which lead to vendors such as New Star Nootropics and Nootropics Depot eventually sourcing from these Chinese suppliers and reselling them. He should be commended as a true asset to Longecity. He should be unbanned in my opinion.

• like x 8
  • dislike x 3

#8 fairy

• 143 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

or did it dissolve in a racetam soup?

GjGLjzw.gif

Well, I'll miss the guy. Although not all users can get over his attitude, he's brilliant. One may conceptualize fools in two camps: those of the natural fool type and those of the licensed fool type. Whereas the natural fool was seen as innately nit-witted, moronic, or mad, the licensed fool was given leeway by permission of the court. In other words, both were excused, to some extent, for their behavior, the first because he "couldn't help it", and the second by decreehttp://goo.gl/t8TNue

• like x 5
  • dislike x 1

#9 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

here's the list by the way: http://racetams.site...etam Prices.htm

#10 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:34 AM

From my view, I can understand somewhat Your sympathy for that Guy.

But just imagine if SLR2009 would listen to him. What then ?

Would he be, moraly seen, somehow a murder ?

I guess most People would´nt of course listen to this advice, but You never know if there is someone who would.

And that is the point why I´m personally dislike him.

According from the logic of Isochroma:

If Your sick Son/Brother.. kills his self, what for a gap would he leave in the lives of his nearest ones ?

Therefore I allways advocate to people to hold on for the near Future.

Cuz in about 15 Years there will/could be Stemcell therapies allready aviable.

Or other interresting Substances like NSI-189 or Thymosin beta 4 and so on.

This is just the logical part.

Of course there are many other aspects and Ideologies to keep on with Living, like beeing there for Your Family or aspects of Religion.

#11 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

From my view, I can understand somewhat Your sympathy for that Guy.

But just imagine if SLR2009 would listen to him. What then ?

Would he be, moraly seen, somehow a murder ?

I guess most People would´nt of course listen to this advice, but You never know if there is someone who would.

And that is the point why I´m personally dislike him.

You make some good points, Flex. What he suggested was to some extent debatable but, it was one post, a post that was deleted and resulted in him being banned. There is a large difference between a scam artist who deserves a permanent ban, a troll with multiple accounts who deserves a permanent ban---and one avid nootropics enthusiast who made a single controversial post. His views may have changed by now for all we know. For all we know, he could have been under a heavy dosage of IDRA-21 and feeling suicidal himself when he wrote that. I think he deserves the benefit of a doubt and a second chance to be a contributing member to this site again. Personally disliking him for a single post should not give justifications to a permanent ban.

Admins/Moderators: How long of a ban did Isochroma/ Isochroma-Reborn receive?

Edited by FW900, 23 April 2014 - 06:41 AM.

• like x 3

#12 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:10 AM

Isochroma was snorting an androgenic steroid at the time of the ban. (Could snorting androgens make one less empathetic?) Also, he was suicidal, and doing something about it (researching suicide methods, obtaining the required materials, etc). I think it is unfortunate that he was perma-banned. What does that say about the Longecity community's level of care & concern for its suffering, mentally ill or otherwise wayward members?

• like x 10
  • dislike x 1

#13 Dakman

• 271 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

I doubt this is the kind of place that should be having to deal with a member like that. Watching someone's mental illness play out on a message board is not productive for either party surely.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 2

#14 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

Isochroma has been around this forum and others for years. People that used to hang out here during the "Imminst" period remember him appearing and disappearing a number of times. His lunacy was tolerated becuase people learned not to take him seriously. His lengthy and poetic descriptions of ascending into Godliness , and even Meta-Supra-Godliness after eating 20 grams of Piracetam and bathing into it, were entertaining and often funny, and overall harmless.  He was basically a "licensed fool" as Fairy describe it in his post above. I even thought for a while that he was just making this up, and using the forums as an audience to his Sci-Fi reality show.

Then he started becoming creepier and creepier. And many people started worrying and advised him to seek help and stop taking whatever he is taking. But he wouldn't listen and just kept denying that something was wrong hith him. He probably went into full psychosis. Then that post in the NS-189 thread. Longtime members wouldn't be affected by it, but it was advice to a new member who wasn't familiar with Iso's personality, and could have been seriously influenced by it and harm himself.

I don't know if he should be unbanned or not. But if he is unbanned , it should be under the condition that he would seek help ( he lives in Canada, with social healthcare ). There is no way he could just come back and us watching him going nuttier like a very slow train wreck plunging into the abyss in slow motion...

• like x 3

#15 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Isochroma was snorting an androgenic steroid at the time of the ban. (Could snorting androgens make one less empathetic?) Also, he was suicidal, and doing something about it (researching suicide methods, obtaining the required materials, etc). I think it is unfortunate that he was perma-banned. What does that say about the Longecity community's level of care & concern for its suffering, mentally ill or otherwise wayward members?

Roid rage maybe?

#16 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:38 AM

Guys, this was a tough case.  We couldn't not respond strongly to Isochroma's encouraging a vulnerable user to commit suicide.  If SLR2009 HAD killed himself, and we had not stepped in and acted, that could have been the end of LongeCity, along with serious legal trouble for Isochroma.  I really wish one of the old hands of nootropics, like chrono, had been here to at least weigh in on it, because the other mods don't get over here much.   Looking at old logs, however, shows that chrono and various other mods were in favor of banning him a lot time ago.  Isochroma has caused a lot of trouble for Imminst/Longecity over the years, including some things that didn't show up in the forums. 

I had no idea that Isochroma was suicidal himself.  Was that generally known by followers of the Brain Health forum?  This really points out our need for a nootropics moderator.  Our community is pretty good about helping people who need it, assuming they're open to being helped.  We have to balance our care and concern for Isochroma with our care and concern for users like SLR2009 and for the entire community. 

• like x 5

#17 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

Well said Niner. SLR2009 was vulnerable and apparently not thinking clearly and it would have been a disaster if he had followed Isochroma's advice. Longecity needs to show it is responsible and I believe that they did.

Just out of interest, SLR, ISO and Chroma all relate to photography. Is this just coincidence?

#18 Acetylnordopatoninol

• 24 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:25 AM

here's the list by the way: http://racetams.site...etam Prices.htm

Is Isochroma the one maintaining this list still?

#19 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

Guys, this was a tough case.  We couldn't not respond strongly to Isochroma's encouraging a vulnerable user to commit suicide.  If SLR2009 HAD killed himself, and we had not stepped in and acted, that could have been the end of LongeCity, along with serious legal trouble for Isochroma.  I really wish one of the old hands of nootropics, like chrono, had been here to at least weigh in on it, because the other mods don't get over here much.   Looking at old logs, however, shows that chrono and various other mods were in favor of banning him a lot time ago.  Isochroma has caused a lot of trouble for Imminst/Longecity over the years, including some things that didn't show up in the forums. 

I had no idea that Isochroma was suicidal himself.  Was that generally known by followers of the Brain Health forum?  This really points out our need for a nootropics moderator.  Our community is pretty good about helping people who need it, assuming they're open to being helped.  We have to balance our care and concern for Isochroma with our care and concern for users like SLR2009 and for the entire community. 

He posted about it in his racetam price list topic (http://www.longecity...m-prices/page-3) :

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have neither the vehicle, license, funds or ability to move now.

Furthermore as I am now entrapped in the legal process I cannot leave the province.

You are correct in that the legal system in BC is very corrupt - I was a witness to that corruption in David Alexander Parson's case.

We listened to encrypted audio tapes of court proceedings and compared them to paper transcripts - whole sections were edited out by the request of corrupt judges.

As such I have faith that my case will be dealt with in such manner as the beast has so far dealt with it and others I have known.

Knowing this I have prepared my final exit in two strategies, one of which involves chemically-assisted fast deliverance. I will be buying the materials shortly so that if worst comes to worst, they will not have their vicious claws on anything but my corpse.

Rather than live on my knees I will die on my feet - both for honor and as my final statement to the evils that are rapidly destroying this entire world.

It is the survivors whose suffering will be long and drawn-out, and for them I feel a slight sorrow.

Them that makes their bed, lies in it.

If you looked at his house, it looks like a proper house typical house I would say, not that of a nutjob.

Edited by renfr, 24 April 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#20 Sholrak

• 222 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

I think Piracetam creeped on him, to a degree we won't never understand.  Surely, he was the best authority about Piracetam, and at the same time, the perfect example of what a long time and big quantity piracetam dose is able to do to human mind. Sincerely, I became aware of Piracetam after watchig his behaviour.

Much people thought Piracetam was the definite cure to so much ailments, and Isochroma proved we went all wrong. Stupid and fucking Piracetam only creates an illusion where you are more than you really are, that's why I stopped taking it.

However and despite of all this, I'll remember Piracetam as the most radical nootropic ever seen, which almost literally saved my life.  All of who tested it once, didn't become indifferent about it, just for sure.

Edited by Sholrak, 24 April 2014 - 11:05 PM.

#21 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

Isochroma's reputation certainly proceeded himself on this forum . I still feel bad for the guy despite the malicious things he said.

#22 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

I actually didn't mind him until he threatned me because I didn't give him Coluracetam for free. Then that post telling the guy to kill himself was messed up. The guy is sick so people have every reason to talk badly about him. He brings it upon himself. I'm sure he's suffering though so I do feel bad for him.

#23 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

I think Piracetam creeped on him, to a degree we won't never understand.  Surely, he was the best authority about Piracetam, and at the same time, the perfect example of what a long time and big quantity piracetam dose is able to do to human mind. Sincerely, I became aware of Piracetam after watchig his behaviour.

Much people thought Piracetam was the definite cure to so much ailments, and Isochroma proved we went all wrong. Stupid and fucking Piracetam only creates an illusion where you are more than you really are, that's why I stopped taking it.

However and despite of all this, I'll remember Piracetam as the most radical nootropic ever seen, which almost literally saved my life.  All of who tested it once, didn't become indifferent about it, just for sure.

It wasn't the Piracetam that caused Isochroma to go all crazy, he was already there. I've read a lot of his posts, and he definitely mentioned a few times being on disability. Now, I have very serious doubts that he was on disability because he couldn't walk, or something like that. You don't have to be physically disabled to be considered disabled, you can also get SSD due to mental problems. And that's likely what led him to looking into chemical substances such as taking massive oral doses of Piracetam, snorting Diabinol, and smoking large quantities of NotPot. With the mix of steroids, nootropics, and god knows what they're putting in that synthetic marijuana these days, it was only a matter of time that whatever disease he was really running away from caught up with him and he suffered a mental break.

The Piracetam didn't help, but it isn't what did him in.

The synthetic cannabinoids are the most troubling and likely the smoking gun. People think they're safe because it's not an illegal drug, but I can tell you from personal experience what they do to your mind, and its not pretty. My roommate, too, had an issue with them, and if it weren't for the help of me and his friends he would likely be dead right now. I'm talking selling off treasured possessions just to get a gram of the damned stuff. They can be addictive, and they can really fuck your head up.

Sorry for the language, but the danger these substances pose to an already unhinged mind simply cannot be overstated.

Edited by Jeoshua, 25 April 2014 - 12:37 AM.

#24 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

It wasn't the Piracetam that caused Isochroma to go all crazy, he was already there. I've read a lot of his posts, and he definitely mentioned a few times being on disability. Now, I have very serious doubts that he was on disability because he couldn't walk, or something like that. You don't have to be physically disabled to be considered disabled, you can also get SSD due to mental problems. And that's likely what led him to looking into chemical substances such as taking massive oral doses of Piracetam, snorting Diabinol, and smoking large quantities of NotPot. With the mix of steroids, nootropics, and god knows what they're putting in that synthetic marijuana these days, it was only a matter of time that whatever disease he was really running away from caught up with him and he suffered a mental break.

The Piracetam didn't help, but it isn't what did him in.

The synthetic cannabinoids are the most troubling and likely the smoking gun. People think they're safe because it's not an illegal drug, but I can tell you from personal experience what they do to your mind, and its not pretty. My roommate, too, had an issue with them, and if it weren't for the help of me and his friends he would likely be dead right now. I'm talking selling off treasured possessions just to get a gram of the damned stuff. They can be addictive, and they can really fuck your head up.

Sorry for the language, but the danger these substances pose to an already unhinged mind simply cannot be overstated.

As far as I know, Isochroma was on Disability Level II due to severe autoimmune and chronic wasting disease. He is definitely an interesting person, who was struggling through some hard times. He was forced to live in a homeless shelter for over a month, and was having charges pressed against him for a crime that he was (presumably) innocent of.

As for his suggesting suicide to a vulnerable individual, that is inexcusable..but then again, I'm also uncertain as to how much influence a "suggestion" of suicide holds. Additionally, he had discussed his own contemplations of suicide a number of times, in in-depth detail, and no-one came forth to offer him any assistance or guidence.

• like x 4

#25 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:46 AM

I am really curious now. There is no question that Isochroma has mental problem, but what did he do to get in trouble with the law? Importing or trying to buy scheduled substances?

#26 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:51 AM

This is an excerpt from a personal message, just to clear any misgivings about the crime he may or may not have commited:

"There I learned that one of my longtime friends had accused me of verbally threatening him (I had never done so). There were two counts under section 264.1(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada - later I learned that the Crown decided to pursue both charges summarily rather than by indictment: All this is based on one person's word that I said something to them - no recordings, no witnesses, nothing. I have no previous criminal record either. It could happen to anyone."

Edited by Adaptogen, 25 April 2014 - 01:53 AM.

#27 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

As far as I know, Isochroma was on Disability Level II due to severe autoimmune and chronic wasting disease. He is definitely an interesting person, who was struggling through some hard times. He was forced to live in a homeless shelter for over a month, and was having charges pressed against him for a crime that he was (presumably) innocent of.

As for his suggesting suicide to a vulnerable individual, that is inexcusable..but then again, I'm also uncertain as to how much influence a "suggestion" of suicide holds. Additionally, he had discussed his own contemplations of suicide a number of times, in in-depth detail, and no-one came forth to offer him any assistance or guidence.

As to the homelessness, that is very sad. I've had to live in a shelter, myself... and on the street... and worse... for 5 years of my life. I sympathize, but a month in a shelter is definitely not the best place to be, but I can tell you from experience it isn't the worst thing that's ever happened to someone, and many of the people who were in the shelter with him for his brief stay were worse off than he is. I'm not trying to downplay his condition, but honestly there are people in the shelters who die every day from some disease. At least 4 people that I could name, in my time on the streets, died from various conditions contracted while they were living in better conditions than I was, at the time.

And I saw the posts about suicide. His plan was to take his own life when he could not tolerate what was happening, anymore. The drugs had fucked up his mind, but he had a solid plan to go out quickly and painlessly. If I had actually been a member at the time I would have said something, especially considering that I could definitely relate to a lot of his troubles. Sadly, I joined shortly after his notorious post.

All this aside, it still doesn't excuse his remarks to someone who was already crying out for help. Isochroma may have resigned himself to taking his own life, but he was actively attempting to convince someone else to do the same.

Misery loves company.

Edited by Jeoshua, 25 April 2014 - 02:23 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#28 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:11 AM

Who cares. 

Sure Isochroma could have been an asshole at times, but I do have to respect him for being somewhat of a pioneer in trying combinations that had not been tried before. 

I can say for a solid fact that his thread about Piracetam megadosing lead me to try it myself, and the experiences that followed forever changed my life in positive ways that I could have never even imagined possible. I don't take it any more, maybe once every two months. I had posted about some of the "life revelations" I had during those piracetam states and the only responses that I got were that I was being manic and delusional. Yet, over the past months/year, as a result of that experience, my life has become satisfying beyond my wildest measure. 

If Isochroma is gone, then he's gone, so be it. With his manic posts I'm sure I am not the only person who benefited. 

• like x 5
  • dislike x 1

#29 Geoffrey

• Topic Starter
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

OMG - I had no idea about all the suicide stuff, the legal situation, etc. It's sad for all those involved, and I do hope Isochroma and SLR2009 don't do anything foolish. Isochroma's posts, manic as they were, were often very inspiring, and it had seemed that he had found some deep inner self-fulfilment. Having said that, the doses he claimed to be taking of piracetam, oxiracetam and sunifiram (amongst others) were insane, and may have lulled some people into a false sense of reassurance about the effects of mega-dosing.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

Yes, reading about Isochroma's crazy piracetam's megadose experiences was one of my earliest memories of this forum.

I feel bad for him, but what he said to SLR...was just really out of whack, especially for him - somebody of all people who should empathise with the vulnerable, of course I have no idea what kind of mental state he was in when he wrote that post, but then previously there was all the stuff about big pharma and the crazy medical conspiracies.

I guess he needs his own forum on longecity where he is isolated - but allowed to post stuff and interact with people there? lol the Isochroma Forum

• like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: isochroma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users