Photo
- - - - -

Vitamin E is still bad for you?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hallucinogen

• 359 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:03 AM

Also, any objections to taking multi-vitams? Since if you take too much vitamins, they will accumulate in toxic amounts, so why in the world would some of you take about 3 multi-vitamin tabs a day? IMO, that will do more harm then it will ever do good, any suggestions?

"The synthetic form of vitamin E DOES NOT represent vitamin E in nature - and researchers know this. The synthetic form is the least effective - and researchers know this. The synthetic form functions differently in the body than other forms of vitamin E - and researchers know this. The synthetic form will NEVER, and I mean N E V E R, provide the benefits or function of natural vitamin E - and researchers know this as well. So why do they still do research with the cheapest, least effective, potentially harmful, synthetic form?"

There are studies that speculate that Vitamin E increases the rate of heart disease/attack, etc. Any news about this?

#2 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:30 AM

hallucinogen please do some research before posting!
Fat soluble vitamins can accumulate if you take too much, but all multivits are made without too much of these so you're safe.

In then end i belive vit E is good if you take it in natural form in some oil base.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 vastman

• 155 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:56 AM

Yo, I'd suggest you do a bit more research. LEF's recent magazine issue destroys the bullshit vitamin E issues and if you spend a bit of serious time on AOR's website (aor.ca) you'll begin to understand the complexity of things. Taking poorly formulated multis is unfortunately the practice of most well intentioned folks who are looking for an easy fix and if youre of like mind I would definately urge caution. However, spend a bit of time reading about AOR's formulations (ortho-core, ortho-mind and ortho-bone would be a good start) and you might be amazed at what you don't know.and should know when it comes to supplements. Petes site @ relentless improvement does a good job of pulling a lot of this information together from various well respected key players into one place and you might want to spend a bit of time on it also. Finally I"d suggest picking up a few LEF mags which are full of info or just search their site.

The one thing I realized when I began trying to educate myself in this area is that it is both exciting and complex. We are on the edge of understanding and while there are many schucksters out there willing to sell you crap for a good price, armed with a bit of knowledge we have the opportunity to improve the quality of our lives like never befor. As to your vitamin E issue, there are idiots everywhere as is so poinently pointed out in the March 2005 issue of LifeExtension magazine in the article "rebuttal to Attack on Vitamin E. Should be accessable on their website by now.

Every day I learn new things. I'm open to learning. I try to decern and weigh the evidence. My very less than perfect recall makes this challenging. Sure there are lots of idiots using the wrong forms of this and that, not to mention having little or no knowledge of the synergistic, complementary or even antagonist interactions various compounds have together. Face it....simple minds abound..... DON'T BE ONE OF THEM!!! Now, its nearly 3 am... i need some sleep

cheers and good luck...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users