TM5441

tm5442 pai-1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Karlovsky

• Guest, Moderator
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:11 AM

Rapidly aging mice fed an experimental drug lived more than four times longer than a control group, and their lungs and vascular system were protected from accelerated aging, according to a new study.

hen scientists fed the rapidly aging mice TM5441 -- the experimental drug -- in their food every day. The result was a decrease in PAI-1 activity (the aging protein Vaughan's team had identified), which quadrupled the mice's life span and kept their organs healthy and functioning.

Northwestern scientists also genetically produced the same life prolonging results when they crossed the mice deficient in the age-suppressing gene with mice deficient in PAI-1. Importantly, partial genetic deficiency of PAI-1 and the experimental PAI-1 antagonist produced provided similar benefits in the mice, Vaughan noted.

I have not seen a thread on this research chemical yet, but it looks promising when looking at the effects on rats. 

Sounds interesting! Keep an eye out for news on this... It may not help currently healthy peoples, but may help in peoples who have suffered from accelerated aging due to poor lifestyle choices.

#2 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:35 AM

I'll wait to see its effects on normal, healthy mice, rather than the ones with artificially induced Progeria.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 t260g

• 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

I wanted to bump this thread with some interesting related links I just came across:

First Ever Anti-Ageing Gene Discovered in a Secluded Amish Family

PAI-1–regulated extracellular proteolysis governs senescence and survival in Klotho mice

Tocris: TM 5441

p.s. this is my first post ever, but I'm a longtime lurker :)

Edited by t260g, 23 November 2017 - 03:51 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tm5442, pai-1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users