- - - - -

Molecualar Biology of the cell Cd rom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:13 AM

I bought the book a few weeks back and am reading through it... I went to take a look at the contents of the Cdrom that came with the book and found it had snapped into two pieces ! [:o]

Was there much on this cd and is there anyway to get it Without having to buy the book for another 50 pound !

Is there a lot of useful images, movies and stuff on the cd?

Posted Image

[angry]

Edited by Matt, 02 July 2005 - 08:28 AM.

#2 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:09 AM

Can't you glue it back together? I saw that once in a computer science lecture on error correction algorithms. The guy cut a cd half way through with a jigsaw and it still played Bach as if it wasn't scratched. He explained that radial breaks don't matter because of the way they do this redundancy thing.

#3 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:20 AM

Great buy btw! In general I found the CD very useful to distract me from serious studies of the book... But that's cool in those evenings when you just can't take anymore reading to repeat things from a different point of view, that sort of thing

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Cyto

• 1,096 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:10 PM

You can try what John said with putting it back together, but I agree that you don't really need it. And if you ever need another book to compair with, PM me and we can get that rolling. [wis]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users