• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Mel Brooks: Blazing Saddles could not be made today.

movie not pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

"They can't make that movie today because everybody's so politically correct. You know, the NAACP would stop a great movie that would do such a great service to black people because of the N-word," says Brooks. "You've got to really examine these things and see what's right and what's wrong. Politically correct is absolutely wrong. Because it inhibits the freedom of thought. I'm so lucky that they weren't so strong then and that the people that let things happen on the screen weren't so powerful then. I was very lucky."

https://movies.yahoo...-215405381.html

Blazing Saddles recently turned 40. It's sad that this movie could never be made today. Even scientific research is (self) censored to make it non-controversial and PC. I don't watch much TV right now, but I bet the quote above never made it into the media coverage ...

#2 Lobotomy

• 110 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:51 AM

It's sad, but not unexpected. I mean, seriously, it's just a guise to further homogenize western society so that one day, any form of contest to a public, political, or popular opinion will label you as a bigot, further inhibiting progress.

It's all about maintaining the status quo. Too much advancement too fast would cause western governments to collapse due to their slow and corrupt nature. That's seriously why we don't have what we think we should have in 2014. 

Edited by Lobotomy, 31 May 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

The PC police are getting out of control. I agree. Worse every year.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: movie, not pc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users