• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Deep Impact Coverage

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Richard Leis

• 866 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:59 PM

I am going to provide coverage today and tomorrow of Deep Impact's fatal meeting with Comet Tempel 1 over at the July 2005 Issue of my website, The Frontier Channel. Lots of big images, articles, a little commentary, a podcast of my thoughts during the event, etc. The bulk of the content will probably appear tomorrow, July 4. I am also trying out something new with my podcast starting with the Deep Impact coverage episode, so stay tuned.

I am hoping you all might find something interesting there, but even more, I am wondering if people would mind critiquing my effort? Things you like, things you don't like, nitpicks, reactions, etc. You can respond in this forum topic or send me an email at frontierchannel@frontierchannel.tv. I would appreciate any comments you have, even if you absolutely hate what I do and are bored to tears ;)

Of course, there is official coverage by NASA on NASA TV, and images and press releases will appear on the Deep Impact Mission page. Space.com, the other space-related websites, and the usual news media suspects will all provide coverage as well. If that is not enough for you, several observatories will provide webcasts of the event seen through their telescopes. Space.com has a good list of those webcasts. Finally, if you have a telescope and clear skies, you can check to see if anything is visible from the ground in your neck of the woods, as long as you live west of the Mississippi in the United States and beyond (western portions of South America, Hawaii, and most of Asia should all have good views depending on local conditions). Sky and Telescope has two good illustrations to help you pick out the region of the sky you need to focus on.

If you take any pictures, I would love to post them on The Frontier Channel. Send a jpeg, description, and your name and/or website (for crediting purposes) to frontierchannel@frontierchannel.tv.

I'm planning to provide similar coverage in August when Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter is launched from Cape Canaveral in Florida, USA. I have the good fortune of being able to attend the launch in person. I am thinking about doing something similar if I attend the ImmInst Life Extension Conference. Any feedback you can provide will help me improve the site and practice for future events.

Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users