• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

ImmInst Director (Jay Fox) on Daily Show

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#61 signifier

• 79 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:51 AM

That was one of the stranger Daily Shows I've seen...

Hopefully they'll show the interview another day.

• Lurker

Posted 14 July 2005 - 04:36 AM

http://longevityfirs...t_abort_abo.php

Thank you for the update.

#63 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:40 PM

perhaps its an omen that immortal beings might use vaginal creams.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#64 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:20 AM

I look forward to watching this.

#65 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:40 PM

perhaps its an omen that immortal beings might use vaginal creams.

That could be taken so many different ways... [thumb] [lol] [:o] [huh] [glasses] [wis] [mellow] [tung] [sick]

#66 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:11 AM

[sick] Only if the cream is accidentally ingested, but who would eat that??

Anyway, it's now Tuesday morning. I forgot to watch. Was it on? Was it good? I am kicking myself now for not encoding it for everyone's viewing displeasure. :)

#67 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:01 PM

Oh, forgot to post here. It was moved to Tuesday night. The announcement on the home page was changed, but apparently I forgot to post an update here. My bad.

#68 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:09 PM

Does Jon Stewart work for NASA?

This is beginning to sound like a shuttle launch :))

#69 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:20 AM

It's 9:20 PM, less than two hours until the show airs. I have yet to receive a call telling me that the segment has been rescheduled {knock on wood}, so I think it's a go for tonight!

#70 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:06 AM

For those of us....OK I suppose just me who has a TV, but not cable i.e. it ain't hooked up, I don't suppose there will be any way to watch e.g. on the web...later?

#71 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:20 AM

It went very well. Jay, good job man, you were actually able to get a line in (which is quite remarkable considering the circumstances).

Only thing that I wasn't so happy about was them not putting the institute's URL at the bottom of the screen when he interviewed you.

#72 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:22 AM

Can I just say one thing? I HATE the Daily Show. Not for this segment, but for the show in general. [ang]

Anyway, I encoded it onto my computer, but it isn't much to write home about. If you really want, I will try to edit it down and email the segment, but Jay was really just used to tell a very bad joke. Nothing of substance was actually said.

#73 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:26 AM

Did he at least get a URL out?

#74 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:28 AM

Wow, am I boring on TV or what? But the "crazy doctor-like guy" was pretty cool!

#75 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:31 AM

They snuck a little bit more of you in during the credits too Jay.

#76 JMorgan

• 645 posts

They also made you look so small! [huh] Couldn't they zoom in a little?

#77 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

My wife was laughing at me for the half hour leading up to the show. I started getting a fever, my face got red, I was real jittery, and I had to get up and walk around a couple times.

Other than looking really bored and boring, I don't think the piece was bad at all. The only thing I didn't like is that he cut off my sentence early. The last sentence he has me saying is "If you're spending your money on supplements or vagina cream, your're probably wasting your money..."

Oo! More footage! Sorry, just saw more footage, some of the actually funny things we discussed.

#78 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:35 AM

Anyway, what I was saying was, he cut off my quote. Here's the whole quote:

"Spending your money on supplements or vagina cream in the hopes of living longer isn't going to pay off. You would be better off spending your money on real anti-aging charities such as MPrize.org"

I actually said "Em Prize Dot Org", the website name, in the hopes to plug it. But I guess they didn't let that through. Oh well.

#79 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:39 AM

Figures.

#80 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:44 AM

Okay, I edited the segment down. The entire vagina cream [huh] segment is 4:54 and is a little under 5mb. If anyone didn't see it and wants it, let me know and I will email it to you.

#81 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:46 AM

Also, if you missed it, the entire episode is scheduled to re-air at 1am ET tonite, 10am ET tomorrow, and 11:30pm ET after tomorrow night's episode.

#82 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:52 AM

yes, email me if you can

illuminatus[at]yahoo.com

#83 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:55 AM

The elbow cream sthik was quite funny also (yes, I like my humor crude).

#84 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:07 AM

Well, I've watched the segment and the Moment of Zen about four or five times each. Pretty funny, even if I am the stiffest-looking person I've ever seen on TV. But hey, it adds to the funny factor!

Anyway, I'm heading to bed...

#85 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:11 AM

Nice work, Jay! Susan, and I both think you did a professional job... the start of many more to come, I suspect.

#86 rillastate

• 83 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:17 AM

Crap...All the postponing of the segment coupled with me being so busy lately sort of got my mind away from looking out for this specific episode. I'll catch the 1:00am segment that'll be airing in like 45 min.

Also....to malchiah;

Anyway, I encoded it onto my computer, but it isn't much to write home about.  If you really want, I will try to edit it down and email the segment, but Jay was really just used to tell a very bad joke.  Nothing of substance was actually said.

Why do you HATE the daily show? I actually think it's one of the only programs on TV worth watching. That program, Discovery Science Channel, and C-Span, and Family Guy are the only stations/programs I can watch without kicking my TV and slamming my remote. I was just wondering what you hate about the Daily Show; can you share some of your thoughts?

#87 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:22 AM

Yeah, I also think the Daily Show rocks.

Discovery>check

Science Channel>check

C-Span>yawn

Family Guy>check

Add the Chappell show, Daily Show, and History channell to the list and I think that about covers it.

#88 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:23 AM

Ultimately, TV is never worth watching.

#89 rillastate

• 83 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:34 AM

so far so good. Seems they only used JayFox/imminst to emphasize how crazy the vaginal cream lady was. Seems they implied that if this guy, jay, believes in something like immortality, yet agrees that using vaginal cream for anti-aging is stupid, then this vaginal cream lady definately has some screws loose. Simply put, Jay was not the butt of the joke.

And in the moment of zen, they didn't discredit him. They actually showed him saying some sensible stuff...although they made it funny as hell.

#90 Cyto

• 1,096 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:52 AM

Ahhh, so thats what you look like! Looked good, set the hook. I would like to think that people could remember the Immortality Inst. and how to type it in the search bar.

That Betterhumans banner is shweet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users