* * * * * 1 votes

Piracetam and Brian Fog

racetam piracetam brain fog thinking brain nootropic

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lewis Carroll

• 170 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

Ok, before I begin... Yes, I have searched all over the forums regarding my problem; however, I have yet to find any solutions. 

SUMMARY: I'm getting brain fog (a side effect, I'm under the impression, that is normally due to Choline) from supplementing Piracetam regardless if I add Choline or not.

I first started taking Piracetam about 6 months ago. I originally purchased pills that had the racetam and choline mixed. I would have inconsistent results varying between headaches and brain fog. This led me to purchase bulk powders of the two so that I could experiment with exact, measured doses.

For the first couple weeks, I experimented with different doses, and I found that 3-6g of Piracetam with little to no Choline was ideal. I was having superb effects; fluid thinking and talking, sharper memory, and felt overall great.

However, after the first couple weeks, the positive side effects vanished, and I have been left with  brain fog and laggy thinking (when I consume the supplements). I've tried every combination of Piracetam/Choline. I've tried every suggestion I've found on the forums; Calcium, Fish or Krill Oil, B-Vitamins, ALCAR, Green Tea, etc. No matter what combination/stack I try, as soon as the Piracetam kicks in, I get some intense brain fog and laggy thinking for the duration of the time that the Piracetam is active/working.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I'm utterly stumped regarding further ideas. The initial benefits were so profound and beneficial, so I would love to figure out what the problem is.

Someone suggested taking Piracetam with Noopept. I have some ordered and on the way. I will see how that goes. The next step/suggestion I intend on experimenting with is simply switching to an alternative racetam. I had Aniracetam in mind.

Thanks,

Brian

Edited by MajinBrian, 04 June 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#2 sufi

• 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

Decrease your dosage. Racetams seem to got more effective and potent over time.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 RPD

• 16 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:45 AM

Does anyone know why racetams work and how? (Best link please) That knowledge could let side effects instruct us.

Given certain personal experience levels and a non-robotic scope of inquiry  it seems that ANY effective nootropic would eventually provoke its taker into making broad and deep pattern searches of their experience and acquired knowledge in an attempt to gain understanding or at least an inventory of probable cause hypotheses. This high inertia  process (laggy, long delay before the 'interupt queue' can be serviced ) takes time and probably solitude.The motive is that such an inventory of preparsed logic execution paths allows current and anticipated situations to be handled efficiently and so be quickly tested for the degree of accuracy and certainty.  Such 'prejudice' is only considered evil by those who would relegate you to a slave's thinking or perhaps prevent you from actually discovering the truth too quickly. 

Edited by RPD, 11 June 2014 - 02:04 AM.

#4 Joe Cohen

• 156 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

I just added your case report to my blog.  Please verify that you aren't one of the reports already listed.  If yes, i'll delete it. 

http://selfhacked.co..._Around_the_Web

I don't want to talk negatively about piracetam on this forum bec every time I do I get a shit load of down votes.

• dislike x 3

#5 Joe Cohen

• 156 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

Also an interesting article; http://journal.front...2014.00038/full

• dislike x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Joe Cohen

• 156 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Also an interesting article; http://journal.front...2014.00038/full

sorry, double clicked - same article can't delete post

Edited by Joe Cohen, 12 June 2014 - 06:17 PM.

• dislike x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: racetam, piracetam, brain fog, thinking, brain, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users