• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

why do some people glow?

charisma

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

I'm not sure what to expect in way of responses, but I'm curious as to what the intelligent people here have to say. Have you ever seem someone "stand out" more than others? They weren't necessarily good looking, but they seemed to "glow" or radiate in some inexplicable way. These people, for some reason, intrigue you; you're compelled to stare for longer than is socially appropriate. What is it these people possess? Charisma? But what exactly IS charisma?
  • like x 2

#2 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:54 AM

;) I know what you mean.

Edited by Luminosity, 10 June 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#3 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

Well, some would say that nurture has something to do with it. Only there are countless examples of people who did not grow up in nurturing environments who still 'glow'. 

I would say maybe they are on their penultimate karmic life cycle? 

In all seriousness though, look at the center of a being for more info on this. And even then you may still be perplexed. 

My suggestion? Don't worry about their glow, worry about finding yours. 

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

I think it is significantly influenced by a combination of positive body language and healthy complexion which generally reflect strong mental and physical health. I also have another hypothesis which you just prompted, so thanks for creating the space in which my thoughts might coagulate.

My experience with tai-chi has been that both lead to an increased positive response from others indicating some kind of change in personal magnetism. When I engage these practices on a regular basis, I can feel more energy flowing through my body, especially when doing tai chi or meditating. These are experiential facts which you can validate yourself with time invested. We know that the body essentially runs on energy gradients extracted from the environment eg food, oxygen etc and stored in the energy differentials within and between cells. This bioelectricity is a verified phenomenon with recent medical advances taking advantage of it by way of transcranial magnetic stimulation and pulsed magnetic field stimulation to increase healing rates. This energy gradient is what powers all cellular processes, it is very closely tied to overall health. We know that any moving current generates a field. We also know that the brain and nervous system communicate in part via electrical fields. Putting these facts together, it is reasonable to predict that organisms may have evolved the capacity to detect disturbances in the electrical field caused by other organisms, the specifics and intensity of which may be an indicator of someone's health, that is, the intensity of their bioelectric resources.
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 pheanix997

• Topic Starter
  • 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

I'd like to think it has a great deal to do with nurture, but take Bill Clinton for instance, he had to defend his mother against his physically abusive step father - an experience that would traumatize most people. So where does his charisma come from? I think it's generally a positive view of life - even its darkest aspects (which is key) - that can't help but radiate outward. Or maybe its a powerful sexual energy; we all know Clinton had that, and is considered by some biographers to have been hypomanic.
  • dislike x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1

#6 pheanix997

• Topic Starter
  • 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

I think it is significantly influenced by a combination of positive body language and healthy complexion which generally reflect strong mental and physical health. I also have another hypothesis which you just prompted, so thanks for creating the space in which my thoughts might coagulate.

My experience with tai-chi has been that both lead to an increased positive response from others indicating some kind of change in personal magnetism. When I engage these practices on a regular basis, I can feel more energy flowing through my body, especially when doing tai chi or meditating. These are experiential facts which you can validate yourself with time invested. We know that the body essentially runs on energy gradients extracted from the environment eg food, oxygen etc and stored in the energy differentials within and between cells. This bioelectricity is a verified phenomenon with recent medical advances taking advantage of it by way of transcranial magnetic stimulation and pulsed magnetic field stimulation to increase healing rates. This energy gradient is what powers all cellular processes, it is very closely tied to overall health. We know that any moving current generates a field. We also know that the brain and nervous system communicate in part via electrical fields. Putting these facts together, it is reasonable to predict that organisms may have evolved the capacity to detect disturbances in the electrical field caused by other organisms, the specifics and intensity of which may be an indicator of someone's health, that is, the intensity of their bioelectric resources.

I don't know much about this, but I have studied bioenergetics which states that a healthy, resilient person's body will glow and their eyes will shine; a depressed person's body will be lifeless and lack that special spark or fire or zest for life that we see in charismatics.

#7 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:40 AM

It is something that acting and music scouts/agents take into account, but which model scouts must train themselves to see through and ignore-

That is, in music and acting, a 'glow' matters. But, it is pure deception in the world of fashion modeling. It is an abstract social factor that makes someone seem more compelling and desirable in person, but this rarely translates to superior editorials and campaign pics. That is why, in modeling, it is often the most boring types who take the best iconic photographs. Just takes a certain appearance and knack for posing and getting into the photo shoot mindset.

Yeah, I realize that was more model-centered than you were probably looking for, but it matters because the world of modeling is visual and a good model scout can't be fooled by social effects such as a 'glow', or else they will not succeed as scouts.

Few would argue that Kate Moss was a not beautiful super model in her prime, and she isn't totally devoid of an interesting personality. But, by all accounts, other than her pure physical beauty, she would hardly have been described as someone who 'glowed' in person in the sense described by the opening poster. But, here she is in photographs. She certainly glows in pictures. So, a person at a party looking for someone with an in-person glow for the next Calvin Klein campaign ad might pass right over her. But someone trained to look for visual-only cues and get past the nonsense of perceived 'coolness' and 'glow' and so on might pick right up on her potential:

tumblr_mbvqqtUflN1r06q46o1_500.jpg

Edited by Brafarality, 11 June 2014 - 06:02 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#8 serp777

• 622 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:58 AM

Uhhhh, all matter in the universe glows. All alive humans give off black body radiation in the form of infrared

• Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#9 YOLF

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:33 AM

I think this phenomena is a result of our culture being out of alignment with nature. For instance, men are constantly told that a certain type of woman is hot, yet this might not reflect their personal attractions. It's not one size fits all. Where you find someone who radiates more, their body (or in some cases personality) is what you like, and you need to adjust your understanding of your attractions and get rid of the expectations and assumptions that were made for you. 

• like x 1

#10 pheanix997

• Topic Starter
  • 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

I think this phenomena is a result of our culture being out of alignment with nature. For instance, men are constantly told that a certain type of woman is hot, yet this might not reflect their personal attractions. It's not one size fits all. Where you find someone who radiates more, their body (or in some cases personality) is what you like, and you need to adjust your understanding of your attractions and get rid of the expectations and assumptions that were made for you. 

True, but what about people who glow to all? 

#11 YOLF

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Universal attraction, a fame conspiracy, or both?

#12 Bubbles

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:11 AM

OP don't woryr I know what happened to you.

One summer day, you were running on your way to home, and without drinking any water in that heat, you started feeling dizzy. When you finally arrive near your house, you saw your rival or enemy in there, running just like you, glowing in the sun like a gladiator. but you don't know that you do glow too. just that, not as much. why? it's because you need to take this following combo: zinc + vitamin e + omega 3 + moringa (must take powder form, 1 big spoon serve) + idebenone (reverses skin damage, optional) + Imedeen (pricey, might do the whole job, optional) + resveratrol (optional) + coenzime q10 (but i don't recommend to abuse this) + eat a shit ton of random fruits and veggies + go once to a beauty saloon, even if you are a male, and go for a black pore removal.. or at least as much as they can squeeze and clear your face of impurities. 

Make sure you get your iron from food sources, as you have to keep your hair healthy too. A healthy hair and a healthy skin can only amplify each others beauty more and more. Sure, body and face lotions, that's up to you. But you can try a few from that combo list above, and if you stick to it, you'll GLOW like a m*ther f%*kin' Twillight vampire  :laugh:

• dislike x 2

#13 pheanix997

• Topic Starter
  • 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

OP don't woryr I know what happened to you.

One summer day, you were running on your way to home, and without drinking any water in that heat, you started feeling dizzy. When you finally arrive near your house, you saw your rival or enemy in there, running just like you, glowing in the sun like a gladiator. but you don't know that you do glow too. just that, not as much. why? it's because you need to take this following combo: zinc + vitamin e + omega 3 + moringa (must take powder form, 1 big spoon serve) + idebenone (reverses skin damage, optional) + Imedeen (pricey, might do the whole job, optional) + resveratrol (optional) + coenzime q10 (but i don't recommend to abuse this) + eat a shit ton of random fruits and veggies + go once to a beauty saloon, even if you are a male, and go for a black pore removal.. or at least as much as they can squeeze and clear your face of impurities. 

Make sure you get your iron from food sources, as you have to keep your hair healthy too. A healthy hair and a healthy skin can only amplify each others beauty more and more. Sure, body and face lotions, that's up to you. But you can try a few from that combo list above, and if you stick to it, you'll GLOW like a m*ther f%*kin' Twillight vampire  :laugh:

Thank you for your response! 

I should probably clarify that by "glow," I essentially mean charisma. I'm not really referring to glowing in the literal sense, i.e. radiant skin, etc. I just mean the character of some people seem to draw you in; there's a magnetic aura that surrounds some people. What makes these people stand out? Charisma doesn't necessarily imply extreme physical attractiveness, or high moral goodness - the person just seems to have a "soul," for lack of a better word (please note I'm an atheist). 

#14 Bubbles

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

Oh, now I get it, sorry! I was so baked when I wrote that, I apologize.

What you have is what I am told to have, although I never really cared much about it since I can see I have it. Usually, I could say that charisma is not something you luckily stuck with, but it's more something that appears out of a complexion of skills as well as flaws. Usually, what I think it makes me charismatic according to what people tells me throughout the yeas, is that I am always in a good mood, capable somehow of transmitting the others that charismatic air which is made out of several ingredients like being funny, have self confidence, social skills... you could analyze your life and improve on the things you lack. Theoretically, charisma will appear/born in you when your positive traits meet at a certain med-high level. It's more of a theory than science, obviously, but it's a theory that follows logic somewhat.

• like x 1

#15 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

I've personally never seen this phenomena. I've heard it described by other people but never have I seen a person who I personally think is charismatic or who I am abnormally prone to pay attention to. Except of course a beautiful girl or an extremely muscular male.

Edited by The Immortalist, 21 July 2014 - 11:16 PM.

#16 pheanix997

• Topic Starter
  • 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

Oh, now I get it, sorry! I was so baked when I wrote that, I apologize.

What you have is what I am told to have, although I never really cared much about it since I can see I have it. Usually, I could say that charisma is not something you luckily stuck with, but it's more something that appears out of a complexion of skills as well as flaws. Usually, what I think it makes me charismatic according to what people tells me throughout the yeas, is that I am always in a good mood, capable somehow of transmitting the others that charismatic air which is made out of several ingredients like being funny, have self confidence, social skills... you could analyze your life and improve on the things you lack. Theoretically, charisma will appear/born in you when your positive traits meet at a certain med-high level. It's more of a theory than science, obviously, but it's a theory that follows logic somewhat.

Bingo. What you said about a combination of skills and flaws - I think that's the biggest thing.What makes someone like, say, Richard Branson, charismatic is that he's a masterful entrepreneur who also suffers from dyslexia and other learning challenges. His talents make him admirable, but his difficulties bring him down to earth. Or maybe it's because of his life-long overcoming of his learning challenges that have gifted him with such an indomitable spirit.

So maybe charismatic people are survivors in a sense - of whatever particular difficulty/ tragedy/ misfortune they've had to overcome. And this "conquering" is what makes them strong and radiate with quiet optimism. Although some posters above have said it's due to nurturing, I don't think that's the full story: a person with a great upbringing would be very pleasant to be around, but I don't think it'd necessarily make them enigmatic. 

• like x 1

#17 Bubbles

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

I've personally never seen this phenomena. I've heard it described by other people but never have I seen a person who I personally think is charismatic or who I am abnormally prone to pay attention to. Except of course a beautiful girl or an extremely muscular male.

I CAN EXPLAIN YOU HOW TO BE CHARISMATIC HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN CHARISMA, BUT you'll need to try to understand what I'm trying to say without finding absurd or amusing, my examples. Just follow the point until it hits you! Keep reading:

This makes me realize that charisma is usually a niche which is on the internet highly "informative-wanted", but in real life, besides the fact that we never really mention this word in our daily life, we encounter moments when we hear someone saying about another person (or other about you etc), it's not being seen by the others as a WOW or a OMG.... in cases where wow would be a response to people hearing out that you've made it on your final exam/finding a mate/getting that job/kicking someone's ass   or the latter if they hear something quite specifically to such a reaction. When we hear about someone having charisma, we simply have a strange taste that is made out of envy and liking very much in the same time. Usually if you envy someone, you force yourself into not liking him, and if you like him, any envy is easily passed (most cases).

And there is also the fact that you might not agree at all or/nor give a shite with the fact someone or even you have charisma.

THEREFORE, we have a situation:

People don't seem to care about it in real life, but they do want it. They do want it because actually hearing from other and many people throughout the years, it will make you realize that you are charismatic. Now what happens, is that charismatic traits are made out of several qualities & skills. Every single person has all the skills and qualities in the world, just that some of them are more developed that others. There is a first 'house' of qualities that it usually more balanced and more common in people, like laughing often and make others laugh without making yourself a fool obviously, and so on. The second 'house' goes by all the other skills, that few really have them and know how to use them, such as the ability to be a top notch stand up comedian, or how to be so sarcastic that it makes you a sexy walking meat for the chicks.

I know you are lost, but believe me I'm way more lost. This strain is pretty neat.

So to resume my point, what happens is that when you think you are being just a little charismatic - just knowing (by proof helps tremendously) and acknowledging it, you light the fire and there's plenty of room to improve.

People don't know it, but basically CHARISMA is something that is similar in appearance, but quite different in "composition". 

FIRST MISTAKE that people do in order to try and achieve their charisma, is to copy some funny alpha guy, usually an actor who they can watch on youtube and in movies. That's not the way. Charisma is something fragile but it stays with you forever. 

In order to create your personal charisma, that will eventually look like any other typical charisma (so don't worry about "it's not enough thing"), you need to find your best qualities. After you found them, you realize that only one or two of your qualities/skills are high enough or at least potential for further improvement WITH hope as well. You need to focus on them, but only 2 ingredients doesn't make a soup. So move on and remember that every single of us, has a different perception in nearly everything, even taste as you know it, but including way of using words and exchanges a dialogue with someone else. Therefore, DO NOT follow a formula from the internet that tells you exactly what charisma is! some of those skills mentioned in there, are for some people very hard to develop, and mostly due to other problems.

You need follow your own perception of what charisma is to you, what charisma means for other people, how is charisma going to change you + if you are willing to change for her. And here is the whole final ending deal. You need to follow you perception about charisma, and improve on your best qualities and skills. People with talents, or having a talent for a certain thing, it means that you have the levels of that quality/skill raised through the roof!! It can be good and ~bad as well.

How Charisma Works and How to Obtain it:

So you need to work on several skills in such a way that they are in GREAT SYNERGY! For example, let's take an alpha male. Now he does not know nor care that he has a charisma, but in his case, due to the fact that he is an alpha male, in most cases some of his best qualities/skills would be knowing how to socialize and leave a pleasant mark with anyone + being funny + good in bed + gym body + passionate about cars + -hates his job + good with ladies + -/+ has a LOT of different friends) (all these are not what exactly makes an alpha male, because as i said, all of them combined could fit to the traits of an alpha male and good to call it charisma, while alone, it wouldn't. I enumerated random parts.)

So, this guy has more qualities and flaws then mentioned in there, but those alone are what makes him also charismatic. His own personal soup.

Now,  the fact that his levels in socializing are up, he got a lot of friends. With such a large group of friends, you tend to have a more social life, since you're going to a bunch of random places to do stuff~ Most people usually notice when someone is having a lot of their friends in common with the x charismatic guy, while you still don't know him, besides the fact he has even more. So while meeting so many people on a daily basis, the chances are pretty big of finding some women to date too..  So with his body of the gym and his car and he managed to get an interest from 10 (chick),but that was only an 'entry'. but he isn't that type of rich guy who is stupid and a show off.. this simply happened. Because he knows how to socialize, and also knows how to hit on them and finish the day like a hero. But that would make him go to work with a hangover and blame his state on the job. As he stays on his job, he talks on FB all day long with his friends, starting to hate his job more due to stealing life.

To understand it better, that specific set of skills and qualities (including bad ones) are what creates charisma. Because that formation will work the same way the next time as well, just that it can always have different outcomes, but it always works in synergy, giving you charisma. Charisma sustains everything, and everything you do, you do much better. if for some reason you don't have charisma formatted in you, then simply think of disrupted molecules wandering around in your body. If you would be paranoid, depressive, drug addict, living in misery, bipolar or suicidal... that would create a personal charisma for a mass murderer or an overdose death. But that's not what charisma looks like, it's something else, that's why it's important for you to know what it means, and to understand how the others perceive it and how you perceive it, and have the vision of how it can change you and if you are willing to start the change first, towards it)This would go off-topic, but most people can't really see that we can actually create psychological molecules of certain states, that usually affects moods, but also about the way we respond in certain situations).

• dislike x 1
  • Well Written x 1

#18 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

There is a Podcast I've been listening to for years that's totally devoted to exhaustively quantify charisma and science behind it. They interview a bunch of psychology experts, researchers, etc. It's definitely made me glow...

mza_5763871981581239838.170x170-75.jpg

Check it out https://itunes.apple...d212382281?mt=2

Edited by jroseland, 03 October 2014 - 07:43 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#19 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

There is a person at my place of work with a sign that reads "happiness is a choice." that person glows.... But happiness is brain chemistry and a splash of circumstance.

#20 Jeff McJackoff

• 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

There's two possibilities, maybe others.

1. The person, is somehow so not involved in ego and stuff. That they love all unconditionally,etc (all that good stuff)

2. Then there's the other people who are psycho's who are full of ego and charismatic.

#21 Russ Maughan

• 167 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:13 AM

My guess would be an interminttently perfect central nervous system. We like to think we are not that highly evolved yet but we kind of are. Smaller more efficient brains are pretty common now. Todays modern man probably first started showing up around 10,000 years ago. When a person like that can devoid themselves of any and all negative thoughts and abandon focus in favor of comprehension of self and place they feel shiney. Reflexes go way up too.

Edited by Russ Maughan, 23 March 2015 - 09:17 AM.

#22 Babol

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

Maybe it depends of the way they were raised? their inner state and ego. And many others things

#23 Maosef

• 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

Not an expert in any way about this but I remember hearing some place that human brains visually process other peoples' faces very intensely, distinctly from how it processes other visual data and remembers them far better, you can spot friends/family in crowds for example. . Maybe the people you are attracted to will be given a little extra something by your brain or maybe it is just some kind of error like deja vu.

As I said, just speculating but I have experienced the phenomenon you are talking about.

Edited by Maosef, 04 July 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#24 pheanix997

• Topic Starter
  • 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

My guess would be an interminttently perfect central nervous system. We like to think we are not that highly evolved yet but we kind of are. Smaller more efficient brains are pretty common now. Todays modern man probably first started showing up around 10,000 years ago. When a person like that can devoid themselves of any and all negative thoughts and abandon focus in favor of comprehension of self and place they feel shiney. Reflexes go way up too.

What do you mean by "in favor of comprehension of self"... as in a person with charisma is more self-aware, self-reflective, etc.? 

#25 Russ Maughan

• 167 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

I do not refer to ones personality, no. Self is much more. We are all at least a tiny bit connected by gravity/time/memory. We process data both empirically and dynamically at the same time in concert with our environment/lower animals/other people, even inanimate objects if ones sense of humor needs a fillip :) (like this dumb computer huh)

Mystics paint the universe their way, as do scientists and laymen. I hesitate to use suggestive words like charisma unless I am alluding to some obscure point. Nothing that obscure about shiney people. You might boil it down to this: people like being liked.

#26 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:07 PM

I have read through this post and I agree with most of the replies.
I will take the title literally, after my own personal experiences from seeing myself glow yellow whilst I managed to open my eyes in the middle of a transcendental state. I was healing at that period of my life.
Phosphorus elements in the flesh can make us glow in the dark, but it's very much deeper phenomenon than is often proposed by some main stream scientists.
In a pitch black room, or a dimly light place, different colours of light can be observed over different areas of the body. There are some criterias to be able to see the light and of course to light up!
When the bodly tissues are saturated in a good balance of minerals and ones potential emotional energy are plentiful then you will light up. If you are clogged up with Flourides, Lead, Mercury, Aluminium, etc then cell energy is hampered, you will come over as spiritually dull, but may light up if excited.
All that glitters is not Gold. The light emitted is an organic light, it is of a higher frequency and altered waveform compared to most light sources. When one is very calm and content the brain/spine response becomes super sensitive to organic light.
Light therapy was a very popular and real system in the last century, it's old but not forgotten. It was outlawed by the psychopathic, Rockerfella owned, corporations to make profit through the promotion of the synthetic medical system we now get forced upon us.
So to see the light one has to ideally be healthy and feel content in a righteous manner. The righteous manner, seen as arrogance, is more of a side effect of having ones mind operate healthily, it happens if you eat a balanced diet(to obtain salts of the Earth, Vitamins, Amino Acids, Oils, etc), get fresh air and some light.
Think of your sensitivity as a magnetic field, stuff reflects onto you, you pick up the variance of the field through the body. As belief walls fall ones skills become endless, excitement is often the key, but be warned and take heed, karma tempers all who are not truly justified. I leave it up to you, there are many paths and no short cuts, even with DMT! If you ain't calm then the small variations will not be noticed, or the energy signiture by the stimulation can not find it's way to be meaningful to your mind. Either way you won't know or care for the information, this don't include psychological responses to seeing socialogically prefered mates(Sexy women).
Emotion and light are linked, the skills to see are self evident, but generally speaking modern life is encouraged to be monkey see, monkey do! I spent the first 25 years of my life using monkey see, monkey do only to find after a course of CamMags and D3 amongst other food and intense training, that we are sensitve well beyond expectation. I found meanings to many of life experiences, lifes a trip.

#27 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:18 PM

I think because of organic lights nature it makes spectral analysis difficult, because we expect to see the colours from the rainbow. Our brains and eyes can see, but there are cameras(not as rare as you may think!). Harry Oldfield uses the angle of deflections of light to discern the images and areas that cause sensitive polarisations of things in space. Now read it back to comprehend my last sentence, or spend a few hours familiarising yourself with his work (He is good).

#28 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

You may wonder why this thread is in the Philosophy section, I guess we didn't want to upset the current scientific status quo lol
Some say it's because this sort of thing is not repeatable everytime, but so is the sad subject of the Hadron Collider lol, but that is a massive curiosity for some investors and other attached massives lol. There's too much data captain.......beam me up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users