* * * * - 1 votes

How do I change the super deep beliefs?

belief depression

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

I have tried many techniques everything from hypnosis, subliminals, nlp meditation to deal with depression.

If feels like everything just provides superficial changes. I have also had threapy such as CBT, but to superficial level.

But for one thing mindfulness meditation has cleared some noise allowing to see more of my deeper issues.

The bottom line is very simply "i am not worth it".

Anytime anyone tries to respond with the usual comments positive comments I feel like telling them "don't bs me, no I am not". I have more respect for people who just up front and honestly tell me things like "your a mediocre person at best" "you will not amount to anything" "you don't have anything going for you", they are more sincere in their reponses.

On the flip side this clarity of accepting this has  made sucidal feelings a lot less.

This self acceptance lifts some of the depression and anxiety, it's only when I try to think otherwise is when more of the negative feelings flare up. It is as if I have no supporting experiences, memories to support the "I am worth it, I am confident, I will succeed etc" beliefs.

I also had to accept that as a result i will continue to be that loner, have poor career options, never amount to anything.

So the question is how does one change that primal deep core belief without using any surface superficial stuff?

Edited by vtrader, 01 July 2014 - 10:10 AM.

• Good Point x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

#2 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

Well are you good at anything? I think that a lot of deep beliefs comes from bad experience at young age. If you work hard at something and get positive attention for it, e.g painting, acting, sports etc... and feel that you deserve the praise. Then I think that over time, you self- values will change. 

Think competence!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 vtrader

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

Time, I'm in my mid 30's, not good at anything, no accomplishments, just going from one dead end job to another, never been academically good, socially a loner, always been single......it goes on.

Watching your peers, even people younger then you making progress in life leaps ahead of you, well it is what it is.

I ran some thought experiments, imagine waking up not remembering anything about the past, what would you do, what would you feel?

If I did not know what things such as success or failure meant what would it stop me, nothing?

Imagine waking up without any fears of life?

#4 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

Do you have an education? In your profile is written, that you are from London. London needs alot of working force. Find a job, better correlating to your education, try to work it better with the time (develope yourself in this direction).

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#5 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Time, I'm in my mid 30's, not good at anything, no accomplishments, just going from one dead end job to another, never been academically good, socially a loner, always been single......it goes on.

Watching your peers, even people younger then you making progress in life leaps ahead of you, well it is what it is.

I ran some thought experiments, imagine waking up not remembering anything about the past, what would you do, what would you feel?

If I did not know what things such as success or failure meant what would it stop me, nothing?

Imagine waking up without any fears of life?

Any interest's? Do you like doing anything?

#6 Nemo888

• 214 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

The only cure for you is helping others. The harder the work the better. You have been cursed with a conscience. One that cannot be fooled with empty affirmations or self deciet. Once you start doing good things you will think you are a good person.
  • like x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#7 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

The only cure for you is helping others. The harder the work the better. You have been cursed with a conscience. One that cannot be fooled with empty affirmations or self deciet. Once you start doing good things you will think you are a good person.

You can be fucking mother Theresa and still feel like a shitty person. Yes helping others can make you feel better, but not always. 

@TS. I think you should let go of ideas that has been fed to you like you should feel that you are great etc. Most people feel like shit and they do so for a reason. If you hit the gym, start working out, find new interests and hobbies where you can excel then you should feel better about yourself. I think that you demand a lot from yourself and you aren't prepared to invest time and energy in to doing things or the hard work. 

If you are miserable then use it! Pick something, anything! MMA, Muay Thai, Strength Training, painting, acting, singing! Go back to school and get a new degree. Change your style and buy some new clothes. 

You don't need to be happy to start, you don't need to think that you should feel that you are great, good or any of that narcissistic pop- psychological bullshit! Fuck passion man, it's about hard work, it's always about hard work. Do you really think that sports athletes who get up at 4 o´clock in the morning feeling undernourished and barely had any sleep to go running do so because they feel great? I don't think so. It's about self- control, self- determination, self- investment, agony, pain and all those sacrifices that you have to do. 

Man I have been depressed! I almost had a full blown anxiety attack and have been felling like I'm going to snap or have some kind of meltdown. I picked up a rehab regime for my back and it was hell going through it because of the heavy dark cloud that was hanging over me. It took forever to complete it. I was crying on several moments. But I was determined to complete it. and I am glad I did. Now I have finished it twice and am going to do it again. My physio told me 4 times a week but I only have energy to do it twice. So that's what I'm doing. Slowly I'm building up and then I am joining a got damn gym. 

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#8 vtrader

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

Thank you for your feedback.

I agree, intention to be better and a willingness to change your mind helps. For example I tried one of those hypnosis sessions(alpha confidence, self esteem, attractive, smart etc) that some people I know have had good results with, but for me all I felt like was screaming "no I am not that f%^ing, it bs.". On some of them I had a knee jerk reaction.

Some days I just want to scream to everyone "leave me the f^&k alone".

It is like those postive beliefs are completely alien to me, that just do not exist, they are in the same realm as my becoming a billionaire in the near future.

I do exercise(weights, bw, rowing) eat clean as possible, drink water, meditate read positive books. With hobbies, I just don't have any interests anymore, don't really give a damn. 

At best all these get me to is a calm stage of self acceptance. I get to a point where I have no problem telling people that I am mediocre, not that intelligent, not accomplished, prefer being a loner and not feel bad about it.

#9 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Thank you for your feedback.

I agree, intention to be better and a willingness to change your mind helps. For example I tried one of those hypnosis sessions(alpha confidence, self esteem, attractive, smart etc) that some people I know have had good results with, but for me all I felt like was screaming "no I am not that f%^ing, it bs.". On some of them I had a knee jerk reaction.

Some days I just want to scream to everyone "leave me the f^&k alone".

It is like those postive beliefs are completely alien to me, that just do not exist, they are in the same realm as my becoming a billionaire in the near future.

I do exercise(weights, bw, rowing) eat clean as possible, drink water, meditate read positive books. With hobbies, I just don't have any interests anymore, don't really give a damn. 

At best all these get me to is a calm stage of self acceptance. I get to a point where I have no problem telling people that I am mediocre, not that intelligent, not accomplished, prefer being a loner and not feel bad about it.

Looks like something is telling you that you should be this amazing person but the reality is that nobody is. Fuck positivism, it doesn't work, it's all hippiebullshit! I think that if you are a positive person and have positivity as a trait, then that's an advantage. But if you are a negative person then I don't think you can change that, there is a reason for you being one. I am one, it's what makes me tick. 

Hypnosis doesn't work, self- esteem is bullcrap, being attractive, PUA, it's all a bunch of crap made for people who intent to be delusional enough to drift to escapism and daydreams about life. I'm not saying that dreams are bad or even having daydreams, but it doesn't intend life. Ever heard the quote "you have to be awake to chase your dreams". Dreams can orient you to goals. But if you just want to dream then you are bound to being a dreamer. 

If you don't have interests any more then what do you want? Do you want to do something new? something that makes you use your negative traits in to something positive? Hate, anger, negativism can inspire a lot of work. Think of all the artists, think of all the athletes. 

And being mediocre is not bad, what does that even mean? That you are content with your life!? Is that a bad thing? Although I don't understand why you should tell people that? Fuck them, live your life! 

I don't know your gender. But I think that some men crave destructive forces in their lives. Its about accepting life and death. 

If you really feel clinically bad or depressed, or have some kind of phobia/neurosis, then dont hesitate. go see a pro. But don't let anything tell you that you are wrong just because you are feeling a certain way. There is a big agenda out there with a great salespitch, but it's only created so you will feel that something is wrong and that you need to buy this do that and all that shit so they can MAKE MONEY! 

Edited by Brainfogged, 03 July 2014 - 10:10 PM.

• Agree x 1

#10 vtrader

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Positive/negative thinking, well there is a much higer state, which is a higer calling, a sense of eternal truth. 

The opposite of depression is fearless self-expression, that is what I want. The irony of that is you got to have a certain detachment of meaning of external influences such as opinons and social conditioning.

#11 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Positive/negative thinking, well there is a much higer state, which is a higer calling, a sense of eternal truth. 

The opposite of depression is fearless self-expression, that is what I want. The irony of that is you got to have a certain detachment of meaning of external influences such as opinons and social conditioning.

I don't know man. Not caring about opinions and expressing yourself "truly" sounds like that crazy deluded guy who's screaming at everyone. ;)

Ok! So you have a goal in your life. I think that sometimes we do have a goal for ourselves and if we aren't taking steps towards that goal we become depressed or can't obsessively stop thinking about it. Make a plan on how you should get there. 

I think that sometimes we confuse highly socially intelligent people, who are honest with themselves, with something spiritual. It sounds to me that you have issues with self- expression and that you feel overwhelmed socially, and thus become self-conscious. 

Negative talk and non constructive feedback from your surrounding is never good. But some criticism is good for you! Don't confuse critique with being a hater.

I think that you should try something as acting and toastmasters. You can't get there by thinking or meditating about it, although meditation can help.You need to step out there and do shit to grow, the environmental forces shapes you and makes you a person who is growing. You need to decide which direction you are taking. A therapist can be good for support here. :happy:

Look some classes up, surround yourself with people etc... Force yourself to be there! Even the bad can be good sometimes and sometimes the good can be bad. But that's for you to think about when you look back. Just make sure you are standing at that point when, and that you are not stuck! 

#12 ADVANCESSSS

• 353 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

Each of us is all emotions, right now I'm a cool god, and then a cute girl, and also importantly you have to realize and from my profile that you want to stay alive forever and get the best most exciting things like heaven and your girl, and like my profile says that if no god then we all should be trying to find a way to live forever....you don't seem to realize the tasty foods and most attractive girl to "you" which looks alike and both have long hair and the places in the heaven that can be made to be in, your thinking is really redicuolus.........

• Disagree x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#13 ADVANCESSSS

• 353 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

What ya disagree about brainfogged what, say it lol?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#14 serp777

• 622 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

THe simple fact is that worth is a meaningless human construct in order to help humans quantify the world around them. 

Worth depends on perspective and is extremely relative. In some contexts, 99.999% of humans are worthless, but in others, such as religion, all humans have maximum worth.

Some worth is determined by the monetary value of your life, or perhaps by deeds done, or perhaps the fullness of the life you have lived. 

Either way there is really no such thing as inherent worth, just like there is no universal frame of reference from which to view relativity events.

Beliefs are also inherently dumb as well. I think the main issue you should be addressing is why you consider beliefs to be important and essential for your existence. What matters is reality, not the world you have constructed in your head.

Simply dispense beliefs if they are wrong or disagreeable. 

Edited by serp777, 07 July 2014 - 12:21 AM.

#15 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

What ya disagree about brainfogged what, say it lol?

It's just a bunch of nonsense that doesn't make any sense. I agree that we are largely steered by our emotions, and that our beliefs are bound to those feelings. But sometimes we need to do things even if we are feeling like doing the total opposite. I don't care about living forever, I mean if you feel like shit, what kind of life is that? I think that it's the quality of life that is important and that living forever, has a deeper meaning to it, I think it's a philosophical question, rather than actually physically being immortal.

THe simple fact is that worth is a meaningless human construct in order to help humans quantify the world around them. 

Worth depends on perspective and is extremely relative. In some contexts, 99.999% of humans are worthless, but in others, such as religion, all humans have maximum worth.

Some worth is determined by the monetary value of your life, or perhaps by deeds done, or perhaps the fullness of the life you have lived. 

Either way there is really no such thing as inherent worth, just like there is no universal frame of reference from which to view relativity events.

Beliefs are also inherently dumb as well. I think the main issue you should be addressing is why you consider beliefs to be important and essential for your existence. What matters is reality, not the world you have constructed in your head.

I haven't come further than this point in my life so I just can speculate. I think that we humans have a inner narrative, a gift, that sperates us from living on impulses. I like to believe that we do have a choice. If we are going all absract saying; what's the point, there is no frame or referencepoint, than what do we have left? Should we just accept the conditioning that shaped us for the bad, "of who we are"? What I am trying to say is, then what? What comes after that? You really dont think that changing your beliefs - - if they are bad - - is important here?

If there is no inherent worth, then there is no inherent worthlessness either. 

But there is a relative referencepoint for us humans, socially! We all have a hard time separating our inner world with our external world so what reality is and what we sometimes have deeply ingrained in us is hard to separate from. 

Simply, I wish it was that easy! 

I am projecting my own troubles too much on this thread. I dont know what reasons TS has for having negative inner believes about himself. I just know that I myself am very troubled these day's. I really don't know if everything is just a biological contruct and if our social conditioning is just a product of it, good or bad. Then it truly lies living on impulses. I don't know if I am right about the mirrorself theory either. 

I wish there was some honest answers. But I have been thinking about these things for more than a decade. I ask my friends what they think about such concepts as self esteem, confidence , beliefs etc.. Sometimes I just get a bunch of nonsense answers. But an answer that often times comes up is: self- espression, which means, working on something, doing things, sharpening your skills etc. One friend just said; "when I don't work, my self esteem is an all time low, when I work and come home to meet my friends and talk about my day, I feel good." I think we all like to feel that we are a part of something. It's important! 

Doing things for ourselves gives us purpose and meaning, but it also means work. I recently discovered the concept of true self esteem which Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi talks about. I dont really know what it means but I'm going to read his books. perhaps there is something there for TS.   

Edited by Brainfogged, 07 July 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#16 ADVANCESSSS

• 353 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

We are not molecules and acting out, we are conscious and know it and can choose also, also look at my profile and again see the awesome things being the best and best for you that are highly exciting...living forever in tHAt awesomeness is indeed too great and wanted, ya living forever...

#17 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

I have tried many techniques everything from hypnosis, subliminals, nlp meditation to deal with depression.

If feels like everything just provides superficial changes. I have also had threapy such as CBT, but to superficial level.

But for one thing mindfulness meditation has cleared some noise allowing to see more of my deeper issues.

The bottom line is very simply "i am not worth it".

Anytime anyone tries to respond with the usual comments positive comments I feel like telling them "don't bs me, no I am not". I have more respect for people who just up front and honestly tell me things like "your a mediocre person at best" "you will not amount to anything" "you don't have anything going for you", they are more sincere in their reponses.

On the flip side this clarity of accepting this has  made sucidal feelings a lot less.

This self acceptance lifts some of the depression and anxiety, it's only when I try to think otherwise is when more of the negative feelings flare up. It is as if I have no supporting experiences, memories to support the "I am worth it, I am confident, I will succeed etc" beliefs.

I also had to accept that as a result i will continue to be that loner, have poor career options, never amount to anything.

So the question is how does one change that primal deep core belief without using any surface superficial stuff?

For me Vipassana meditation in rigorous 10 day courses to some extent did change deep down core beliefs. That much, I really got fascinated by the thought how far that would take me if practiced full-time in one of those forest meditation monasteries in Burma, where these techniques got revived the last century.

There having to come to terms with my abysses before suppressed my whole life, and unconsciously having directed my life in all possible non-mediated circumstances, motivated me to stay on and to practice for 2 years. What helped me beyond the superficial stuff was the permanent and consistent perception of impermanence in everything seen, heard, touched, smelled, tasted, felt or thought. And therefore particular unsatisfactoriness, not owed by me, or even being my self - in anything experienced. What a relieve :happy:

However, not really ready for the monastic life, I left back to the west. My primal deep core beliefs are still with me, but now they are not really mine anymore, more like those of a good old friend, which helps immensely already. And there are other for example ecstatic states neither really owed by me - but nevertheless giving much, much more fluidity to what I believed what I would be.

PS: For having a tool to at least somehow share those experiences, I made a course in Focusing therapy, which with its process-orientedness shared many signs to what happens in Vipassana-meditation. But with even about 1000 hours in Focusing, I've to admit, I'm still far away from those deep down psychosises I had to come to terms with in meditation, and which nevertheless shape our everyday believes/experiences.

About the importance of shaping beliefs/perceptions, just came across these 2 videos from a different perspective:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mq_QJVaINT0

Part 2

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LQuSY-eT02Y

Edited by pamojja, 07 July 2014 - 11:55 AM.

• dislike x 1

#18 vtrader

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

Thank you all.

Fearless self expression, that deep feeling of gratitude and joy that flows unhibitated. That feeling where music sounds good, food tastes good, when you look at another human being you just feel a grateful connection withthem. That feeling when you just feeling like dancing when you listen to music. Problems just seem just some thing to take action against not a huge emotional luggage.

Concepts such as self-esteem and confidence just melt into just being.

you feel just forgiveness for all those who feel like have wronged you. You don't care how little the world thinks of you, instead all you feel is appreciation and wish others the best in life.

to be continued

• Agree x 1

#19 Ames

• 361 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:55 PM

1. Most important: Get a meaningful career. The number one career, for people without a useful education, that I tend to recommend is law enforcement. Ignore proable common preconceptions about the career and just do it. It won't be perfect, but it'll provide you with something to be good at and with support both now and in retirement. Hurry up, though, Tick tock. The cut-off is generally after 37 or so. In the USA, I would recommend the State Police over Municipal Police. I'm not sure what the UK equivelant might be. Get into something, though, either way. In law enforcement, the basic trade is a certain amount of (likely very low) risk of harm for a stable career. The harm risk replaces the education component in the job market value/reward heirarchy, enabling you to demand respectable pay without being an expert in something that would require an aacademmic pursuit. It's as good-to-great a deal as is available in the job market.

2. Read something along these lines:

http://www.amazon.co...rds=self esteem

http://www.amazon.co...ds=self therapy

3. Once you get a good job with benefits, like law enforcement provides, consider therapy (after you've been hired - don't lose your career option because of therapy). If you think you have something akin to PTSD, find a therapist that specializes in that. You sound as if you've been rejected and abused quite a bit, and so that diagnosis is a definite possibility. If you enjoy the second book that I recommended, find a therapist that is familiar with Internal Family Systems Therapy. If you have med insurance now, get into therapy now.

4. Try and self-analyze as to what keeps you distant from people. Be critical. Read books and consult your therapist on these issues. Amazon book search, and professional guidance, are your friends.

Edited by golgi1, 25 July 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#20 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

*well I guess I am screwed then aren't I,  being 40 and done with in your opinion.   Luckily I refuse to listen to this nay saying re my age,   because I won't just curl up and die.   Apparently I am very very hard to kill.....think Rasputin!   An abusive boyfriend,  a scary attack 20 years ago,   years and years of self-abuse from eating disorder and drugs.....jeez I must be hard to kill  (I've been told this before but now that i think about it,   wow.)   Look,   we are all but specks on this planet.   Even the most brilliant really isn't that far IQ-wise from the "norm."   Whatever you are thinking about yourself,   I can guarantee it is normal to think of yourself as worthless at times.  Hell I probably do it more than most.   If someone could happen upon a cure for being horribly down on yourself and changing your entire belief system.....well they'd be my hero for sure.   I have grown to accept it but you are right,   we should fight it.   Maybe that's a part of life?   For me I try to find the joy in those rare and tiny moments,   to say to myself,   okay,  life has always been sad and I despise myself,  but at this very moment,   I have such and such thing.   I am not trying to make light of your deep-set core beliefs,  just to tell you that YOU ARE NOT ALONE.   You are one of my kind,  and thus to me YOU HAVE WORTH.   Some of the most brilliant comedians and writers and artists,  to me,   think as you are doing in this paragraph.   I don't know why they have to suffer so,  or why you do,   but what comes from that is something that often results in the most wonderful art.   And I do feel that only people like you and me and other people I know and love are BEST at appreciating,  say,  Voltaire's Candide,  or  some of my favorite comics today like Doug Stanhope.    I wonder how often those two artists have been used in the same sentence by the way!  

Ha -- I just realized that I basically said that we are special because we think we are so darn worthless.   Ironic,  eh?  

Sorry I felt I had to respond since I feel similar to you,   although I know you are looking for an actual suggestion.    

#21 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

oh and one more thing.....being a loner often has the wonderful benefit of making the few friends and acquaintances you do allow into your life the best of the best.   Because you pare it all down to the people who are so truly decent and the riff raff are all cast aside.   You don't need twenty friends,   only several good ones  (maybe an extra in the wings in case one dies or falls short of expectations haha.)

#22 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

I read something that I guess to be related to Yours in reddit.com/r/science

Stop cheering people up. Researchers discover that people with low self-esteem don't want to hear uplifting tales, and just need to be left alone. Or hear that their feelings are normal.

http://www.today.com...r-it-1D79852039

I´m not sure whether this matchs, but hope it helps.

Edited by Flex, 04 August 2014 - 06:12 PM.

#23 TheBatman

• 217 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

What sort things in life stress you out? 

What do you want to do?

What are your short term and long term goals (if you have any)

Beliefs are all about perspective. And I'm not saying you need to change your attitude or look at things in a different light. I'm just saying you feel crappy because your life is probably crappy. You can take medications that might help you care less, but they wont solve anything. At most they can only assist you in making real changes. I am a firm believer that you could change just about anything about yourself if you had enough time or money. 

Beating any depression comes from knowing the source of you pain and then obliterating it. And sometimes it isn't always possible in this life.

#24 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

Ok so had to go back and reread the original so as to not get distracted....i do find this a stimulating topic so thank you for that.   How do you get people to "admit"  the truth as you see it and tell you,   literally,  that you are only mediocre as a human?   I find that kind of funny I have to say.   Like,  I picture you with a guy up against the wall,  a gun to his head,  telling him to admit that you are not that wonderful!    I do hear you on one thing here -- the need to be honest and utterly without lies even to yourself.   I get so mad when my mom for example wants to stick her head in the sand and go la-la-la I can't heeeear you!   when i tell her about my past drug use.   You are one of the ones among us who prefers to not lie to yourself;   this is something I can relate to.   However,  you are saying that you are only mediocre at best when in fact who are you to decide this?   I mean,  what are your parameters?   How does one determine mediocrity?   I think a very great thing is to be blissfully ignorant of how impossible things "should"  be.   If you don't know something is impossible,  then it's easier to do it in my experience.   Hell,  I modeled and worked in a looks-oriented industry,  and if I listened to all the people telling me I was ugly/loserish as a kid,   and gave in,  then I wouldn't even have walked into the offices to begin with.   This isn't to say I didn't internalize much of what I was teased about,  but still....so don't tell me something isn't possible because I refuse to back down from that.   How do you change the beliefs?  Not something like hypnosis is my guess,  but rather forcefully acting in opposition to them.   If you feel you can't do something,  work harder than everyone else and at least you know you tried.   Screw all the naysayers,  tilt at windmills,   etc.,   and you have your own respect for at least trying.

#25 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

I know this "sticking the head in the sand" from my own enviroment..

After accidentaly finding an article about Psychological resilience

http://en.wikipedia....ical_resilience,

I believe this explained to me partly why the people do this.

Because according to this, it seems that it is a self protecting behavior to blend out the negative stuff

that it is semmingly not "bearable" and is bad for their confindence and overall quality of life.

So it could be, in their view, a kind of favor to You whilst telling that everything is ok and that you will therefore as a consequence

blend out all the negative stuff like they.

I´m either as You not a big fan to act if there is nothing bad.

But, at least for my self, I saw that the resilence/ stress protection lacks if nothing is done against the bad signals from the outside.

All in one ( of course assumed that I´m right with this):

Those people are for me basically right, but they do it wrong.

Because their style could maybe lead to even more traumatic happenings when the curtain eventually drops..

Edited by Flex, 06 August 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#26 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

hmm this is true,  a protective measure.   If we all were too honest we would all probably just lie down in the sand and wait for the ocean to drown us since death is inevitable,  so yeah,  we all,  every single day,  go about our merry ways pretending the end will not come,   if you really think about it.   So being too honest can indeed have its downside.   But also you're right,  don't go overboard either way (so yes I agree.)  You have to pretend that you aren't aware of eventual death,   of your own faults,  or self-doubt,  just to go around and function.

#27 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:48 AM

Vtrader,

You are me before i started visiting longecity. Go with the flow, hate life in general. Since I started my stack I have become

#28 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

Cold and disconnected. Its the greatest thing ever. I always dreamed of being such a person, now I am and I am not even on racetams yet. Lol. Hell I cut my own hair today and damn do I look good.

#29 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

As far as your journey. I would figure out a stack that lets you fill in the gap to be the you that you want. I am not even talking "enhancement" stuff either. Stop giving a shit. That is the key to all of this.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#30 TheBatman

• 217 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:40 AM

As far as your journey. I would figure out a stack that lets you fill in the gap to be the you that you want. I am not even talking "enhancement" stuff either. Stop giving a shit. That is the key to all of this.

You can't stop giving a shit when you're in pain though.

If I break my leg, not giving a shit isn't going to make it stop hurting. Same with emotional pain such as depression.

I would never want to stop caring about the world around me, but that's just my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users