* * * * * 4 votes

NGF spray

nootropic ngf

• Please log in to reply
612 replies to this topic

#31 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:13 AM

Alright wre getting closer were at about 13-14 people once we get up to 20 I'll move foward with everything!

#32 aarfai

• 75 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

In

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Mark me down for 3

In

Marked you guys down. Welcome to the group buy.

I would see about asking the company if they could lower the price if you can purchase more. Try to get it down to 70 per mg. You definitely can't put it in your eye because you would not only need incredible purity, but also know what you're doing and making sure it is sterile. Try to get it shipped in a thermally insulated container with ice packs and fridge storage between shipping? Post offices have fridges they use for this purpose.

I went over shipping numerous times with the company there will be no problem.

• like x 1

#34 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:47 PM

Since there are concerns over long term sterility in using eye drops...

How straightforward will it be to convert it to a nasal spray?

(And my thoughts on cost...  Is this not the "holy grail" of preventing and maybe reversing brain aging?  What am I missing - why are people haggling over $70 versus $100.  Serious question - not trying to be an ass.  I fear I might be misunderstanding the benefits, because to me even at $200 it would be so worth it????)

#35 1337

• 67 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:07 AM

I'm in.

#36 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

im still in but i lost money over coke scam recently and im on budget so i have to know the price before i go all in.

• Informative x 1
  • dislike x 1

#37 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

What kind of benefits could we expect from NGF? I mean I know its a neutrophin and increases cognitive function but specifically what kind of effects would one see from administration of NGF?

#38 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:23 PM

Put me on the list!!!  Much obliged.   :-D

#39 bemoored

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

Hi, have lurked a long time and finally joined in order to respond to this.  Count me in!

#40 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:19 PM

Since there are concerns over long term sterility in using eye drops...

How straightforward will it be to convert it to a nasal spray?

(And my thoughts on cost...  Is this not the "holy grail" of preventing and maybe reversing brain aging?  What am I missing - why are people haggling over $70 versus $100.  Serious question - not trying to be an ass.  I fear I might be misunderstanding the benefits, because to me even at $200 it would be so worth it????)

It can be worth it and still cost you a fortune which is hard to afford. =/

#41 1337

• 67 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:49 AM

For plenty of people open heart surgery is "worth it", but hardly a possibility. The world of education and nutition is already largely divided by a class war, the extant to which nootropics can contribute to this inequity should not to be underestimated.

Edited by 1337, 29 January 2015 - 12:50 AM.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#42 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:55 AM

Ok but we're not talking about $70 versus $150,000.

We're talking about $70 versus $100.

And the fact people are concentrating on cost (in places) is just making me question if I understand the "holy grail" aspect of this "product".

Trust me, I'm uber frugal.  BUT - I often pay more for a premium product because the price delta is reasonably small and the quality premium is not.  So frugal, but will pay more for value.

Anyway - I'm glad to see this may work out :)

#43 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:51 AM

I will stop quibbling over prices when there is something out there that turns me into a space marine overnight, then cost would be no bar to my will. Until then, I will carry on wisely. Good for you sure, but it's hardly going to make you into a super genius, especially by itself. Besides, just because you don't care how much you're paying doesn't mean it's unreasonable for others to discuss it. Not to mention, it's not like anyone here is profiting from these purchases, so why are you advocating on behalf of the lab?

• dislike x 1

#44 oppenheimer82

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

it is said the ngf levels in the brain are the highest between age 10 and 15, right before and right after you hit puberty. i remember the days when i was 10, 11,12,13, my cognition was out of this world, so perhaps there is a correlation between high ngf levels and super cognition (memory, abstract thinking, speed etc) ? anyway, 100 us dollars for 1 mg of this type of substance is very very affordable. and i'm glad i'm in this groupbuy.

• WellResearched x 1

#45 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

I will stop quibbling over prices when there is something out there that turns me into a space marine overnight, then cost would be no bar to my will. Until then, I will carry on wisely. Good for you sure, but it's hardly going to make you into a super genius, especially by itself. Besides, just because you don't care how much you're paying doesn't mean it's unreasonable for others to discuss it. Not to mention, it's not like anyone here is profiting from these purchases, so why are you advocating on behalf of the lab?

Just some perspective:

10mcg is about 4 times cheaper than 5ml Cerebroylsin (assuming some sort of equivalency)

If we use what I paid for 5x5x10ml Cere (2700SEK), and assume 180 USD for 1mg NGF.

54SEK or about USD6.8 per 5ml dose (not including needles etc), versus about 1.8 USD for 10mcg ngf.

(1mg=1000mcg)

To be fair I had very serious reasons for paying this kind of money for Cerebrolysin (like half a months income in my case), and I don't have many expenditures. On the other hand there is almost always expenditures you can cut.

What I think is in favor of paying some money for this NGF, is it might produce some long-lasting effects. Perhaps not very obvious subjective effects (motivation, competency, etc), but I'm guessing all-round

better mental state (perhaps some mild tiredness) that you will notice after a while more and more.

#46 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

Forgive me if you already mentioned it but are you getting a carrier free version or not? Also how will we use it as a nasal spray? I should also note that one study I read mentioned a different kind of nasal injector or whatever you want to call it. Basically it mentioned that it was more effective because it shot it up the nose farther than a normal nasal spray would. I'll see if I can find where I read that at again.

I'm still in, just had a few questions.

EDIT:

I can't find what I read. After reading through a few more studies it seems that just normal intranasal application works fine.

Edited by dz93, 29 January 2015 - 02:54 PM.

#47 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

Forgive me if you already mentioned it but are you getting a carrier free version or not? Also how will we use it as a nasal spray? I should also note that one study I read mentioned a different kind of nasal injector or whatever you want to call it. Basically it mentioned that it was more effective because it shot it up the nose farther than a normal nasal spray would. I'll see if I can find where I read that at again.

I'm still in, just had a few questions.

EDIT:

I can't find what I read. After reading through a few more studies it seems that just normal intranasal application works fine.

I'm sure intranasal will work perfectly. However, I plan on following Remi and dosing with eye drops!

Were so close till this takes off just few more days! When I open up the group buy officially i'll PM everyone who showed interest and post all information here on the forum.

I have high hopes for this group buy. The more I research NGF the more I like it!

#48 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

Here's the CERE-110 that was mentioned earlier.

We need to get our hands on some of this stuff. I can only imagine what the price would be.

But I think it would be wise to wait a while to see what the long term effects might be.

Also in this video it mentions, at the beginning around 3min or so, that 0.040 micrograms (EDIT: Later on it mentions more accurately 40ng/mL or 100ng/kg) of NGF sublingually acts as an anti-depressant. Not sure if that was already known to everyone on here but I figured I'd mention it.

EDIT again: Based on the video, the research showed that subQ injections of 64ng/kg NGF had effects in the brain. So it appears that NGF can pass the blood brain barrier. Maybe I'm understanding things wrong. This information can be found at around 18min. Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding things.

At 19min in he talks about gene changes as a result of NGF injections.

Actually, I'm just going to stop editing and adding things in because this whole video has a lot of valuable information on NGF in it. So, watch it lol.

Edited by dz93, 29 January 2015 - 05:41 PM.

• Informative x 3

#49 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

For anyone thinking this is THE drug for a drastic increase in intelligence, just know that the discoverer of NGF took it for a looong time and I think it's safe to say she didn't become a genius. People looking to supplement with NGF should be more concerned with longevity IMHO.
  • Agree x 3
  • dislike x 2
  • Disagree x 2
  • Informative x 1

#50 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

For anyone thinking this is THE drug for a drastic increase in intelligence, just know that the discoverer of NGF took it for a looong time and I think it's safe to say she didn't become a genius. People looking to supplement with NGF should be more concerned with longevity IMHO.

Heh heh heh, the military has the correct formulas. Can't get it though.

#51 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

Of course its not the holy grail. But its a step in the right direction. Maybe you could see some amazing results with NGF and a few other things combined. Who knows. We have to experiment first.

#52 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

I was wondering. What would happen if you supplemented with BDNF?

#53 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

Wouldn't supplementing with Lions Mane at therapeutic doses accomplish the same feat? In theory, one would think introducing an endogenous source of anything naturally produced in the body would halt natural production.

For example, taking testosterone will halt natural production. On the other hand, if you gave your body hcg shots, it will increase natural production of testosterone and is much more healthy.

Hcg=Lions Mane. Testosterone=hcg eye drops
  • Good Point x 3
  • Disagree x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1

#54 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

Wouldn't supplementing with Lions Mane at therapeutic doses accomplish the same feat? In theory, one would think introducing an endogenous source of anything naturally produced in the body would halt natural production.

For example, taking testosterone will halt natural production. On the other hand, if you gave your body hcg shots, it will increase natural production of testosterone and is much more healthy.

I thought the issue with that was getting NGF to the whole brain. I was under the impression that lions mane and other things that increase NGF would only do so in certain regions of the brain. Maybe I've misunderstood things. Regardless I'd still try steroids for the brain.

There's always CERE110 which will continuously produce NGF in the brain. I guess right now we're just trying to see what the true effects of supplementing NGF will be. Then later on we can figure out ways to keep natural production up or even eliminate the need for natural production altogether.

#55 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

I think we should donate money to longecity to hire and start up a lab to synthesize everything we need lol. It seems like that would be much easier than trying to find places to custom synth things for us and only be able to buy in bulk. A longecity lab would prevent the need for group buys. But I doubt it'd work out. It'd probably be way too expensive. One can dream though right? Lol

Edited by dz93, 30 January 2015 - 04:20 PM.

• like x 5
  • Agree x 1

#56 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:22 PM

I think it's a legal issue. The reason group buys work is because it's extremely private and fairly random as far as outside knowledge goes.

• Agree x 1

#57 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

lions mane must be cholinergic in some way cuz it causes major depression in me

• Disagree x 2
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#58 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:17 PM

lions mane must be cholinergic in some way cuz it causes major depression in me

Lions mane affects the opioid system. Causes weird symptoms in me too.

As far as I remember lions mane only increases NGF in the hippocampus. If someone could prove to me otherwise I'd really like to see some info.

Here's the CERE-110 that was mentioned earlier.

We need to get our hands on some of this stuff. I can only imagine what the price would be.

But I think it would be wise to wait a while to see what the long term effects might be.

Also in this video it mentions, at the beginning around 3min or so, that 0.040 micrograms (EDIT: Later on it mentions more accurately 40ng/mL or 100ng/kg) of NGF sublingually acts as an anti-depressant. Not sure if that was already known to everyone on here but I figured I'd mention it.

EDIT again: Based on the video, the research showed that subQ injections of 64ng/kg NGF had effects in the brain. So it appears that NGF can pass the blood brain barrier. Maybe I'm understanding things wrong. This information can be found at around 18min. Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding things.

At 19min in he talks about gene changes as a result of NGF injections.

Actually, I'm just going to stop editing and adding things in because this whole video has a lot of valuable information on NGF in it. So, watch it lol.

Thanks a lot for this post! A lot of great info.. I'd love to get a hold of some CERE-110. Those two vids got me really pumped for this group buy. The NGF mimetic in reishi are simply amazing.. just a matter before time before we have the real thing.

I'm going to get everything together today and should have everything set up and ready to go soon. I'll post here and PM everyone who showed interest the directions for going forward with the group buy. 

#59 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

plasticperson, lions manes is definitely cholinergic because i did CDP choline, Citicoline and all the other choline sources, same depressive effect. if it had opoiod system affect, ill be a happy fellow

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 oppenheimer82

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:34 AM

so, what's the status on this?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic ngf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users