• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Noopept's neurotransmitter use and my theory.

noopept dopamine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PDW

• 52 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

Alright, this post is going to be mostly theory mixed with my experiences. To start, theres a bit of information out there I have read that points to Noopept acting on the dopamine and serotonin receptors, hence the powerful mood boost some people experience. In my research I have noted that noopept appears to be one of the most active nootropics in the barin as it affects acetycholine, glutamate, dopamine, and serotonin receptors. Theres a lot going on in the brain with this supplement which got me thinking. Theres lots of talk about supplying the brain with extra choline when taking such nootropics, however I see very little talk about the other neurotransmitters that might be affected. In my personal experiences I find that noopept makes me feel great in the morning with alpha-gpc, however come the afternoon second dose, well I still feel somewhat good but I also feel anxious, sometimes short of breath, irritable and aggressive, and fatigued. I've read some people's experiences with noopept to be very negative, mostly in mood department or the cognitive department. In many cases concerning cognition, when people started supplementing choline with noopept the negative effect dissipated, but sometimes not. This makes me wonder if the brain requires a lot more nourishment when using noopept, considering how powerful it is and also depending upon the person's chemistry. Concerning myself, I know that I am very low in dopamine and choline, and slightly low in serotonin based on neurotransmitter test's I took. Noopept and most of the other Nootropics tend to amplify the activity of the neurotransmitters in our brain and the uptake of their required nutrients. So with that in mind, how can someone expect good results with over-clocking their brain if they happen to be low in dopamine or serotonin? Noopept seems to be a very potent nootropic that I believe requires more then choline depending on an individuals chemistry. Possibly a glutamate precursor would be in order such as l-glutamine? In my particular case, I may find relief from the anxious feeling I get in the afternoon from noopept by taking a dopamine precursor such as l-tyrosine and maybe l-tryptophan before bed? I have tried 5-htp for serotonin and did not like that at all. I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts and ideas on this topic and any shared experiences. I will also add updates to this post as I test my theory. I believe that noopept has a lot more potential then most of us may even realise, especially those of us who have had rather mild or negative experiences with it.

#2 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

It was my understanding that GVS-111 worked primarily by increasing cyclo-l-prolylglycine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 PDW

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

Yes, it also does that too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users