DHT and the Brain {Area-1255} {NearlyFamous}

dht and the brain androgens what is dht dihydrotestostero

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#61 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

Another overlooked factor besides genetics is the actual receptor placement and the also the intracellular regulating kinases, for example, the inverse regulation of mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) from histamine , whereas androgens generally increase MAPK - therefore histamine and it's effects on leydig cells might actually be negative feedback itself, histamine stimulates gonadotropins at low-normal and normal doses, but at high amounts it may or may not produce estrogen problems..depending on the person and most importantly, body fat level!

That's the difference between a high histamine person who has higher test levels, they all will have higher metabolism regardless of hormone levels, but the irony is some escape this loop and end up having their cravings take control of them - and in this case that inverse regulation spoken of in the beginning comes into play.

• WellResearched x 5
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#62 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

Lifting heavy weights and doing resistance training as well as core body workouts also increases brain DHT.

• WellResearched x 5
  • Well Written x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 supreme89

• 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:02 AM

I take dutasteride for hair loss. Is there anything I can do to counteract the negative effects of not having dht in my brain?

#64 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

I take dutasteride for hair loss. Is there anything I can do to counteract the negative effects of not having dht in my brain?

Maybe neurosteroid supplementation or supplements that increase neurosteroid synthesis. Definitely vitamin D, Pregnenolone, DHEA, cortisol blockers like cissus; GABA transaminase inhibitors; gastrodine. I would be looking at estrogen and prolactin levels if you are taking those drugs as well - you should get blood work..DHT is one of the most important and protective hormones, it helps prevent gyno; bitch tits, it helps stop prostate inflammation, and it allows one to feel collected and confident..it also plays a vital role in brain function.

You could look into proviron as well...or maybe epi-andro....

Edited by Area-1255, 22 October 2014 - 11:52 AM.

• WellResearched x 4
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#65 supreme89

• 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

Maybe neurosteroid supplementation or supplements that increase neurosteroid synthesis. Definitely vitamin D, Pregnenolone, DHEA, cortisol blockers like cissus; GABA transaminase inhibitors; gastrodine. I would be looking at estrogen and prolactin levels if you are taking those drugs as well - you should get blood work..DHT is one of the most important and protective hormones, it helps prevent gyno; bitch tits, it helps stop prostate inflammation, and it allows one to feel collected and confident..it also plays a vital role in brain function.

I've been taking it for like four years with no negative side effects. Cognition is the same, as evidenced by regular IQ tests I take (I'm a Mensa member). But to be fair, I have been taking a decent number of noots as well in those four years. My male pattern baldness was so strong that finasteride wasn't enough to stave off its the assault on my follicles. I took fin from when I was 17 to 21. If not for dut, i would have been slick bald by the age of 22. Any ideas why I haven't gotten the cognitive sides that you mention on your little blog?

Edited by supreme89, 22 October 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#66 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:55 PM

I've been taking it for like four years with no negative side effects. Cognition is the same, as evidenced by regular IQ tests I take (I'm a Mensa member). But to be fair, I have been taking a decent number of noots as well in those four years. My male pattern baldness was so strong that finasteride wasn't enough to stave off its the assault on my follicles. I took fin from when I was 17 to 21. If not for dut, i would have been slick bald by the age of 22. Any ideas why I haven't gotten the cognitive sides that you mention on your little blog?

Probably the noots - and maybe you have good BDNF levels....something that serotonin, androgens, acetylcholine and GABA all tend to increase. Another interesting one is "lion's mane" - it's a nerve growth factor secretagogue mushroom .

Edited by Area-1255, 22 October 2014 - 04:55 PM.

• WellResearched x 3
  • Informative x 2
  • Well Written x 1

#67 supreme89

• 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

My current stack is:

Noopept

Theanine

Alpha GPC

Curcumin

Green Tea ECG extract

Piperidine

Fish Oil

Bacopa

Lion's mane

Meds:

Modafinil

Ritalin (have had add since i was a little kid, dad has it too)

Is it safe to take pregnenolone?

#68 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

My current stack is:

Noopept

Theanine

Alpha GPC

Curcumin

Green Tea ECG extract

Piperidine

Fish Oil

Bacopa

Lion's mane

Meds:

Modafinil

Shouldn't be a big deal, it basically modulates NMDA receptor channels and may potentiate GABA activity.

• WellResearched x 4
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#69 supreme89

• 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

My current stack is:

Noopept

Theanine

Alpha GPC

Curcumin

Green Tea ECG extract

Piperidine

Fish Oil

Bacopa

Lion's mane

Meds:

Modafinil

Shouldn't be a big deal, it basically modulates NMDA receptor channels and may potentiate GABA activity.

What dosage of it should i take?

#70 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:08 PM

My current stack is:

Noopept

Theanine

Alpha GPC

Curcumin

Green Tea ECG extract

Piperidine

Fish Oil

Bacopa

Lion's mane

Meds:

Modafinil

What dosage of it should i take?

5-10 mg to start..also ashwagandha and safed musli would potentiate the effects and help build strength and mass...not sure if you are seeing decreases in any of those from the fina.

• WellResearched x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#71 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

Pregnenolone might promote estrogen effects. The conversion pathway for testosterone to DHT is blocked by fin and dut, testosterone will be biased towards estrogen. Pregnenolone increases testosterone.

http://en.wikipedia....oidogenesis.svg

The ratio of DHT to estrogen is the critical element for male characteristics from what i've read. If you're concerned about fin and dut try to limit your treatment to topicals and dose carefully. There is a lot of information out there on topical treatment using anti-androgens.

Alternatively try supplements that reduce the creation of estrogens. Be careful with prescription substances to this effect, they're potent and need to be balanced.

#72 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

Pregnenolone might promote estrogen effects. The conversion pathway for testosterone to DHT is blocked by fin and dut, testosterone will be biased towards estrogen. Pregnenolone increases testosterone.

http://en.wikipedia....oidogenesis.svg

The ratio of DHT to estrogen is the critical element for male characteristics from what i've read. If you're concerned about fin and dut try to limit your treatment to topicals and dose carefully. There is a lot of information out there on topical treatment using anti-androgens.

Alternatively try supplements that reduce the creation of estrogens. Be careful with prescription substances to this effect, they're potent and need to be balanced.

Yeah, and people really underestimate the effects of DHT; it not only inhibits aromatase itself but also stops estrogen related side effects at the receptor level..that means the amount of an aromatase inhibitor one would have to take to counter the sides of low DHT would be much greater than estrogen elevation by another cause...and let's not forget that that same estrogen elevation also produces the elevations in many other neurohormones/feedback mechanisms.

Again..can't stress enough that androgen; estrogen ratio is important...and this goes for modulating endogenous corticosteroid effects as well..most studies show that corticosteroids for asthma lose their effectiveness when that same person has adrenal issues and / or androgen deficiency.

• WellResearched x 4
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#73 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

Exactly the reason for the notion of mast as a cutting tool and to block water retention caused by E2.

Edited by Area-1255, 27 October 2014 - 10:30 PM.

• WellResearched x 3
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#74 Son of Perdition

• Validating/Suspended
  • 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

Always knew there's more to it than meets the eye. DHT is a powerful hormone, not to be under estimated for both good and bad sides..although only bad I can think of is if you have MPB in your family or usually native heritage that balding is prevalent in. Among others. I don't think I've seen anybody go as in -depth as you have OP..good to know there are still some willing to provide all the information and dig up all of these studies!

#75 Yunasa

• 28 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

my boyfriend read this article along time ago when it was first posted - cool stuff!

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#76 AMx Workshop

• Guest Spammer
  • 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:55 PM

Jason (Area-1255) is one of the most briliant guys I know - and is a main inspiration for my histamine book . :)

This article is personally one of my favorites. love it, read this years back and holds true in every way , based on my dealings and experiments...to say the least. he really hits the core of the argument,.

Edited by AMx Workshop, 01 November 2014 - 06:56 PM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#77 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

Jason (Area-1255) is one of the most briliant guys I know - and is a main inspiration for my histamine book . :)

This article is personally one of my favorites. love it, read this years back and holds true in every way , based on my dealings and experiments...to say the least. he really hits the core of the argument,.

Thanks, and yes I read it, good job brother!

• WellResearched x 4
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#78 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

Any other thoughts on this article?

Surprised nobody has mentioned masteron or anything like it yet, lol.

• WellResearched x 4
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#79 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

Minerals also affect DHT levels..copper excess can cause DHT and estrogen dominance....not good either - if you have high DHT that is fine, but not at the expense of the other active metabolic forms of test, it's about HORMONE RATIOS as well - every man should want high DHT - but not with high estro as well - and not simultaneous with low test.

• WellResearched x 4
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#80 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

BORON ALSO AFFECTS DHT, SLIGHTLY INCREASING IT!

http://anabolicmen.c...n-testosterone/

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21129941

J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2011 Jan;25(1):54-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jtemb.2010.10.001. Epub 2010 Dec 3.
Comparative effects of daily and weekly boron supplementation on plasma steroid hormones and proinflammatory cytokines.
Abstract

Boron possesses widespread properties in biochemistry and nutrition. Acute supplementation with 11.6 mg of boron resulted in a significant increase in plasma boron concentration. Given such a fast bioavailability, the objective was to determine whether acute (hourly or daily), and weekly supplementation could have any significant biological effects on the steroid hormones and further on some inflammatory biomarkers. Eight healthy male volunteers attended the laboratory on three occasions (days 0, 1 and 7). On the first day (day 0), a blood sample collection at 8.00 A.M was followed by ingestion of placebo with the breakfast. On the next day (supplementation-day 1), similar procedure was followed by ingestion of a capsule containing 10mg of boron. On both occasions blood was collected every 2h for the next 6h. Subjects were requested to consume a capsule of 10mg boron every day with their breakfast, and on the day 7, the blood collection was carried out at 8.00 A.M, again. Boron in plasma increased significantly following hours and weekly consumption. Six hours supplementation showed a significant decrease on sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), high sensitive CRP (hsCRP) and TNF-α level. After one week (in samples taken at 8.00 A.M, only), the mean plasma free testosterone increased and the mean plasma estradiol decreased significantly. Dihydrotestosterone, cortisol and vitamin D was elevated. Also, concentrations of all three inflammatory biomarkers decreased after supplementation. Of note, despite decreased proinflammatory cytokines, based on recent clinical data, this must be the first human study report to show an increase level of free testosterone after boron consumption.

Copyright © 2010 Elsevier GmbH. All rights reserved.

PMID:

21129941   [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

• WellResearched x 4
  • Well Written x 1
  • like x 1

#81 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:27 PM

Article updated with the above.

• WellResearched x 5
  • Well Written x 1

#82 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

Have you tried masteron or DHT cream? What does it do?
  • like x 1

#83 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

Have you tried masteron or DHT cream? What does it do?

Masteron gave a very profound sense of vigor and energy, made me feel like BANE; more so than usual, everything was just a very calm and controlled atmosphere - yet when needed, and for the gym  - strength was crazy high....again, way more than usual even though I am naturally strong. Also had a very profound impact on libido, even though normally is pretty high - masteron sent it to extreme heights, but it was also "controllable and focused" - by that I mean is that I could take my mind off of it - but when I start thinking about anything sexual, it becomes a super powered cascade of thoughts/fantasies all over again. :)

Also brought veins out everywhere, especially when benching or doing shoulder press.

Andractim, DHT Gel had some similar effects , but not to the extent of masteron.

Edited by Area-1255, 01 December 2014 - 11:03 PM.

• WellResearched x 5
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#84 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

Holy shit brb pinning masteron.

So why don't you still take it?

Does it actually have an anti-anxiety effect?

Edited by Jbac, 01 December 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#85 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:40 PM

Holy shit brb pinning masteron.

So why don't you still take it?

Does it actually have an anti-anxiety effect?

Definitely felt like it had a klonopine type effect almost - 300 mg 3 x a week though, so it was a pretty steep dose. It also had some stimulating properties when combined with caffeine....but balanced it out perfectly. :)

Edited by Area-1255, 01 December 2014 - 11:41 PM.

• WellResearched x 5
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#86 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:47 PM

So why don't you keep taking it?

PTSD study showed that in women only (no causal relationship in men) low estrogen was associated with higher incidence of PTSD. I wouldn't be surprised if DHT is the analogous hormone in men that is too low in those with PTSD.
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#87 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

PTSD study showed that in women only (no causal relationship in men) low estrogen was associated with higher incidence of PTSD. I wouldn't be surprised if DHT is the analogous hormone in men that is too low in those with PTSD.

It gets too expensive, plus at the time my intention was solely for a cutting cycle, not just an experiment. :)

There are many men who favor low estrogen levels, especially over high estrogen levels, but ...some actually prefer a low estrogen or even undetectable estrogen state - my only concern would be an unfavorable shift in lipids and possible bone mass / density decreases...of course, there are studies that potent androgens themselves can protect against bone loss....

I s'pose having low natural E2 is favorable for remaining lean, but not for building significant amounts of mass or for bulking, as you wouldn't be able to hold enough water to do so.

Interestingly, there are other conditions besides low estro that cause excessive diuresis, one of them would be a very high histamine level; or undermethylation....

• WellResearched x 5
  • Well Written x 1

#88 scibor1

• 36 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:08 PM

I feel stupid and I'm stupid after proviron (mesterolone) use.
After methyl-DHT (mestanolone) I also feel like mentally retarded /
the reason?
low estrogen? gaba activated? vasoconstriction?

I eat once a week (dose 15 mg)

• unsure x 1

#89 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

Because you're a woman?
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 mindpatch

• 120 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:38 PM

It gets too expensive, plus at the time my intention was solely for a cutting cycle, not just an experiment. :)

There are many men who favor low estrogen levels, especially over high estrogen levels, but ...some actually prefer a low estrogen or even undetectable estrogen state - my only concern would be an unfavorable shift in lipids and possible bone mass / density decreases...of course, there are studies that potent androgens themselves can protect against bone loss....

I s'pose having low natural E2 is favorable for remaining lean, but not for building significant amounts of mass or for bulking, as you wouldn't be able to hold enough water to do so.

Interestingly, there are other conditions besides low estro that cause excessive diuresis, one of them would be a very high histamine level; or undermethylation....

Extremely low estradiol on men actually contributes to fat accumulation, as well as depressed libido, anxiety and bone demineralization.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dht and the brain, androgens, what is dht, dihydrotestostero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users